Dirty likes

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Have you every considered the likes you get? Ever thought one made you feel slightly used ? Or has one made you actually question the mental health of the person giving it you? I know I have far more likes than is reasonably acceptable. Tell of your fears of like abuse.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Have you every considered the likes you get? Ever thought one made you feel slightly used ? Or has one made you actually question the mental health of the person giving it you? I know I have far more likes than is reasonably acceptable. Tell of your fears of like abuse.

My opinion is that they are a pointless exercise and are misused and given out too liberally. They should be stopped.
It might help contributors to be less sycophantic.

Nikita

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The heart is the seat of motivation, if you like something don't be afraid to say . If the option is there to use ....one has a choice , if a genuine one , then great ! If an ulterior motive is in play, well it's a choice we make to be here or not . Life exists outside the box :)

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Sounds like my fears could be unfounded in this instance then, do not feel undervalued if I do not like any of your helpful comments, it just might come across as a bit tainted taking into account the start of the thread. But likes and thanks to all!

S

Steven56

Likes are a way of saying yes I hear, understand, feel the way your feeling. Always nice to feel have support, that like you receive may be a simple little gesture but can mean a lot to someone. Nice to be important but it's more important to be nice. I'm very sentimental for guy, not ashamed either of being so. Helping someone is not a handout it's a hand up.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
On reading further comments to this thread, I fear that we really DO have an obsequious chat culture. I'm not here to be liked, I'm here to make a point. If you don't agree with it, say so, but please give a reason why you don't. That's called debate/discussion; the ultimate purpose of the Forum.
:rolleyes:

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
On reading further comments to this thread, I fear that we really DO have an obsequious chat culture. I'm not here to be liked, I'm here to make a point. If you don't agree with it, say so, but please give a reason why you don't. That's called debate/discussion; the ultimate purpose of the Forum.
I totally agree you are here to make a point! Yes a forum is a place for debate but it is also a place for discussing points of public interest, if the public are interested in discussing things on a level far lower than you would like ,I humbly apologise.

Nikita

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Likes are a way of saying yes I hear, understand, feel the way your feeling. Always nice to feel have support, that like you receive may be a simple little gesture but can mean a lot to someone. Nice to be important but it's more important to be nice. I'm very sentimental for guy, not ashamed either of being so. Helping someone is not a handout it's a hand up.

That's right Steven ....:cool:

Nikita

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Sounds like my fears could be unfounded in this instance then, do not feel undervalued if I do not like any of your helpful comments, it just might come across as a bit tainted taking into account the start of the thread. But likes and thanks to all!

Fear not, be yourself and embrace life. Everyone has a different perspective on matters, what I may consider admirable may be undesirable to another. Variety is the spice of life ... enjoy the chat and forum says chat initiate .

Nikita

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'd prefer a cake, rather than a 'like'. Cakes are never sinister!
I'll bake you one, what kind? I'm an excellent cook / baker if i dare so say myself lol

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

You make me laugh, so for that I thank you.

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ok, you'll get cake also :D
You're just trying to get me to break and give you a like on this thread. Lol what's your best cake,would like to know what I'm going to be sacrificing my principles for .:)

Back