Bottom of the pile ..........

L

lucylockett

How you deal with something you don’t really know what it is, how do you deal with something the whole world has never experienced before? 100 years ago was a pandemic but it was very different world the n.

I don’t think it is time to be questioning and judging anything, it is not even close up being over. It is not appropriate to start a finger pointing the blame game .

When the time is right for the whole world to look at this there will be questions to answer and things to learn from what was done right and what was done very wrong.

questions like ;

• where did it start?
  • When did it start? ( probably much sooner when we thought and the infection world wide much much sooner than anyone realised
  • Was the whole world actually very complacent to the risk of a pandemic? We have been talking for decades of possibly of such a event but were we even ready or planned for such a worldwide changing horrific pandemic. Did we think in our world of superiority it would never happen?
poco : Would you eat , Pate ,Branston Picle and Crisps on a Toastie ?

no no no no no

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What a load of bollocks! Why not come with me into work and actually see all the people fighting for their lives and dying. I’ve had family members die, friends and a colleague at work. It’s very real and can’t be underestimated of it’s deadliness.

To stop this virus is by stopping the spread and the more people go out there more is will spread and the longer it will effect everyone’s lives. It’s not the government that is controlling and limiting our lives ... it’s actually Covid19 in control .

Try reading about the flu pandemics in 1918, read about what happened when it had a second wave! Nobody wants to be in this situation but to saves lives we have to act responsible and reduce contact.

I didn't say it wasn't real, or that people aren't dying. I praise the NHS, the workers and staff who run it. In fact, i meant our government and experts, how they've handled the situation. There will be questions after this is all over whether it was necessary to lock down the entire country.
I don't think there's anything wrong in questioning the methods of the government and experts, especially since we've been in this lock down for months, and still the numbers are increasing? Something's not right here.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
""Nobody wants to be in this situation but to saves lives we have to act responsible and reduce contact.""

Well we did that and became European leader. Do you really think it could not have been done better?
I know that hindsight is a questionable exercise but...the German Health Minister had a very potent opinion.

The truth is, after all this is all over, and the numbers are still increasing during lock down, whether or not our methods in dealing with the pandemic was the correct approach. I don't think there's anything wrong in critical thinking and analysing the situation. I'm sure many people will be questioning the methods the government and experts have taken.

M

Markie

We really just need to slow down, lock down clearly points to this

View attachment 1842

Unfortunately the way the world works globally and financially its not possible to slow down Poco

Otherwise everything would collapse, think about it, we are on the road to destruction and theres really nothing we can do about it.

Resources are limited and science can't pull us out the sh** all the time, things have to come to an end.

Terrible times are ahead, trust me.

I agree about the seagulls etc, people always on about killing this and culling that when we are

the problem on this planet, not them!

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Unfortunately the way the world works globally and financially its not possible to slow down Poco

Otherwise everything would collapse, think about it, we are on the road to destruction and theres really nothing we can do about it.

Resources are limited and science can't pull us out the sh** all the time, things have to come to an end.

Terrible times are ahead, trust me.

You're spot on Markie. You don't just lock down billions in their homes, and then expect normalcy to resume after you reopen. And then there are talks of phase 2, perhaps 3? It could be an endless cycle of lock downs. I talked about the psychological aspect of it in another thread too. We've been practising social distancing and staying away from family and friends. This isn't going away anytime soon.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
I got asked to leave a pub once cause off a bleeding seagull.
I ordered chicken breast and chips at a nice harbourside bar here.
The waiter brought my food, and im not kidding, in about 3 seconds, this gigantic, gull swooped down, and flew off with my chicken.
He had also knocked my chips on the floor, and i had mayonese and lettuce allover my lap.
Oiiii ive got to the waiter, no way to speak to someone, i know, but put yourself in my shoes here. you just watched a 9 quid chicken leg fly away
Whats the problem sir he said?
Well i said, you did hear that squawking, cutlery flying, and me swearing, about 3 seconds after i brought my meal i said?
Come with me he said please sir, he took me to this sign which said the management arent responsible for food eaten at outside tables.
What does that sign say he said?
It was really big to be fair to him.
It says sheffield 45 miles i said, i wanted a bigger row, but some tourists were staring at my shorts, dont worry its mayonese i said, a seagulls just stolen my chicken, they just looked the other way, i sensed they didnt want to get into a convo about it.
Left red faced.
are we expected to believe this lol your nic says billyliar

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately ............

I fell asleep after that much ;)

Bla Bla bla bla ......

How meaty are the Gulls by your way o_O

Got any jokes ya melt ?

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We KNEW that mining stuff to death would make it run out; we KNEW that invading countries would make their leaders pissed off and get fighty; we KNEW fish didn't like eating plastic; we KNEW burning crap and letting the smoke meander into the environment would make holes in the sky; we KNEW this pandemic was due (see Devi Sridhar)... we cracked on regardless. We've been wearing the world and ourselves out for too long now and I fear it is already too late to undo it all.
I just hope that after all this, the attitude I previously thought a bit namby-pamby will prevail... we will stop hammering people for ultimate productivity and we will stop wanting and demanding disproportionately. We can wait an hour for someone to answer an email before assuming they have ignored us. We can slow down a bit. We can get rid of targets. I fear not, though and after all this sensitivity towards and careful treatment of those working their arses off through all this, I suspect we will go back to complaining and taking everything for granted again.

And Barry the seagull, who waits incessantly on a telephone pole here for us to throw leftovers over the fence, is a massive pain in the arse. He is terrifying and there is NO need for him at all. Get to the beach, fat bastard, and hunt down some fish or something. Horrible thing.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I have to say i have warmed to Barry.

Barry met Sammy has a ring to it .....

I bet it's the same Gull , she's playing us o_O

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We all know that birds evolved from dinosaurs, though how the hell a bronto became a bird I will never understand. This must be quantum theory?
However, a seven pound bird. with the basic, cruel instincts of older times still in place is a serious foe for the average Jo.
Things to do at the seaside:-
1 wear a hat
2 Don't carry bags of food in the open.
3...Make sure you still have a hat.
4...in fact eat indoors,, it's safer.
5 Oh! Restaurant shut for corona..Oh well, next time bring your cat!

Back