• yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • no

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
" I have a personal belief that there is no largest object (universe, etc), and there is no smallest object (quark, etc), but it is an infinite search of depth."
"I don't believe the universe is infinite, in other words."
Slightly confusing...

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Nope!

Still a load of f.ucking rubbish.

opening eyes 2.gif

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
" I have a personal belief that there is no largest object (universe, etc), and there is no smallest object (quark, etc), but it is an infinite search of depth."
"I don't believe the universe is infinite, in other words."
Slightly confusing...
Well, infinite means it goes on forever. But if that was the case, there couldn't be multiple universes, eh, as they'd all be infinite, never being able to reach the edge of one as such.

Also, there'd be no possibility for a cluster of universes, as the universe would be infinite, which I believe it isn't. I believe there may be many, and they are of a finite size and age.

ruthless

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Suprised this didnt have more traction. I`m agnostic but I tend to cross my fingers a lot when im being nawty. Does that count?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well, infinite means it goes on forever. But if that was the case, there couldn't be multiple universes, eh, as they'd all be infinite, never being able to reach the edge of one as such.

Also, there'd be no possibility for a cluster of universes, as the universe would be infinite, which I believe it isn't. I believe there may be many, and they are of a finite size and age.

People forget to eqaute the fact that "Infinite" means something is not finite.
Which means we cannot measure it.
So your principle that everything is infinite is correct from the largest universe to the smallest sub atomic partical.
Just because we cant measure it, does not mean it does not exist.
Thats quantum theory, Schrodingers cat etc.
That anything we can measure changes reality simply because we observe it.

When we change our perception of reality, usually through technology being able to percieve things we could not through most of history, our reality changes.
For example, when microscopes allowed us to see that blood was actually a collection of cells with a purpose.
When telescopes allowed us to see what other planets looked like and how different they were from ours.
Our reality shifted.
Everything was both bigger and smaller than we percieved it before.

Isn't faith a belief in something greater than ourselves?

Perhaps we should reconsider what faith is, perhaps it is simply a search for truth without evidence, yet.

God may or may not exist, we don't know, the same way there could be a breakthrough in genetics or physical sciences tomorrow, so could a saviour be brought amongst us.

Life is a mystery for which we have no answers, only hope.
For me, Hope is inifinite, yet it is tinged with despair.
Is that not the Human condition ?
To strive for truth, but despair because we cannot yet find it.

Back