Be sure you want what you want

T

Tandy

If the government isn't willing to follow it the rules then why should anybody else? It's all about the collective good.
name one government that has not had a scandle..ffs we live in a pig stye, humanity was lost long aog, ifit ever had any. Flight or flight is what we are, cowards mostly. As a collective species man I am half empty, i see a lot of trouble coelesing. it will be messy the world over,

B

Bad_Influence

Bring on the next ELE..... sort it once and for all. I wait in anticipation.

O

Oswestrian

name one government that has not had a scandle..ffs we live in a pig stye, humanity was lost long aog, ifit ever had any. Flight or flight is what we are, cowards mostly. As a collective species man I am half empty, i see a lot of trouble coelesing. it will be messy the world over,
Seriously, please check your typos and your spelling. Coalescing.

O

Oswestrian

That's a stupid question. Maybe for your own health, or that of your family? Ya think? MPs have died through autoerotic asphyxiation so are you going to try it too Os just because MPs have done it?

Now I understand why you chose a clown face.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The Virus just does what it does, it is here, it is global, the reason people rushed for TP is not going away. Social norm will expand in to a controlling state, fighting to keep infection balanced against hospital cpapacity. We are only seeimg the first draconion laws, wait till gov aid is pulled and the jobless cant pay their pills. Right now the social rules are out the window, the street is thinking its a done deal, either fake or less problematic. Now if like me you beleive that this is the most fruitfull of viruses then you also know things are not going to get betterl The good weather will abate/mitigate the problem but only for now. Numbers are hight after such a sunny warm perion (this should worry you), My opinon on this is that people should start taking more responsibility over their own welbeing, do not expect others to provide in a time of turmoil,
OK! But.....we have raised a Nation that believes that social services will always be there to keep them going.
How will they ever learn to care for themselves?
They have always relied upon some government or other to fund their lives.
Time for a big change!!!

T

Tandy

OK! But.....we have raised a Nation that believes that social services will always be there to keep them going.
How will they ever learn to care for themselves?
They have always relied upon some government or other to fund their lives.
Time for a big change!!!

So we can expect a massive tax reduction then?

I imagine changing the social care system in that way would bung up the NHS with people needing community care that would no longer exist? Maybe make it a legal duty for family to take the responsibility like pre 1949.

We could go down the Logans Run route and euthanise everyone reaching 30, we could include all disabled, people that have incurable illness or injury and lazy sods.

Change is coming regardless of what we want, social care law has always swung like a pendulum from left to right over time. It was one of those swings that created the NHS and Social Service pillars we see today.

Reaction score
Oh of course it's so easy to balance easing the lockdown and giving the whole of the economy a chance to recover isn't it? Financial experts say get people back working AND don't get people back working.... medical experts say ease the lockdown AND dont ease the lockdown, It's impossible to please everyone no matter who is in charge. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot or deluded, of more likely a deluded idiot.

And we all know how worthwhile it is arguing with deluded idiots don't we? I don't know everything, I don't claim to, I don't want to. The more I believe I know the more deluded I may turn out to be, as is evident. The current Government has had scandals with forcing nearly dead people to work and numerous scandals involving the NHS. But I'm sure when we all look at the Tory party we see a kind, gentle party with our best interests at heart. You'd have to be a deluded idiot not to see that. Guess we'll wait and see the outcome and when people start dying we can boast about how right we were.

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

And we all know how worthwhile it is arguing with deluded idiots don't we? I don't know everything, I don't claim to, I don't want to. The more I believe I know the more deluded I may turn out to be. The current Government has had scandals with forcing nearly dead people to work and numerous scandals involving the NHS. But I'm sure when we all look at the Tory party we see a kind, gentle party with our best interests at heart. You'd have to be a deluded idiot not to see that.

And you think any other party has not had scandals during this epidemic or do you choose to ignore those? Of course the governing party will get the flack for making the decisions but that’s their job. Nobody can even guess what decisions any other party would have made given the chance. One thing that is predictable though is if labour had been in charge this country would be bankrupt. They almost manage to do that each time they are in power, even without a global epidemic.
No government is perfect, nor is any individual, mistakes are made. Again it’s so easy to sit back and rage at the decisions from your armchair while kidding yourself that you’d have done it differently/better.

Reaction score
And you think any other party has not had scandals during this epidemic or do you choose to ignore those? Of course the governing party will get the flack for making the decisions but that’s their job. Nobody can even guess what decisions any other party would have made given the chance. One thing that is predictable though is if labour had been in charge this country would be bankrupt. They almost manage to do that each time they are in power, even without a global epidemic.
No government is perfect, nor is any individual, mistakes are made. Again it’s so easy to sit back and rage at the decisions from your armchair while kidding yourself that you’d have done it differently/better.

I'm not ignoring other scandals and I know other parties have their scandals too, which is why I believe its wrong to trust any Government and refuse to question its motives. Many Governments continue to refuse highlighting the same scandals. I don't support any party as I know about the bureaucracy behind the scenes which never changes no matter which party is in power and ultimately decides everything. Unfortunately this virus effects the whole country to a very large degree not seen in usual circumstances, making the wrong decision could result in the deaths of any number of people and ruin the economy. So do we sit back and let a Government do as it wishes because we dislike whatever another party might do? In a time like this and we're still in a "my party is better than yours" mentallity. Just let the people in charge do what they want, when something affects you and you want someone held accountable, remember that thats not why you voted for them.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There is one thing, maybe more, we can say about Boris: we have been a tad critical on here." He was the man for the job...remember BREXIT?
He is THE frontman...the Maitre d'... the Master of Ceremonies, the Spieler, and frankly the only man to get us our Brexit. And he crushed What's his name...oh yes... Corbyn"
We must be grateful for that, forever, what ever he gets up to next.
As to his record on the Coronavirus outbreak; well. he says he is proud of it.
Who are we to argue?
I reflect upon the point that he is not yet a well man...nor is his Demon (see Sir Phillip Pullman).
Can we make allowances for those that rule us?
Agree there. We have to look after ourselves and be conscious of the problems if we don't!
There is already scientific research going on regarding after effects and... alternative infections.
Scarring of the lungs is just one effect, there is glandular fever and Epstein Barr in the Corona equation too: and maybe more we don't know about yet.
Only a fool will take chances: this is not over, not by a long way.
Take care! I think it is possible to enjoy Boris's freedoms......by taking care...... you certainly don't want to catch something.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Intresting debate on the radio today.
A student, said he was willing to catch covid and die to stand up to racism.
Totally missing the point, he could kill others, as the host pointed out.
I think this weekend will be very violent.
Jeez... people like that one fighting for our rights! We're doomed!

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Now, now, children. It's all becoming rather heated in here. This is what I am sure I want: strawberry gin with some lemonade and 3 ice cubes in my special glass, a Lindt Lindor choccy bar (refridgerated), someone to massage my feet on the other end of the sofa and a big grey dog ready to administer unsmelly hugs on demand. It is Friday night. All is well.

B

Bad_Influence

Now, now, children. It's all becoming rather heated in here. This is what I am sure I want: strawberry gin with some lemonade and 3 ice cubes in my special glass, a Lindt Lindor choccy bar (refridgerated), someone to massage my feet on the other end of the sofa and a big grey dog ready to administer unsmelly hugs on demand. It is Friday night. All is well.

3 ice cubes? Picky bint. :) (The rest is fine) lol

Back