England lost final because

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There is a new Social Media platform starting up called OPON which you have to sign up to without anonymity no faceless trolls allowed. This is being started by a Footballer so i guess most footballers will sign up to that eventually.
As for the game sadly he got the tactics wrong for this game but Qatar will be different i think.
One of the major criticisms at Southgate was his decision to have three inexperienced young players take vital penalty kicks, rather than his more experienced players who may have handled the pressure better. I don't blame the three young lads at all. This was Southgate's decision.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Author unknown.

This is England.

''This is England:
Raheem Sterling, whose big sister would go with him to training and back every day, three buses each way, and never once complained. Raheem Sterling, who called the day he bought his mum a house ‘the best day of my life.’

This is England:
Jordan Henderson, who spent most of the first lockdown last year organising the other 19 Premiership captains to help raise money for the NHS.

This is England:
Marcus Rashford, who secured free school meals for vulnerable kids during school holidays after the government had refused to extend the programme. Marcus Rashford, who lives by the words of his mother Melanie: ‘take pride in knowing that your struggle will play the biggest role in your purpose.’

This is England:
Mason Mount, who gave the shirt he’d worn in the semi-final victory over Denmark to a 10-year-old girl called Belle in the crowd, and in doing her made her smile a smile so incandescent it could melt the Siberian permafrost.

This is England:
Tyrone Mings, who spent part of his childhood in a homeless shelter, who played non-league football while working as a barman and mortgage advisor, and who tells kids at the coaching camps he runs that the game is nothing unless they enjoy it. Tyrone Mings, who was taunted with monkey chants on his England debut against Bulgaria and didn’t pretend he hadn’t heard, who turned to the assistant referee and said, firmly but without aggression, ‘did you hear that?’ As in: we’ve got a problem here, you’re part of the officiating team, so this is your problem too and I’m not going to let you duck it, because though this was the most important match of his life there were some things which were more important still than that.

This is England:
Luke Shaw, who when playing for Southampton watched Liverpool players file unseeingly past two small boys waiting for their autographs, and who went over and said ‘I know I don’t play for your team, but will I do?’ and posed for a photo with them which they will never forget.

This is England:
Declan Rice, who would play cage football in New Malden every day after school and all day on Saturdays, not because he was the best but because he wasn’t.

This is England:
Bukayo Saka, who got As and A*s in his GCSEs because his parents insisted that he work as hard inside the classroom as he did on the pitch. Bukayo Saka, whose Christian name in Yoruba means ‘adds to happiness.’

This is England:
Kieran Trippier, who still speaks regularly to his old teachers at Woodhey High School in Bury because they looked out for him and his brothers. Kieran Trippier, who every day has cause to reflect on the truth of the inscription by the school gates: ‘where dreams may grow.’

This is England:
Kalvin Phillips, whose mum worked two jobs while his dad was in and out of prison. One of those jobs was at Harpo’s Pizzas, where you can now order the Kalvin’s Special.

This is England: Gareth Southgate, who until recently was most famous for missing a penalty he had the balls to volunteer for even though he’d never taken one before, because he knew what Teddy Roosevelt meant when he talked about the man in the arena.

These, too, are England:
an incompetent government and an ineffectual opposition; a system which rewards the venal, the vainglorious and the mendacious; tribes which assume the worst of each other and snipe over Brexit, lockdown and masks; public services creaking under the strain of decades of underfunding; kids getting stabbed and women getting attacked; morons who boo the opponents’ national anthems and shine laser pens at their goalkeepers; and so very, very much more.

These too are England, and they will still be so next week, next month and next year.

But if only for today, there is an England of Raheem Sterling and Jordan Henderson, of Marcus Rashford, of Mason Mount, of Tyrone Mings and of Luke Shaw, of Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka, of Kieran Trippier and Kalvin Phillips, of Gareth Southgate.

If only for today, this is my England. You choose yours.''

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I strongly suspect if England lost 4-0 or 5-1 most of their supporters would accept they lost to the better team. However, it went to extra time then penalties, which is more about luck as about anything else. So well done England, you drew in the final against the European champions,

The ref didn`t use the Video recorders enough times . Both teams looked equal to me and i don`t follow any football . It`s well known that Italian players are good at fouling an opposition when they are looking dangerous .They are noted for it ! hahaha. That don`t explain the poor penalty taking though by England.

