Chatter-friend or what ?

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hells, I have always found you a pleasant chatter and interesting, (although as you know I do not chat in pm only in the main room), however, I do think that perhaps you take chat a little too seriously at times. I have also observed that the male chatters tend to get a lot more ribbing than the female chatters, however, you can always use your block function if it gets too much? Just remember, in chat you cannot see facial expressions and sometimes, a remark made can make you respond in a way that was not intended. When this situation happens I tend not to respond, maybe you should do the same. Anyway, take care. :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Such a pity that the sensible chatters from any of the rooms feel disinclined to make some sort of reply. Hence the Forums have to be used as a playground for the few "comedians" from the site :).

Now to me that comment was not needed , that's going bring you more aggro,
I found that ppl who throw nasty comment are not worth answering, as the mod's say use the block .
As to your chat friend maybe they do see both side of the issue and stay sitting on fence because they cant deal with confrontation ..
not everyone can and find it easier to not answer or join in .
Be the bigger man here and use the block and walk away from it unless give yourself a stroke .

L

Lancashire

I have a dilemma .Can anyone recognise this or am i unique ?.

I have a chat-friend who has some of the same chat-enemies as i do . We see Eye to Eye on that but i find that one of my chat-enemies is also a chat-friend with my chat-friend ,if you can follow that The chat-enemy throws much name calling and nastiness my way in the chat rooms ( may i add without any reason or provocation) but my chat-friend ,who must see this ,just says nothing .When i asked the chat-friend if they agreed with the chat-enemy they just say " well he /she is ok with me " . Presumably the chat-friend must be scared to back me at all or prefer to chat with this chat-enemy ?. As an added point this chat-enemy used to be a good chat-friend but suddenly ,without warning ,turned around and started to hurl rude remarks at me. I also have the same chat-enemies as they do ! which is strange eh?.

My dilemma is ,should i tell the chat-friend that we need to help each other out or not support against the common chat-enemies or say nothing and move to other chat-friends .

Any comments welcome .

You would assume, that out of respect for your mutual chat-friend, the chat-enemy would not abuse you while the chat-friend is present as it puts the chat-friend in an uncomfortable and awkward position that you quite rightly point out in your post, and in my opinion, it also demonstrates that the chat-enemy actually has no respect at all for your mutual friend.

Or alternatively, the chat-friend is not as close to you as you thought, I think most of us have experienced this (in the online world) and it is one of the reasons why cynicism is so prevalent in the online world. We assume we know someone and when actually we don't and people we like and trust turn out to be backstabbing so and so's but if we have invested time and effort into nurturing that relationship it can be rather frustrating and if you like, even hurtful at times.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Such a pity that the sensible chatters from any of the rooms feel disinclined to make some sort of reply. Hence the Forums have to be used as a playground for the few "comedians" from the site :).
I have always thought of myself as a "sensible chatter" as you put it hence my reply to you, so i take umbrage to your reply...i know that i won't be bothering to make anymore replies to anything you put on here...would hate to be seen as a "non sensible chatter!" :eek:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have always thought of myself as a "sensible chatter" as you put it hence my reply to you, so i take umbrage to your reply...i know that i won't be bothering to make anymore replies to anything you put on here...would hate to be seen as a "non sensible chatter!" :eek:
So ...i`m not the only one on this site who takes chat "too seriously"?? It seems that maybe others who advise me to block or treat the chat as nothing should try doing it themselves eh ?.
I think ,yaris ,that if you read what i wrote slowly, you may find that it was not a "reply" to yourself but just a general comment which all those who turn the Forum threads into a playground know who they are .I don`t need to mention any names .

Tinkerbelle

❤️chat b1tch❤️
Reaction score
So ...i`m not the only one on this site who takes chat "too seriously"?? It seems that maybe others who advise me to block or treat the chat as nothing should try doing it themselves eh ?.
I think ,yaris ,that if you read what i wrote slowly, you may find that it was not a "reply" to yourself but just a general comment which all those who turn the Forum threads into a playground know who they are .I don`t need to mention any names .
Do u ever get bored of whining on ?

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I know it was a general comment, but one that was in my opinion badly put...i can assure you that i do not take chatting on this or any other site seriously, for me, it's a break from the crap that is going on in my world and the world in general...loosen up Hells, that's my advice :)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hells, there isn't a popularity contest on here, you either get on with chatters or you don't, and if you don't?, well that's just life, it's the same in the big wide world too....

Last edited:
Back