Be sure you want what you want

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Dong, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Tandy

Tandy Guest

name one government that has not had a scandle..ffs we live in a pig stye, humanity was lost long aog, ifit ever had any. Flight or flight is what we are, cowards mostly. As a collective species man I am half empty, i see a lot of trouble coelesing. it will be messy the world over,

2. Bad_Influence

Bad_Influence Chat Legend ;)

Bring on the next ELE..... sort it once and for all. I wait in anticipation.

3. Oswestrian

Oswestrian UKChat Newbie

Seriously, please check your typos and your spelling. Coalescing.

4. Oswestrian

Oswestrian UKChat Newbie

Now I understand why you chose a clown face.

5. Bad_Influence

Well I suppose the fact that you didn’t deny that your question was stupid is a positive.

6. Dong

Dong UKChat Initiate

OK! But.....we have raised a Nation that believes that social services will always be there to keep them going.
    How will they ever learn to care for themselves?
    They have always relied upon some government or other to fund their lives.
    Time for a big change!!!

Bad_Influence likes this.
  7. Tandy

Tandy Guest

So we can expect a massive tax reduction then?

I imagine changing the social care system in that way would bung up the NHS with people needing community care that would no longer exist? Maybe make it a legal duty for family to take the responsibility like pre 1949.

We could go down the Logans Run route and euthanise everyone reaching 30, we could include all disabled, people that have incurable illness or injury and lazy sods.

Change is coming regardless of what we want, social care law has always swung like a pendulum from left to right over time. It was one of those swings that created the NHS and Social Service pillars we see today.

8. Tandy

Tandy Guest

In my defence i was drunk and stoned :D still it was better than other posts iv'e made in that state :confused:

9. Bad_Influence

I am impressed by your efforts towards banality, you really have mastered it nicely.

10. breakwake_

breakwake_ UKChat Familiar

And we all know how worthwhile it is arguing with deluded idiots don't we? I don't know everything, I don't claim to, I don't want to. The more I believe I know the more deluded I may turn out to be, as is evident. The current Government has had scandals with forcing nearly dead people to work and numerous scandals involving the NHS. But I'm sure when we all look at the Tory party we see a kind, gentle party with our best interests at heart. You'd have to be a deluded idiot not to see that. Guess we'll wait and see the outcome and when people start dying we can boast about how right we were.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  11. Bad_Influence

And you think any other party has not had scandals during this epidemic or do you choose to ignore those? Of course the governing party will get the flack for making the decisions but that’s their job. Nobody can even guess what decisions any other party would have made given the chance. One thing that is predictable though is if labour had been in charge this country would be bankrupt. They almost manage to do that each time they are in power, even without a global epidemic.
    No government is perfect, nor is any individual, mistakes are made. Again it’s so easy to sit back and rage at the decisions from your armchair while kidding yourself that you’d have done it differently/better.

12. breakwake_

breakwake_ UKChat Familiar

I'm not ignoring other scandals and I know other parties have their scandals too, which is why I believe its wrong to trust any Government and refuse to question its motives. Many Governments continue to refuse highlighting the same scandals. I don't support any party as I know about the bureaucracy behind the scenes which never changes no matter which party is in power and ultimately decides everything. Unfortunately this virus effects the whole country to a very large degree not seen in usual circumstances, making the wrong decision could result in the deaths of any number of people and ruin the economy. So do we sit back and let a Government do as it wishes because we dislike whatever another party might do? In a time like this and we're still in a "my party is better than yours" mentallity. Just let the people in charge do what they want, when something affects you and you want someone held accountable, remember that thats not why you voted for them.

13. Dong

Dong UKChat Initiate

Agree there. We have to look after ourselves and be conscious of the problems if we don't!
    There is already scientific research going on regarding after effects and... alternative infections.
    Scarring of the lungs is just one effect, there is glandular fever and Epstein Barr in the Corona equation too: and maybe more we don't know about yet.
    Only a fool will take chances: this is not over, not by a long way.
    Take care! I think it is possible to enjoy Boris's freedoms......by taking care...... you certainly don't want to catch something.

14. supercookie123

supercookie123 UKChat Expert

Jeez... people like that one fighting for our rights! We're doomed!

15. Bad_Influence

What part of 'Society in fecked' did you not get? lol

16. supercookie123

Now, now, children. It's all becoming rather heated in here. This is what I am sure I want: strawberry gin with some lemonade and 3 ice cubes in my special glass, a Lindt Lindor choccy bar (refridgerated), someone to massage my feet on the other end of the sofa and a big grey dog ready to administer unsmelly hugs on demand. It is Friday night. All is well.

17. Bad_Influence

3 ice cubes? Picky bint. :) (The rest is fine) lol

18. supercookie123

I ask for little.

19. Bad_Influence

Fair shout but the feet thing is just a step too far. You just had to take it to a level that will make normal people throw up didn't you? :D:D:D:D

20. supercookie123

Yeah.