Does this sound familiar?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Discredit you?? I was merely pointing out the stupidity of the analogy.
totally silly to try to make my point into a debate on JS and Steimers who has been proven NOT to be responsible for what he is accused of . If he was do you really think that he would now be the Opposition leader ? . You need your heads examining .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"Investigations into the horrific acts committed by Jimmy Savile began before Sir Keir Starmer took the role of DPP in 2008. A few months before he took on the role at the Crown Prosecution Service, Sussex Police launched an investigation into a possible sexual assault, but took no further action as the complainant did not wish to give evidence."

S

Saphire

"Investigations into the horrific acts committed by Jimmy Savile began before Sir Keir Starmer took the role of DPP in 2008. A few months before he took on the role at the Crown Prosecution Service, Sussex Police launched an investigation into a possible sexual assault, but took no further action as the complainant did not wish to give evidence."
You are joking surely?
It has been documented that complaints were made against Saville from the 1960s, across various police forces in the UK.
The BBC also had a catalogue of complaints made against him for decades.
The creep even bragged about it.

"As early as the 1960s, as a DJ in Manchester, Savile was cultivating close relationships with the police. In his shocking, long out-of-print 1974 autobiography As It Happens, Savile references a female officer being ‘dissuaded’ from bringing charges against him for harbouring a teenage runaway. She had done this, wrote Savile, ‘because it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me.’"

I know this thread isn't about Savile....just wanted to clear up the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You are joking surely?
It has been documented that complaints were made against Saville from the 1960s, across various police forces in the UK.
The BBC also had a catalogue of complaints made against him for decades.
The creep even bragged about it.

"As early as the 1960s, as a DJ in Manchester, Savile was cultivating close relationships with the police. In his shocking, long out-of-print 1974 autobiography As It Happens, Savile references a female officer being ‘dissuaded’ from bringing charges against him for harbouring a teenage runaway. She had done this, wrote Savile, ‘because it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me.’"

I know this thread isn't about Savile....just wanted to clear up the confusion.
I never wrote that as you can see. It`s what was written by clever people who know more than i do .However it does appear that nobody who could /should have taken action long before Starma was given his position so how did Starma get the blame ?.
After the 1960`a we had bloody years of Maggie ...nothing was done under her tight rein about Saville was it ?. Why not ?.I will fread it but i think Starma only had a few months of that post before he was ousted so not that much to blame him for plus what i have written before . Yu are suggesting that the leader of the opposition in Government now was elected in by his own party if he had been guilty of such a bad reputation ?.
I think someone is spreading foul rumours in order to discredit the Labour Party and the idiots who now form the Tory "Red Wall" along with that grinning ape in charge can do what they want to who they want.

S

Saphire

I never wrote that as you can see. It`s what was written by clever people who know more than i do .However it does appear that nobody who could /should have taken action long before Starma was given his position so how did Starma get the blame ?.
After the 1960`a we had bloody years of Maggie ...nothing was done under her tight rein about Saville was it ?. Why not ?.I will fread it but i think Starma only had a few months of that post before he was ousted so not that much to blame him for plus what i have written before . Yu are suggesting that the leader of the opposition in Government now was elected in by his own party if he had been guilty of such a bad reputation ?.
I think someone is spreading foul rumours in order to discredit the Labour Party and the idiots who now form the Tory "Red Wall" along with that grinning ape in charge can do what they want to who they want.
I never suggested you wrote that. It came from an article written about Savile, and quoted the words Savile had written himself in his own autobiography.

The point I was making is Starmer has said on many occassions Boris should KNOW what the people who work for him are doing.
So by the same principle, Starmer should have known about the cases the CPS were not pursuing, especially very high profile cases, when he was head of the CPS.
He was appointed in 2008...Savile was investigated by the CPS in 2009.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I never suggested you wrote that. It came from an article written about Savile, and quoted the words Savile had written himself in his own autobiography.

The point I was making is Starmer has said on many occassions Boris should KNOW what the people who work for him are doing.
So by the same principle, Starmer should have known about the cases the CPS were not pursuing, especially very high profile cases, when he was head of the CPS.
What year did the Tories regain power? They`ve had 10years of austerity prior to Boris yes?According to my estimates,add 2 years for Boris and they`v been in power since 2009/2010 ? which didn`t give Starmer much time to show if he would have done anything about JS when he only had office for about 1 year eh ?. When did JS die btw ? ohh 2011 . Was Labour in office then ?.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

You actually Believe that Sir Kier Starmer would have not done anything about Savile? That shows what kind of person YOU are.

Kier had no chance to do it, at least not correctly.

To bring a case like that and succeed... takes time and preparation.

S

Saphire

What year did the Tories regain power? They`ve had 10years of austerity prior to Boris yes?According to my estimates,add 2 years for Boris and they`v been in power since 2009/2010 ? which didn`t give Starmer much time to show if he would have done anything about JS when he only had office for about 1 year eh ?. When did JS die btw ? ohh 2011 . Was Labour in office then ?.
It's not about Labour v Cons.
It's about one mans hypocritical viewpoint in expecting one man to know everything his 'staff' get up too, whilst obviously not applying the same dictate to himself.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
It's about one mans hypocritical viewpoint in expecting one man to know everything his 'staff' get up too, whilst obviously not applying the same dictate to himself.
Do YOU apply dictates to YOURSELF?. I hope you do.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You mean to say he really had no idea that his "staff" were having parties in his back garden while he was busily working away in the atttik ? lolol really ! hahaa. he even walked amongst them a lot of the time ,but (of course) they were "working ,in his office extension with bottles of booze and sandwiches .:).

Do you really think that if everyone knew about Starmer NOT asking for JS to be prosecuted the whole Labour movement would have chosen Starmer to be their leader over Corbyn? Suggesting that the Labour movement preferred a Notorious Paedophile to a (maybe ) Communist to lead Labour into a General Election?.

Last edited:
S

Saphire

You mean to say he really had no idea that his "staff" were having parties in his back garden while he was busily working away in the atttik ? lolol really ! hahaa. he even walked amongst them a lot of the time ,but (of course) they were "working ,in his office extension with bottles of booze and sandwiches .:).

Do you really think that if everyone knew about Starmer NOT asking for JS to be prosecuted the whole Labour movement would have chosen Starmer to be their leader over Corbyn? Suggesting that the Labour movement preferred a Notorious Paedophile to a (maybe ) Communist to lead Labour into a General Election?.
Are you saying you think Starmer has been called a paedophile?
If so....where?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Are you saying you think Starmer has been called a paedophile?
If so....where?
Forget it . I can`t be arsed to continue with this silly debate . As far as i`m concerned Starmer must have been right for the job as Labour Leader else he wouldn`t have been chosen over Corbyn.

S

Saphire

Forget it . I can`t be arsed to continue with this silly debate . As far as i`m concerned Starmer must have been right for the job as Labour Leader else he wouldn`t have been chosen over Corbyn.

You have a bad habit of twisting or misreading what people have written, so I think you are right to forget it.

S

Saphire

Are you one of the Red Wall Tories then ?
I have been a Labour supporter all my life, till Corbyn and now Starmer.
Never voted Tory...so best go back to the drawing board. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have been a Labour supporter all my life, till Corbyn and now Starmer.
Never voted Tory...so best go back to the drawing board. ;)
It was Labour supporters who put an overwhealming Tory majority in power this time ( after 10 years of Austerity !) so don`t boast too much about being a "Labour" supporter all your life .

Back