Banned?!!!

Geordiefella4u

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Can someone please sort this on-going problem I've had inflicted on me! I rarely come to chat and it's even rarer for me to contribute (I just tend to watch the conversations roll by) but for some reason I can intermittent blocks from entering chat. I'm variously told it's for abuse or using a vpn - I hardly ever speak and I don't have a vpn!! Add to that there seems to be no help offered to respond, which is why I've resorted to this thread ...does anyone else have these issues?

T

thecakelady

It looks like several of us have been banned from the chat rooms for doing things we'd not realised we'd done. Getting a sensible response from admin never seems to happen, you just have to sit and wait out your ban ( no, they don't always tell you long your ban is for)

There are a few conspiracy theories: maybe a ban is just God's way of keeping you safely away from this iniquitous site?... or maybe the site is being taken over by aliens, pretending to be admin staff and taking over the site?... maybe the owners just want to run down the chat rooms and close down this part of the site so they can focus on their other one? .....who knows? ... or even cares? ..... I'm going back to my knitting :)

TacoTimmy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not aliens, and I can assure you there are no lizard people on the admin staff.

You haven't done anything wrong and are not directly banned.

You can't get on chat due to unavoidable and unfortunate side effects of keeping certain other people banned. We've had to throw a few babies out with the bathwater, a difficult but necessary decision.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go lick my eyeballs, they're really dry.

T

thecakelady

Thank you TacoTimmy for replying and confirming that it's not aliens. Also thanks to admin for doing their best to weed out the real troublemakers. However, please could you explain about the babies who have been thrown out of the bathwater for having done nothing wrong. Are we banned permanently or just temporarily from chat? If the bans are temporary and helpful in sorting out more serious problems, , fair enough . If permanent, then can the 'babies' get their details removed permanently from this site and close their accounts so we can move on and get a life ? ...Just asking, cos I'm a confused little old lady !

sham69

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Your account or client is banned: Due to extensive abuse by users, this provider is permanently banned. Use WiFi. (7b139cb9) Can anyone help i keep getting this message when trying to log in. To the best of my knowledge i haven't done anything untoward ( for a change ) Been getting the same message for the last 3 weeks , still no sign of me getting back into chat :(

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account or client is banned: Due to extensive abuse by users, this provider is permanently banned. Use WiFi. (7b139cb9) Can anyone help i keep getting this message when trying to log in. To the best of my knowledge i haven't done anything untoward ( for a change ) Been getting the same message for the last 3 weeks , still no sign of me getting back into chat :(
Have you tried using wi-fi to log in rather than mobile data ? The message does state that the ban is not directly against you - but in relation to your internet service provider.

sham69

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Have you tried using wi-fi to log in rather than mobile data ? The message does state that the ban is not directly against you - but in relation to your internet service provider.
I always use wi-fi thats what i can't understand

T

thecakelady

same here, I always use wifi and a laptop, not a phone

xkatx30

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I can't get in either until I get my WiFi up and sorted as just moved homes

Back