Ancient technology...Baalbek..Lebanon.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
So you readily admit that in your country it IS an insult? Homophobia is not allowed on this site, and nor should it be. Take your small-minded opinions and your pathetic nonsense somewhere they might be accepted you silly child.

I agree...But let's not shoot the guy down...Just yet..:)

Dolores

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What do you wan't to know about Ancient Technology?
About the Antikythera Mechanism, or the Damascus Steel ...The colossus of Rhodes...etc...Ah, not to forget - Baalbek Lebanon :)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
About the Antikythera Mechanism, or the Damascus Steel ...The colossus of Rhodes...etc...Ah, not to forget - Baalbek Lebanon :)

You can get all that info by 'Googling'...Like I have done..!

The 'Stones Of Baalbek'...Aghh...That's a difficult one....( Very little is known..;At present..! )

Dolores

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You can get all that info by 'Googling'...Like I have done..!

The 'Stones Of Baalbek'...Aghh...That's a difficult one....( Very little is known..;At present..! )

Googling ? It's like reading the horoscope ...:) wishful thinking

B

Bad_Influence

bad_infgay , after stfu
idk what is wrong with u or the demon who wearing u but sound looks like cowerd mind trying to pull admins trust
i promise u to take my balls to bra shop cuz they r so big after ur moron words
best regstfu
ur godfather mostafox :p

Ffs I don’t even know where to start with that load of nonsense.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
As long as you're not feeling it through your brain...:)

After 54 Years on THIS planet...MY brain is MUSH...:D

The only thing I really feel now is....Having a good shi*t...;)

Beatris

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I can not believe someone on here shows interest in Baalbeck! I am mpressed!
Although the topic is ancient technologies ,,,just thought,,,recently I watched a beautiful concert called "Sound of resilience" and it was on the day of the 100th anniversary on the Baalbeck festival . The place, the sound, the story,,,mesmerizing...

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
  1. Were WE the FIRST technological civilisation?. The Universe is 13 Billion years old...Our EARTH is 4.5 Billion years old
  2. Time enough for an Advanced Civilisation to have prospered but died out.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
no one knows how old the Universe is, no one knows who inhabited this planet in the past. This is a mystery and I would never rule out other civilizations were here before us. Evidence is scattered around this planet ancient civilizations were here and they did things we are now debating today. Like Stonehenge, what was it really for and who put the stones there, like the large pyramid of Ghiza who built it and what was it really for as that was not a tomb. I think we know very little tbh and science is still just making an educated guess :D

You're hardly going far back in history giving Stonehenge and the pyramids of Giza as examples of ancient civilisations. They were constructed only about 4,500 to 5,000 years ago. Humanity dates from something like 6 million years ago, albeit that its current form, Homo Erectus, wasn't evolved until about 200,000 to 300,000 years ago, according to scientific speculation. From what I have read, you won't see any meaningful structures over 7,000 years old, which, incidentally, date from the Neolithic period.
We can only go by physical evidence regarding what civilisations existed prior to known eras, and this is also open to speculation.
Historians often romanticise the evolution of civilisations and how they thrived or became extinct. Even the likes of Homer and Herodotus confabulated their histories around myth, and subsequent historians have imagined what MIGHT have happened when concocting their versions of history.
Henry Ford, the car manufacturer, rightly regarded history as bunkum, because 99% of it is simply made up, well anything over 1,000 years, in particular.
As for the pyramids: it is generally-acknowledged that they were built by a skilled workforce, and not slaves, who were comfortably housed on the construction complex close to their workplace. So, we have a pretty good idea who built them and why.

If they were not meant to be tombs, why were the pharaohs' sarcophagi found there, buried with their treasures, and not buried elsewhere?
I think you may be inclined to supernatural beliefs ('Stargate' probably to blame) as, of course, were the ancient Egyptians.
If you compare the complexity of the structures of Stonehenge and the pyramids, I think you get a pretty rough idea which civilisation was the most advanced at the time.

