Drink culture

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Britain is known for its terrible drink culture. Why do we think that is? How do we improve things?

Britain has always been known for their consumption of an alcoholic beverage or two, whether that's after a longs day work, or at home during the weekends, or during special occasions such as Weddings or Christenings, we've always had that drinking culture as part of our DNA. It's part of that social link. So i don't think you can change the culture, unless you close pubs permanently, but then people will just consume drink at home.

Of course, there are issues with alcohol consumption, where people are drinking too much, to an extent where it becomes a problem. Like anything we consume, either drink or food, are advised to be consumed in moderation. But it's about personal choice. Only we can decide whether we control our consumption of these things, or disregard those rules and go full guns blazing.

Dolores

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Have you ever been in Russia? That's a bad drink culture:) Poland as well

Unity20

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I think the problem is that people have been manipulated in to thinking that external pleasures will bring them happiness.
Solution.. educate people about themselves and there existence.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I am British. I like a drink. Nothing wrong with that.

After having a drink I don't cause trouble with anyone.

I'm quite a solitary and shy guy. (In real life.)

On-line is a different ball game.!

Balancing that act is hard for me personally.

However I will ALWAYS speak my mind.

Back