any advice for a new chatter

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
any advice for a new chatter

Be who you are.

Don't be offended when some people seem to go "To Far" in chat that's what Mods are for, what some people find offensive others find funny and irreverent. (PM's is different, never put up with sh** in PM's, report and block if needed)

Above all have fun, play with people and ideas of self identity, make fun of people, let them make fun of you.

Relax.

You get out of chat what you put in, be who you are, or at least who would like to see yourself as.

Many people have found their real life voice by being who they are in chat and it being accepted.

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Casi when someone is lying about being in a relationship with someone or lying about meeting them then I'll call them out and laugh .
Like I always say if you really , genuinely love someone , turn it into a reality . Actions speak louder than words
well, im so glad youve took it upon yourself to be the authority on chatroom etiquette, engagement and behaviours, have you ever considered writing a book on it? if so, will you be putting it amazon in the none too distant future. Asking for a friend (a female one that i wont tell you or anyone else about)

HannahGabbana

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have been told actually on many occasions id make a great writer lol!

HannahGabbana

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And btw, this might surprise you a lil but I'm a Lawyer so yes I can talk the talk , but I also walk the walk too
I took a break for a bit due to personal circumstances and a family death a few months ago , she had cancer for some time and needed help
Didn't mention it before but now I am lol

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Cats are wonderfully independent.
They use us as we use them but can survive happily on their own as can their owners.
That's why I'd rather have a dog any day.
They at least want to be part of your life.
Co-dependency as any meaningful relationship should be :)

C

CrazyCatLady

Cats are wonderfully independent.
They use us as we use them but can survive happily on their own as can their owners.
That's why I'd rather have a dog any day.
They at least want to be part of your life.
Co-dependency as any meaningful relationship should be :)
Pahahahahahaha :D I'm laughing so hard here, because you haven't met my lot! Oh dear, I can bust that myth about cats being wonderfully independent!
Mine are not so...in fact, two out of five of them suffer anxiety separation and one of them will walk around the house howling for 5 minutes after I leave, even if I so much as go to the shop. They are all in by 8pm- even though they don't get fed their meat until 9pm and will pester me until they get it. They're in a better routine than me!
Another of them will not come in the house if anyone else is looking after them- he will only come in, if he hears my voice (and he's not one of the one's with obvious separation anxiety).
We've moved several times in the past few years, with all of the cats coming with me (all are now aged between 12-14) and none of them have strayed or stayed out over night. In fact, none of them go beyond the back alley- if they're not in the garden and I happen to call them for some reason, they're back within seconds.
All of them are very affectionate and if I don't pay them attention, there's hell to pay! I've had broken mirrors and fights, after I've rejected their very wilful demand to be picked up.
Gawd! I wish mine could be independent- just for a day- but unfortunately, I have become the cliche, Ruled By My Cats, and they do indeed rule with an iron claw.

Back