Gender neutral toilets??

S

Saphire

A woman is angry after finding a man using a urinal in a male bathroom that had been incorrectly labelled as gender-neutral.
Associate professor Sarahjane Jones, 35, attended a Health Research Authority (HRA) conference at the Science and Industry Museum, in Manchester, on Wednesday.
When she went to use the bathroom, she chose the one labelled ‘inclusive’ with a sign depicting a male, a female and a mix of the two.

She claims to have walked in on a man using a urinal, who she would have had to pass to get to a cubicle.

Sarahjane, who researches patient safety at Staffordshire University, later tweeted about her bathroom experience saying: ‘This is not an example of inclusively! And is wholly unacceptable.’

More than 1,000 people have since commented on the post, with one commentator calling it ‘insane’ and another writing: ‘Funny how this inclusion always excludes women’.

The museum has since confirmed it accidentally labelled this gender-neutral toilet as ‘inclusive’ when it was supposed to be just for men. :rolleyes:

Sarahjane, who researches patient safety at Staffordshire University, later tweeted about her bathroom experience saying: ‘This is not an example of inclusively! And is wholly unacceptable.’

More than 1,000 people have since commented on the post, with one commentator calling it ‘insane’ and another writing: ‘Funny how this inclusion always excludes women’.

The museum has since confirmed it accidentally labelled this gender-neutral toilet as ‘inclusive’ when it was supposed to be just for men.

S

Saphire

This happened to me in Paris once, I had to pass a man openly peeing in the urinal order to get to the cubicle...not very pleasant.
Even odder, there was a payphone inside the toilet too.

S

Saphire

I suspect this was many, many yrs ago.
I've witnessed that, too, but the payphone was in a sort of outer room/corridor that led to the cubicle.

Maybe there was also a urinal in said corridor (as you mentioned) but I probably didn't notice as there was no one urinating in it whilst I was passing thorugh to get to the cubicle.

I recall the payphone though.
It was about 15 years ago.
I wonder if it was the same place, a little cafe in Montmartre.
I was also offered a job that day, but that's another story.:D

S

Saphire

How very dare you? That could have been a woman using the urinal. Your assumptions are offensive. :mad:

(Sorry about that, I seem to have come over all ‘leftie twat’ then. It won’t happen again, I promise.)
Well, if it was a woman, she had a good aim.:cool:

S

Saphire

Nooo, one of those ‘new’ women, the ones with beards and penises. Lol
No beard, and tbh, I averted my eyes as I passed.
We went to Paris to drink in the local culture, but this was overstepping the mark.o_O

S

Saphire

I dont mind mixed toilets, they have some great ones in York uni, our favourite bistro has mixed toilets too.
They dont have urinals, (thank goodness) just cubicles, I dont have a problem with them.
I dont agree with them in schools, and I do think, if space allows, establishments should have alternative male/female toilets too.

Back