Favourite Sports

theflame

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What sports does everyone like to watch?

I mainly like watching ice hockey and will occasionally watch football and basketball

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

I mainly like watching ice hockey and will occasionally watch football and basketball

Motorsports ,
MMA , UFC ,
Tennis (Gran Slams)

I'll gladly watch these all day long.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I was introduced to the exciting sport of corn holing in the usa.
Anyone fancy a game let me know!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
American football highlights on the BBC, Baseball's world series, rugby union, football and motor racing on oval tracks are the only sports I watch on the box.

Crazy_Ellie

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I sometimes watch sport with my Dad he likes Football and Motorsport mainly so I have had to grow up in a house where there is a lot of them sports on the TV. I know a lot of girls moan about Football but I am quite happy to watch it however I do find Golf very boring.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Blancpain and World Endurance Championship..
Do love real cars not F1 :)

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
What sports does everyone like to watch?"

Not wishing to be a 'party-pooper', I would contest that what some people consider to be sports are often merely nothing more than games.
Take for example golf; it has long been described as 'a good walk ruined' (Mark Twain), Snooker, Darts, Fishing and Chess.
Apparently, anything involving animals and machines excludes them for being classed as sports despite them having set rules and/ or regulations.
This would therefore rule out the likes of horseracing and all motor sports, even though there are elements of physical exertion and skill required.
I would also dispute archery, like darts, being classed as a sport. I am sure there will be countless other examples.

Anyway, getting back to the question :) ... my personal preferences are football, athletics, cycling and boxing.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaa ?

It's called "Motorsport" because it is a sport.

Elements of Physical exertion and skill required ......

I would love to see you after a 500 mile race @ Daytona in blistering temps on a banked oval at 220 plus mph in a group of 40 other cars ,

You obviously didn't see Bubba Wallace collapse with exhaustion after the Homestead race ?

Starting the season off in Feb and never really going home until Nov.

Sport = Dedication and skill.

Do you think Jockeys do nothing but sit on a Horse ?

Each Sport is different but they are all Sports Men and Women.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaa ?

It's called "Motorsport" because it is a sport.

Elements of Physical exertion and skill required ......

I would love to see you after a 500 mile race @ Daytona in blistering temps on a banked oval at 220 plus mph in a group of 40 other cars ,

You obviously didn't see Bubba Wallace collapse with exhaustion after the Homestead race ?

Starting the season off in Feb and never really going home until Nov.

Sport = Dedication and skill.

Do you think Jockeys do nothing but sit on a Horse ?

Each Sport is different but they are all Sports Men and Women.

I'm SO pleased that there was NO argument regarding MY preferred sports. :cool:
Let's face it, when you're sat on a horse or in a motor vehicle, the animal or the machine is doing all the hard work. ;)
Looking forward to hearing about any other contentious examples.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I'm SO pleased that there was NO argument regarding MY preferred sports. :cool:
Let's face it, when you're sat on a horse or in a motor vehicle, the animal or the machine is doing all the hard work. ;)
Looking forward to hearing about any other contentious examples.

Sorry yeah i left out Cycling but i do love Cycling also ,

I can lay aoround 3 weeks watching Le Tour , i love it :)

Yes a Car or Horse is the factor in these sports but still a certain amount of training , skill and dedication are required ....

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Good question. If I'm watching sports, i like to watch something i can sit down, relax, and watch. The Snooker and Golf are two that i enjoy watching. I also enjoy a few International Rugby games. I've completely gone off Football. It's just not what it used to be, and i find the game has become too political over the years for my taste.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I like footie highlights on MOTD (low concentration levels here) but I like a good live game in the stadium or watching my nephews play. I like PLAYING rounders! I remember Saturday nights watching boxing with my dad... now, I couldn't watch a man being hurt like that for I have become a wuss. I would watch anything from athletics to ice skating and tennis when young. Now, I watch very little. Maybe this is because I am oldwoman.

I hate greyhound racing with a passion. I know it's irrelevant here but I think I will put it at the end of every post I write from now on because I feel so strongly about this, I fear I may pop.

Back