Forum Posts

M

Markie

Hi, given that some threads are being ruined, and i myself have been guilty in participating in them,
would it not be an idea to have a tool in the 'Thread tools' options for the author of the said thread to have the option to delete unwanted or irrelevant posts so saving them being ruined in the 1st place?

I am sure this could be included if possible, or, if not possible, then maybe a Mod could better superintend the threads to make sure it is limited.

Not having a dig as i am sure that would take up some time to oversee for anybody assigned to the task.

But it would save those that think they have some sort of 'right' to comment on what others post , mentioning no names like, from doing so. ;)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am sure before this site was taken over, there was an option for the author of the thread to delete any posts they wanted to. Hopefully admin might be able to sort something.

M

Markie

I am sure before this site was taken over, there was an option for the author of the thread to delete any posts they wanted to. Hopefully admin might be able to sort something.
Let's hope so Yaris, it seems to be getting out of hand.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

No never the case ,

Ops can delete or edit their own posts ,

You can not give Moderator controls to the entire user base ,

You are suggesting utter chaos tbf.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No never the case ,

Ops can delete or edit their own posts ,

You can not give Moderator controls to the entire user base ,

You are suggesting utter chaos tbf.
My mistake then Poco, thank you....

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
My mistake then Poco, thank you....

Obviously if it was possible (It never would be) ,

Some of the Users would probably use it correctly but a lot would not,

You would possibly even get ppl starting threads just to act up,

Ppl just need to try and keep threads to topic and stop turning them into their personal gripes ,

I do agree with that :)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Obviously if it was possible (It never would be) ,
Some of the Users would probably use it correctly but a lot would not,

You would possibly even get ppl starting threads just to act up,

Ppl just need to try and keep threads to topic and stop turning them into their personal gripes ,

I do agree with that :)
Easier said than done with the personal gripes, i can guarantee it, they will bring it to this one sadly...so many good threads have been spoilt by griping.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
M

Markie

Well, it's a shame that the option for the author of any particular thread can't have the option to
delete unnecessary/irrelevant posts, i am sure it wouldn't cause chaos as you suppose.

It would be nice if it were possible, and given a trial run.
It obviously is possible as there are Thread options available to the author, and could be included in there.

The only other option is that the Forum posts be better moderated, and just remove those posts that
are irrelevant to the subject, and any bickering, which only seems to be caused by a few people
who seem to think if any post isn't to their liking they then proceed to 'wage war' on the thread
and then it gets closed down, which isn't really a helpful solution to the problem at all!

It's really about time something was done about those certain few, that constantly spoil it for everyone else.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it's a shame that the option for the author of any particular thread can't have the option to
delete unnecessary/irrelevant posts, i am sure it wouldn't cause chaos as you suppose.

It would be nice if it were possible, and given a trial run.
It obviously is possible as there are Thread options available to the author, and could be included in there.

The only other option is that the Forum posts be better moderated, and just remove those posts that
are irrelevant to the subject, and any bickering, which only seems to be caused by a few people
who seem to think if any post isn't to their liking they then proceed to 'wage war' on the thread
and then it gets closed down, which isn't really a helpful solution to the problem at all!

It's really about time something was done about those certain few, that constantly spoil it for everyone else.

That's because you are not thinking it through properly ,

I stated two very valid reasons and i could list 20 more ,

It is a Forum that is open to all to comment on any post ,

The thing is your opinion may differ to the opinion of others and another reason why every single user having these controls would just add chaos ,

My points are proven in your own words Grasshopper :)

The Forum is moderated correctly by the way but obviously you won't agree ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Now leave me to sharpen my skills.

tenor.gif

M

Markie

If they are moderated properly, why aren't the offensive posts removed?
Instead the threads are closed down, how is that a solution?

If the posts got removed then it just might stop those ruining the threads from doing so again.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I have answered all i can to every question ,

Try to see it this way ,

I'm Sat on a fence whereas you are in your own Garden , Grill on , sipping a Bourbon voicing your Opinion.

See now ?

tenor (3).gif

M

Markie

No, not really, there really aren't that many 'offensive' posts, and are pretty obvious to spot, why can't they just be removed?

B

Bad_Influence

One person’s ‘offensive’ is another person’s ‘compliment’. You cannot give offence, only take it, and nowadays the snowflakes are offended by EVERYTHING. If every post that could be deemed offensive was removed, the forums would be blank.

M

Markie

You are the main perpetrator of starting arguments off Bad_Influence, and maintaining them, thereby ruining threads.

Elwood had to close a thread down because of you and others.

B

Bad_Influence

You are the main perpetrator of starting arguments off Bad_Influence, and maintaining them, thereby ruining threads.

Elwood had to close a thread down because of you and others.

You’re welcome.

Back