Does this sound familiar?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The first cars to have Seat belts were made back in the 1960`s. There were plans to make wearing them Law but it wasn`t until 1983 that the Seatbelt Laws were passed.

Does anyone remember the stink kicked up by people who didn`t like being made to wear a seat belt ? Does this ring a bell ?:).

Were they called “antiseatbelt users" ? There were plenty opposed to wearing seatbelts and many just ignored the Laws ( and still do !).

Reasons not to wear a seat belt varied but one was that in some instances you could be trapped in the belt after an accident . This did happen in fact but ,just like the people who have died from a Vaccine jab,it was a very small minority.

The arguments about seat belts saving lives ,again ,are similar to Covid Vaccine jabs deaths. Seat belts can`t save all crash victims,even with the added help of Airbags .A serious accident will have fatalities.(note Dianna) Similar with the Vaccines?.
Covid Vaccine can`t guarantee protection from the Virus but nor could Seat belts guarantee protection in an accident .

I thought at the Seat belt time though that there was one serious flaw with the Humans who used seat belts . Without seat belts most drivers drove at a sensible speed to avoid being seriously injured in an accident . Once you get/got locked into a seat belt though drivers increased their speed with the thought ( not knowledge!) that the seatbelt made them safe to drive at speed.

S

Saphire

Remember the BBC's favourite son ,heading the campaign to get people to 'Clunk, click, every trip'?:mad:

S

Saphire

He has a reputation to protect dontcha know. Though why he thinks it’s worth protecting is beyond me. :D
He laughed at the PM when he said he wasn't aware of the parties at No10...even though Boris wasn't in attendance, (allegedly)
Starmer said as PM, he should know everything that's going on.

So...as head of the CPS when Saville was under investigation, the same rule should surely apply??

S

Saphire

How very dare you insinuate such a thing? I’m quite sure he didn’t know, the brown envelope ensured as much. Lol
I just think, that by his own definition of the top man always knowing what his staff are up to, that logic should also apply to him. ;)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do not compare the jabs to seat belts. That’s a very stupid analogy.
A seat belt can be removed if faulty. If faulty at manufacture the vehicle would be recalled, preventing further harm. If a faulty seat belt is proven to have caused injury, the manufacturer will be liable.
In your haste to discredit me you have completely missed the point . Most likely a deliberate action your part.
My point is that just as now with Covid vaccine and protests ,when Seat belt wearing was made compulsary there were protests of "freedom of choice " .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
And Saville was known nationally, friend of PM.s, royalty, and everyone who was anyone, top hardly a case that could slip by unnoticed.
Including all the Angels who helped him out at the various Hospitals ! They made sure he was never short of a victim . I bet we clapped them then too ?.

Back