Do you argue more on forums than you do in your real life?

Cera

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I don't argue. I win

You do not have to argue. Just make people feel, something.

S

Saphire

Saphire I`d love to argue with you in real life. We can practise here 1st
OK, I don't have a problem with online arguments, or heated debates as Mrs Merton preferred to call them. ;)
I prefer to keep them insult free, so they don't disintegrate into childish name-calling...other than that, start one. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't see the point in arguing in a forum, no one's going to change their view are they, so why bother? Unless you can turn it into a pastime, some form of entertainment, which is fair enough. As for disagreement's in real life, I try to avoid them because i'm not one for confrontation.
Just believing i'm in the right is enough for me. :)

C

ChasingRubies

I would say I'm pretty much the same in real life as I am online, I don't like liars, deceivers or morons, so if you're any of these then I will tell you what I think, much like in real life. Although I tend to argue less IRL because I don't surround myself with those types of people,I cut them off. In general I'm a lover not a fighter and I have friends and family who think I'm totally amazing so that's all that really matters :D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Real life meaning...not a life lived on the internet.
This can be a great way for people to express their frustrations and annoyances in life. It's a bit more difficult to do in real life because i don't think people want to hear about it lol. But everyone has their pet peeves in life. As for arguing, life's as difficult as it is without picking arguments with people. Sure, there may be disagreements, and i don't expect everyone to agree with everything i say, but i don't see the need to argue with others over it. If I'm really annoyed with someone, and just can't stand them, then I'll just use the block function, which works rather well on here.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Judging by the thread, the people posting in it were referring to 'opposing points of view'.

I dont' see 'degree of fact' being mentioned anywhere, reason for which I turned the term 'argument' into 'confrontation.
It seemed to be more apt to what the thread was about.

Confrontation is the act of challenging.

At first, I wanted to use the term 'disinterested' , but it means the same as 'unbiased', so then I thought about changing it to 'uninterested' which seemed pointless given the fact I was giving 'advice'.

Why not just spend all day here correcting my/our use of the English language - it seems I/we're all in great need of it (lol).
*Fact
*Confrontation
*Disinterested

I selected these words because you are obviously either misinterpreting, or misusing them in the correct context.
If I was inclined to do so, I would establish a much-needed online correspondence course in basic English.
However, I feel that my words are vastly ignored by the hardcore, uneducated ignoramuses that seem to populate both the chatrooms AND the Forum.
Are you now going to turn this thread into an 'argument'?
:eek:

Cera

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
*Fact
*Confrontation
*Disinterested

I selected these words because you are obviously either misinterpreting, or misusing them in the correct context.
If I was inclined to do so, I would establish a much-needed online correspondence course in basic English.
However, I feel that my words are vastly ignored by the hardcore, uneducated ignoramuses that seem to populate both the chatrooms AND the Forum.
Are you now going to turn this thread into an 'argument'?
Generic ZzZ

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I have no arguments with ANYONE on the Globe.!

I have several Debates now and again.

Arguing solves nothing.

Cera

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Stop frothing WickedPerdition you toasted teacake. My account has obviously been hacked which is more important than your butthurt E feelings.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Stop frothing WickedPerdition you toasted teacake. My account has obviously been hacked which is more important than your butthurt E feelings.
It's the closest emoji available to how you have made me feel.
I'm crying a river here.

Hey, the teacake analogy was novel. I'll watch the next one being toasted for any effervescence.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't argue. I win

You do not have to argue. Just make people feel, something.

Therein lies the problem.

Is it not much better to simply supply facts and evidence, explain why you have certain views, accept that most poeple have a point to make and accept that into your debate?

If you think your always right, your an asshole, thats simple.

If your willing to listen and learn, then surely that gives more credence to any debate you later make taking others opinions into account?

The arrogance of saying "I dont argue, I win" means you dont understand the subject your talking about, nor need to, you simply wish to win by any means.

As a short term goal, that is a simple dopamine hit, long term it is pointless and self destructive, that is why the political system we have todays is fecked.

Politicians today dont want to think, they just want to win.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If you think your always right, your an asshole, thats simple

I know a few a**h**** who use this Forum in a gang type of manner ! Check the "puzzled " thread and look at how many it takes to create a set of lies and disguise them as "questions" which i won`t answer ! lol. Silly nits.

Cera

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem.

Is it not much better to simply supply facts and evidence, explain why you have certain views, accept that most poeple have a point to make and accept that into your debate?

If you think your always right, your an asshole, thats simple.

If your willing to listen and learn, then surely that gives more credence to any debate you later make taking others opinions into account?

The arrogance of saying "I dont argue, I win" means you dont understand the subject your talking about, nor need to, you simply wish to win by any means.

As a short term goal, that is a simple dopamine hit, long term it is pointless and self destructive, that is why the political system we have todays is fecked.

Politicians today dont want to think, they just want to win.
I am quite content being an asshole. There are far worse things to be.

Right and wrong like everything else is subjective. What you may deem as truth others will view as a lie.

To quote a Burmese soul I once had the good fortune to meet " I am not telling you what to do and how to conduct yourself. I'm telling you what I do " ..

S

Saphire

I know a few a**h**** who use this Forum in a gang type of manner ! Check the "puzzled " thread and look at how many it takes to create a set of lies and disguise them as "questions" which i won`t answer !
This thread has nothing to do with 'gangs', it's simply questioning whether you argue more on forums than you do in your real life.
Hopefully, for your own sanity, the answer in your case will be 'Yes'.:)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This thread has nothing to do with 'gangs', it's simply questioning whether you argue more on forums than you do in your real life.
Hopefully, for your own sanity, the answer in your case will be 'Yes'.:)

If i argue ,whether on here or real life ,then it`s to get my point across to those who try to suppress it .

S

Saphire

If i argue ,whether on here or real life ,then it`s to get my point across to those who try to suppress it .
Getting your point across is good, arguing, constantly repeating, and obsessing about a certain point...not so much.

Sometimes, no matter how much you try, your point won't be accepted...so what? We all have different opinions, trying to browbeat others by insisting your point is right and theirs is wrong, that's just being argumentative.

S

Saphire

Groundhog day.

Can I just point out, that most posters on the forum (I have no idea about what goes on in the chatrooms) have no knowledge or even interest in what happened years ago between two posters who obviously dont get on.

Bringing it up in various threads is boring.

Back