B

Bad_Influence

I'm waiting for him to come at me about the law that was passed tonight... but I'm ok for now because there has been a MSM blackout on reporting it... And folk still think they are not being kept in the dark.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Lucky that this thread is only 2 pages long so far ,i found the bit which i responded to :- now read it !

"Just because you want to get on your soap-box and pretend to be righteous does not change the fact that people can jeer the gesture and be anti-racism at the same time. It is your grandstanding that is divisive, not the fans who stand against a group who want to defund the police among other things.

Pot ,Kettle ,Black is you ! as usual.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
You can call the Italians cheats all you like ,

Yellow cards are part of football , I'm not the biggest football expert (lol) but i know a bit ,

If i was the Italian Manager and Italy were in the final of the WC or Euros and it was going to penalties ,

I would wanna end that period of extra time not giving a shite if they all had a Yellow card , Think about it , if you can stop the opposition with a warning , fkin take 1 for the team ,

Tactical awareness is a science in most Sports i see it weekly in Nascar etc ,

" Win within the rules "

Seems obvious to me ......

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You can call the Italians cheats all you like ,

Yellow cards are part of football , I'm not the biggest football expert (lol) but i know a bit ,

If i was the Italian Manager and Italy were in the final of the WC or Euros and it was going to penalties ,

I would wanna end that period of extra time not giving a shite if they all had a Yellow card , Think about it , if you can stop the opposition with a warning , fkin take 1 for the team ,

Tactical awareness is a science in most Sports i see it weekly in Nascar etc ,

" Win within the rules "

Tbh i don`t give a toss about football normally ,but like most other English i was enthralled at the prospect of England winning something for a change .It seems that we have pretty useless National football teams normally . I can`t wait to support England next year WC but i doubt they`ll be in the Final .
I follow a real mans sport ,Rugby Union and 2023 is the WC year for them and England usually put on a good show :).

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Tbh i don`t give a toss about football normally ,but like most other English i was enthralled at the prospect of England winning something for a change .It seems that we have pretty useless National football teams normally . I can`t wait to support England next year WC but i doubt they`ll be in the Final .
I follow a real mans sport ,Rugby Union and 2023 is the WC year for them and England usually put on a good show :).
I give up ...

Walks away smiling to himself .............

P

Percy666

Its 22 men kicking a bag of wind about- most games depend on huge elements of luck and find the obsession with football as Im getting older a bit sad. Who gives a sh** basically- I dont anyway.. as far as the BLM kneeling is concerned, politics and football shouldnt mix. The Uk is one of the most racially tolerant countries in the world, you can't police the web so if someone in mongolia is posting a monkey emoji at rashford and he cant handle it then he should come off social media as any sane person would. Disabled / black/religious / gender related abuse will always occur on these networks, surely on half a million quid a week he would have better things to do with his time than be pissing around on twitter looking for someone in nepal posting a banana pic but evidently not.

P

Percy666

Author unknown.

This is England.

''This is England:
Raheem Sterling, whose big sister would go with him to training and back every day, three buses each way, and never once complained. Raheem Sterling, who called the day he bought his mum a house ‘the best day of my life.’

This is England:
Jordan Henderson, who spent most of the first lockdown last year organising the other 19 Premiership captains to help raise money for the NHS.

This is England:
Marcus Rashford, who secured free school meals for vulnerable kids during school holidays after the government had refused to extend the programme. Marcus Rashford, who lives by the words of his mother Melanie: ‘take pride in knowing that your struggle will play the biggest role in your purpose.’

This is England:
Mason Mount, who gave the shirt he’d worn in the semi-final victory over Denmark to a 10-year-old girl called Belle in the crowd, and in doing her made her smile a smile so incandescent it could melt the Siberian permafrost.

This is England:
Tyrone Mings, who spent part of his childhood in a homeless shelter, who played non-league football while working as a barman and mortgage advisor, and who tells kids at the coaching camps he runs that the game is nothing unless they enjoy it. Tyrone Mings, who was taunted with monkey chants on his England debut against Bulgaria and didn’t pretend he hadn’t heard, who turned to the assistant referee and said, firmly but without aggression, ‘did you hear that?’ As in: we’ve got a problem here, you’re part of the officiating team, so this is your problem too and I’m not going to let you duck it, because though this was the most important match of his life there were some things which were more important still than that.

