Ancient technology...Baalbek..Lebanon.

Discussion in 'Science & Tech' started by Altair, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Dolores

Dolores UKChat Familiar

not to judge a book by it's cover?

Deadpool likes this.
  2. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

What do you wan't to know about Ancient Technology?

3. Bad_Influence

Bad_Influence Chat Legend ;)

So you readily admit that in your country it IS an insult? Homophobia is not allowed on this site, and nor should it be. Take your small-minded opinions and your pathetic nonsense somewhere they might be accepted you silly child.

4. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

I agree...But let's not shoot the guy down...Just yet..:)

5. Dolores

Dolores UKChat Familiar

About the Antikythera Mechanism, or the Damascus Steel ...The colossus of Rhodes...etc...Ah, not to forget - Baalbek Lebanon :)

6. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

You can get all that info by 'Googling'...Like I have done..!

The 'Stones Of Baalbek'...Aghh...That's a difficult one....( Very little is known..;At present..! )

7. Dolores

Dolores UKChat Familiar

Googling ? It's like reading the horoscope ...:) wishful thinking

Altair likes this.
  8. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

Something like that..

When you do it....You get a funny Tingling running through your spine..;)

Dolores likes this.
  9. Dolores

Dolores UKChat Familiar

As long as you're not feeling it through your brain...:)

10. Bad_Influence

Bad_Influence Chat Legend ;)

Ffs I don’t even know where to start with that load of nonsense.

11. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

After 54 Years on THIS planet...MY brain is MUSH...:D

The only thing I really feel now is....Having a good shi*t...;)

12. Dolores

Dolores UKChat Familiar

That info made me tingle :) enjoy it though

Altair likes this.
  13. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

It's not very often I make folk 'Tingle'....But I was glad to .;)

Dolores likes this.
  14. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

It's a Cubit...You uneducated Egyptian...!

15. Beatris

Beatris UKChat Newbie

I can not believe someone on here shows interest in Baalbeck! I am mpressed!
    Although the topic is ancient technologies ,,,just thought,,,recently I watched a beautiful concert called "Sound of resilience" and it was on the day of the 100th anniversary on the Baalbeck festival . The place, the sound, the story,,,mesmerizing...

16. valkyrie

valkyrie UKChat Newbie

i am interested in all things ancient as I think what we know is very little, humanity suffers from historical amnesia. What we have been taught is most likely far from the truth. Personally I think there have been many civilizations and that humanity is much older than what either the bible or any other book says. It is an ongoing debate anyway, as for the Baalbek stones and for Easter Island giant heads we do not know who made them let alone how they transported them. They dug out one of the heads and it has a massive body underneath. Elevation using sound frequencies could well have been a method of moving these stones. How little do we really know eh. The Universe is all about frequencies and energy, something we humans try to harness. Fascinating though :)

Altair likes this.
  17. Altair

Altair UKChat Familiar

1. Were WE the FIRST technological civilisation?. The Universe is 13 Billion years old...Our EARTH is 4.5 Billion years old
    2. Time enough for an Advanced Civilisation to have prospered but died out.

18. valkyrie

valkyrie UKChat Newbie

no one knows how old the Universe is, no one knows who inhabited this planet in the past. This is a mystery and I would never rule out other civilizations were here before us. Evidence is scattered around this planet ancient civilizations were here and they did things we are now debating today. Like Stonehenge, what was it really for and who put the stones there, like the large pyramid of Ghiza who built it and what was it really for as that was not a tomb. I think we know very little tbh and science is still just making an educated guess :D

Bad_Influence likes this.
  19. WickedPerdition

WickedPerdition UNABLE TO STOP BITCHING

You're hardly going far back in history giving Stonehenge and the pyramids of Giza as examples of ancient civilisations. They were constructed only about 4,500 to 5,000 years ago. Humanity dates from something like 6 million years ago, albeit that its current form, Homo Erectus, wasn't evolved until about 200,000 to 300,000 years ago, according to scientific speculation. From what I have read, you won't see any meaningful structures over 7,000 years old, which, incidentally, date from the Neolithic period.
    We can only go by physical evidence regarding what civilisations existed prior to known eras, and this is also open to speculation.
    Historians often romanticise the evolution of civilisations and how they thrived or became extinct. Even the likes of Homer and Herodotus confabulated their histories around myth, and subsequent historians have imagined what MIGHT have happened when concocting their versions of history.
    Henry Ford, the car manufacturer, rightly regarded history as bunkum, because 99% of it is simply made up, well anything over 1,000 years, in particular.
    As for the pyramids: it is generally-acknowledged that they were built by a skilled workforce, and not slaves, who were comfortably housed on the construction complex close to their workplace. So, we have a pretty good idea who built them and why.

If they were not meant to be tombs, why were the pharaohs' sarcophagi found there, buried with their treasures, and not buried elsewhere?
    I think you may be inclined to supernatural beliefs ('Stargate' probably to blame) as, of course, were the ancient Egyptians.
    If you compare the complexity of the structures of Stonehenge and the pyramids, I think you get a pretty rough idea which civilisation was the most advanced at the time.

LadyOnArooftop likes this.
  20. valkyrie

valkyrie UKChat Newbie

there is a debate how old the pyramids actually are, new evidence shows they could be well over 40 000 years old. As far as I know there was no sarcophagus in the great pyramid, but they were all in the other pyramids? Do they even know how old stonehenge is or is that also just an educated guess. This is what i mean, as Henry Ford said its all guessing so I keep an open mind. Either way I find it very interesting and despite much is being speculation it is still fascinating. If we only could go back in time.......