Reaction score
In Penwith there are a number of sites, some of which dating mback to 4500 BC. We know from whats inside tor enclosures and quiots what their purposes were. But when it comes to a fogou, built around 500 BC, noone has any idea what their purposes were, like Stonehenge. Stonehenge isn't the only stone circle, its said Tregeseal, Nine Maidens, Boscawen-ûn and Merry Maidens all stone circles in Penwith, share complex orbital sites. Unless you're shown how something works though and you have no idea how to work it, then you won't know what that something is for, no matter how old it is.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
there is a debate how old the pyramids actually are, new evidence shows they could be well over 40 000 years old. As far as I know there was no sarcophagus in the great pyramid, but they were all in the other pyramids? Do they even know how old stonehenge is or is that also just an educated guess. This is what i mean, as Henry Ford said its all guessing so I keep an open mind. Either way I find it very interesting and despite much is being speculation it is still fascinating. If we only could go back in time.......

But we DO know how old the Pyramids are!. Modern Science proves it. No question. The stone used in construction has been accurately dated to 4500 years old.

The pyramids weren't built as tombs to bury the KINGS of Egypt.. let alone the dead.

They were built so big that they could be seen from SPACE.! That was the Primary objective of building them.

Same thing with the Nazcar lines... with their depiction of Monkey's and other animals.. so large that they can only be viewed from 'Above'.!

Primitive man hoping to send a message to the star man.!

In those times the night sky was an extremely lively place to look...(These days we cant see the cosmos, as they did, because of light pollution.)

They didn't have telescopes and nothing to use technologically wise.

Poor bastards. I feel real sorry for them...They built such massive things in order to be 'Seen' from 'Space'.

What i'm intrigued about.. is where did the Pharoahs go?..Just died out?..No family there NOW?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
""But we DO know how old the Pyramids are!. Modern Science proves it. No question. The stone used in construction has been accurately dated to 4500 years old""
WoW! Did someone bake the stones in an oven 45oo years ago to build the pyramids?
Most stones were formed billions of years ago!
They have been laying around ever since! :D

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
""But we DO know how old the Pyramids are!. Modern Science proves it. No question. The stone used in construction has been accurately dated to 4500 years old""
WoW! Did someone bake the stones in an oven 45oo years ago to build the pyramids?
Most stones were formed billions of years ago!
They have been laying around ever since! :D

That's not quite how it works. !

Scientists have calculated the rate at which C14 (Carbon.) decays. By measuring how much C14 remains in a sample of organic material, we can estimate the age of the Pyramids within a range of dates.... Material from the time of the pyramids lends itself well to radiocarbon dating which equates to 4500 +- 50 years BC.

Similarly the 'Shynx' is dated to 4513BC.

That's what the science tells us.

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
My dear Altair, after examining the Pyramids and the Spinx they have concluded these building could well be over 40 000 years old. And they still have no clue how they managed to build it. What we have today is speculation just like the big bang theory they are now coming back to that as well. The whole evolution theory is falling apart - as i said it's interesting to see it all unrevel ;)

40,000 years ago humans were still only hunter gatherers then and the oldest known advanced civilization was the Mesopotamian which was around 3500BC with the first human settlements found around 9500BC in Jericho.

To create such impressive structures as the pyramids you would of needed a complex, organised and advanced civilization that passed it's craftmanship and architectural skills down for many generations. There is no evidence through excavation that an advanced civilization lived in Egypt before 5500BC only pottery and evidence of agricultural tools had been found predating that period so there was settlements but not advanced societies yet.

Nomadic hunter gatherers that only used stone and maybe copper tools to hunt and make fire would not of been able to create the pyramids 40,000 years ago. The oldest known twisted rope was dated to 28,000 years ago and the oldest pottery ever excavated was dated to around 24,000 years ago.

Reaction score
Coral Castle is an interesting one, even built only 100 years ago its said it'd be difficult to build a similiar structure with current technology. Guy that built the castle never let anyone watch him build it. Even after he moved it.

Back