This is England:
Luke Shaw, who when playing for Southampton watched Liverpool players file unseeingly past two small boys waiting for their autographs, and who went over and said ‘I know I don’t play for your team, but will I do?’ and posed for a photo with them which they will never forget.

This is England:
Declan Rice, who would play cage football in New Malden every day after school and all day on Saturdays, not because he was the best but because he wasn’t.

This is England:
Bukayo Saka, who got As and A*s in his GCSEs because his parents insisted that he work as hard inside the classroom as he did on the pitch. Bukayo Saka, whose Christian name in Yoruba means ‘adds to happiness.’

This is England:
Kieran Trippier, who still speaks regularly to his old teachers at Woodhey High School in Bury because they looked out for him and his brothers. Kieran Trippier, who every day has cause to reflect on the truth of the inscription by the school gates: ‘where dreams may grow.’

This is England:
Kalvin Phillips, whose mum worked two jobs while his dad was in and out of prison. One of those jobs was at Harpo’s Pizzas, where you can now order the Kalvin’s Special.

This is England: Gareth Southgate, who until recently was most famous for missing a penalty he had the balls to volunteer for even though he’d never taken one before, because he knew what Teddy Roosevelt meant when he talked about the man in the arena.

These, too, are England:
an incompetent government and an ineffectual opposition; a system which rewards the venal, the vainglorious and the mendacious; tribes which assume the worst of each other and snipe over Brexit, lockdown and masks; public services creaking under the strain of decades of underfunding; kids getting stabbed and women getting attacked; morons who boo the opponents’ national anthems and shine laser pens at their goalkeepers; and so very, very much more.

These too are England, and they will still be so next week, next month and next year.

But if only for today, there is an England of Raheem Sterling and Jordan Henderson, of Marcus Rashford, of Mason Mount, of Tyrone Mings and of Luke Shaw, of Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka, of Kieran Trippier and Kalvin Phillips, of Gareth Southgate.

If only for today, this is my England. You choose yours.''

More plagiarism , do you have a view of your own on anything.. lol @ your face nappy avatar btw

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Intresting, the england job over the last few years.
El tel, glenn hoddle, sven shags anything that moves, fat sam, even fabio,
Notice anything in common about those guys?
They all got sacked for non football reasons.
Southgate, should stay out of politics
Dont forget, the prime minster intervened to get glenn hoddle sacked.
Quite right to for his comments.
I think gareth, has made some powerful enemies.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
" Win within the rules "

It is obvious but it still doesn't explain your visceral hatred for Lewis Hamilton and team Mercedes. A world-class professional athlete who you describe as a "big baby".

Why do you condone 'win within the rules in' one breath and condemn it in the next?

SamBally

Reaction score
The so-called ‘msm’ reported earlier today that Boris Johnson had cancelled a Downing Street reception for the England team, after the team narrowly lost the European final on Sunday, in a ‘snub’ to the players.

However, it is now emerging that the event was cancelled because England’s players refused to attend, in solidarity with black team-mates because Johnson and his front bench had fanned the flames of racism towards Marcus Rashford and other black players. Several had already spoken out on social media against racist incitement by Johnson, Patel and others and the Tories siding with those who booed players for ‘taking a knee’ before each kick-off.

;)

SamBally

Reaction score
What a heart warming image, people from all sections of society showing respect to a footballer who is using his status to make the lives of those less fortunate in his community, better.

True Brits will never tolerate racism of any description, including racist abuse on a mural dedicated to a humble young player, who has given so much back to that community and has never forgotten his poverty-stricken upbringing.

Edit: Sir Marcus spearheaded a campaign that resulted in a complete government uturn. A £170m Covid winter grant scheme to feed the most vulnerable, £220m to provide extra food and activities for children in school holidays, an extra £16m to food distribution charities and an increase in value of Healthy Start vouchers. A £170m ring-fenced fund that will be distributed through councils, with at least 80% earmarked for help with food and bills.

What a fantastic achievement by someone so young and so humble and who has NEVER forgotten his roots.

Arise Sir Rashford.
45404173-9784739-image-a-22_1626198136696.jpg

Last edited:
Back