Broken Britain.

Q

quietfem

countries in the past building there commonweaths for more power and riches even in the name of religion coused racism as 'were all jock thamsons bairns just meaning were all of the human race'its out of control and never stop.

B

Bad_Influence

countries in the past building there commonweaths for more power and riches even in the name of religion coused racism as 'were all jock thamsons bairns just meaning were all of the human race'its out of control and never stop.

Religion is just one cause but certainly a large one. The truth is that social diversity has been proven over hundreds of years to only cause friction. It always has and always will.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

I don't see religion as an entirely bad thing though, although religion has been the cause of many wars. But what religion has brought to the table, especially during those times when slave masters and slavers existed, was that slaves were given a choice between choosing to convert and join a religion, or continue to be owned as a slave. I know which one i would have picked if i was around in that time.

I think religion also serves as a basis of a social construct. A society built around love and respect for others, the institution of marriage and marrying whoever you want if you want to, the family unit and working on a stronger unit as time passes. There are many building blocks that i think creates a better society. So i think religion does play its part in a positive way, but has also been a negative in terms of war and destruction.

Every country has a history. Both good and bad. In terms of racism and slavery, we've come along way. One great thing about the British Empire was that they helped eventually abolish slavery. The world was a very different place during those times. Countries around the world practicing some of the worst inhumane practices. That's something positive about the gradual development of Western Civilisation and colonialism. It became more humane.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Was the umbrella open at the time Mario asking for a fwend

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I`m not sure where it appeared now but just what does "Conservatism" mean in reality ? The term must go back much earlier than WW1 or doesn`t it ?.Exactly what are we supposed to "Conserve" ?.

B

Bad_Influence

Try Googling ‘conservative’. Feck all to do with conserving anything. :rolleyes:

Back