Favourite Sports

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Curling and cricket. Oh! and does boules count?

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Like most sports except ice skating darts tennis and a few other sports

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Curling and cricket. Oh! and does boules count?

I was recently discussing ludicrous sports with a friend, specifically those featured at the Olympic Games, which we considered to be painful viewing, and ultimately, a complete waste of time and television.
Tae Kwando and judo were the first that we jointly agreed on, along with shooting and archery.
Curling was nominated also even though it is risibly considered a winter 'sport'. We likened it to bowling on ice with Horlicks, or other suitable nightcap.
It worries me when people consider what are basically sedentary pastimes to be viewed as sports.
In that regard, arm wrestling ideally combines the two. ;)

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
MEGS i said most sports except a few i put on above

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I like footie highlights on MOTD (low concentration levels here) but I like a good live game in the stadium or watching my nephews play. I like PLAYING rounders! I remember Saturday nights watching boxing with my dad... now, I couldn't watch a man being hurt like that for I have become a wuss. I would watch anything from athletics to ice skating and tennis when young. Now, I watch very little. Maybe this is because I am oldwoman.

I hate greyhound racing with a passion. I know it's irrelevant here but I think I will put it at the end of every post I write from now on because I feel so strongly about this, I fear I may pop.

My dad used to ask me to play old boxing videos on the internet. We would watch the classics like Ali v Foreman, Tyson v Spinks, Ali v Fraiser and he really enjoyed Micky Ward.

And you're not old! If it's any consolation, you're younger than my mum lol.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
My dad used to ask me to play old boxing videos on the internet. We would watch the classics like Ali v Foreman, Tyson v Spinks, Ali v Fraiser and he really enjoyed Micky Ward.

And you're not old! If it's any consolation, you're younger than my mum lol.

Cesar Julio Chavez v Oscar Dela Hoya - Hell of a fight :)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I used to love watching Ricky Hatton

He was all heart man and he threw those gut punches from the floor ,

When they landed , you were done.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I used to love watching Ricky Hatton

He was all heart man and he threw those gut punches from the floor ,

When they landed , you were done.

I remember me and my dad watching the Froch v Groves series. I thought they were entertaining matches.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I remember me and my dad watching the Froch v Groves series. I thought they were entertaining matches.

Yes i agree , they were so evenly matched it was always entertaining ....

Resolute

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Watersports (especially kayaking and sit-down hydrofoiling). And female darts. And male Greco-Roman wrestling.

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Camogie/hurling, Gaelic Football, Aussie Rules, Ice Hockey, Football, Rugby,and Cricket
Now there`s a mix

Back