Absolutely useless GP's.

S

Saphire

What the hell have they done for the last 30 months?
As far as I , and 99% of the people I know have experienced, the answer is....absolutely F all.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
As far as I , and 99% of the people I know have experienced, the answer is....absolutely F all.
For people like 'YOU'. There is NO help.

What do you expect from GP's...A Fucking miracle?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
GP's have saved MANY lives in the past and continue to do so.

What gives you the balls to say that they have 'Failed'?.

A bottle of wine? A fix...?

You are out of line.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

You are out of line.
hand clap.gif

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I doubt our little 'Sapphire' Princess is going to reply any time soon.

Unless she has the balls to do it.

After ANOTHER bottle of wine perhaps?

S

Saphire

Sadly it’s not only GP’s but a large portion of the NHS, not ALL but definitely the majority.
Patients are being passed from pillar to post, test results being lost (if the tests are performed at all), and communication seems to be a thing of the past.
GP’s have spent so long hiding behind the pandemic they seem to have forgotten how to do their job. Or maybe the fortunes they made by sticking needles into folk has meant they no longer need to work.
I could not agree more that many GP's have hidden behind the pandemic.
They have let their patients down dreadfully...the result is their patients have either been ignored, or have had to go elswhere for attention.
A and E departments have taken the workload in many cases.

W

WolfeSwitche

My partner is on blood thinning tablets. He called his GP to query his meds. He'd had no blood tests (should have been 6 monthly) and felt another DVT was forming. Asked if the other meds (the more expensive one) would be more suitable. Was told his current meds were fine.
Three days later he was admitted to hospital with a DVT. Put on the meds he asked about "against GP decision"
We have since got admission it was down to cost. It wasn't "cost efficent"

So, yes, there are GP's that fail patients but tbh the NHS and society as a whole is broken.A government that makes decisions under the influence of alcohol and a PM that breaks the rules he made.

S

Saphire

As we now know, thousands of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer diagnoses have been missed, and the blame for this lies mainly at the feet of GP’s.
This does not absolve the rest of the NHS of any blame though. As I said, they seem to have been too busy deciding on their next dance steps to keep track of many patients, or to ensure that test were sent off, and returned. I personally know of one patient who had their blood analysis results lost three (3) times. There can be no excuse for such negligence.
Personally, my complaints lie solely with the GP's.

I have not been seen by my GP in over 2 years.

Needing treatment last year, the only thing on offer was ONE telephone appointment, which I had to wait days for.
I was referred to a physio at the surgery, he agreed I needed a hospital appointment.
NO GP INVOLVMENT.

Hospital have seen me several times, arranged major surgery for last week....went ahead, went well....I have been treated by hospital Dr's, nurses, consultants and surgeon. No complaints at all.
NO GP INVOLVMENT.

Out of hospital, when strong painkillers ran out, I was advised to make arrangments with GP to renew prescription.
OH visited surgery, he was told no one could help, prescription must be ordered online.
So 2 days ago I ordered online, phoned today to see if pain killers were ready to pick up.
GP hadn't signed the release form....that's all he had to do.

At 6pm he had gone home without signing....BLOODY USELESS.

S

Saphire

But I would wager he made time in the last 2 years to collect his blood-money for jabbing folk?
Sadly you story is far from being an exception, GP’s surgeries have been empty for 2 years, both of patients and of any medical staff. It’s nothing short of shameful.
A couple of days ago when OH called into the surgery, it was completely empty save from 3 receptionists....who refused to pass any messages on, as patients now have to use the online services.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My experience of going to the doctors...
A couple of months ago I noticed a raised mole that had suddenly appeared on my shoulder. it was crusty, discoloured and itchy. Phoning the
doctors for the next available appointment, i got it - over 3 weeks away! Yes, I had to wait nearly a month to see a doctor. it soon passed... :rolleyes:
At the surgery, the waiting room had been divided up in to separate areas. All the patients sitting in our two metre square spaces, wearing mandatory masks. :rolleyes: Finally my name gets called... The doctor shows me into his consulting room. There are three medical students inside... "You don't mind do you?", he asks. "Erm no", I meekly reply. He then leaves the room to let the students have a poke about, while i'm thanking god that the mole isn't in an embarrassing place. After about 10/15 mins he comes back, this time wearing an apron, i've no idea what he's been doing... He starts prodding around my mole. I hear him say to the students " Now look, i'm not going to, but I could prise this off and there'd be nothing under it". I'm taking this to be a good sign, i'm not wrong, because a few minutes later he turns to me and tells me it's nothing to worry about, but I did the right thing in bringing it to his attention. The mole is harmless. :)
I leave the surgery and step outside feeling elated, and praising our NHS.

S

Saphire

My experience of going to the doctors...
A couple of months ago I noticed a raised mole that had suddenly appeared on my shoulder. it was crusty, discoloured and itchy. Phoning the
doctors for the next available appointment, i got it - over 3 weeks away! Yes, I had to wait nearly a month to see a doctor. it soon passed... :rolleyes:
At the surgery, the waiting room had been divided up in to separate areas. All the patients sitting in our two metre square spaces, wearing mandatory masks. :rolleyes: Finally my name gets called... The doctor shows me into his consulting room. There are three medical students inside... "You don't mind do you?", he asks. "Erm no", I meekly reply. He then leaves the room to let the students have a poke about, while i'm thanking god that the mole isn't in an embarrassing place. After about 10/15 mins he comes back, this time wearing an apron, i've no idea what he's been doing... He starts prodding around my mole. I hear him say to the students " Now look, i'm not going to, but I could prise this off and there'd be nothing under it". I'm taking this to be a good sign, i'm not wrong, because a few minutes later he turns to me and tells me it's nothing to worry about, but I did the right thing in bringing it to his attention. The mole is harmless. :)
I leave the surgery and step outside feeling elated, and praising our NHS.
Well that's a huge relief, so you did get a good service eventually, ...so well done to your GP.:)

I don't doubt that some practices are far better than others...though a 3 week wait to have something that could have been potentially cancerous, is a long time to wait.,
No doubt if you were with my practice, you would still be waiting.

My OH, who is diabetic, (and not had a checkup at the surgery for well over a year, had to go to the local hospital a few months ago.
He was surprised to see the Dr's receptionist, who had been at our Dr's for over 20 years, working there.
She said she had to leave, just couldn't stand the way the practice was now run....so God knows how the patients felt.

S

Saphire

That’s madness. What’s the point of them being there??
Sadly that’s the way it’s going now… these people don’t seem to realise they are putting themselves out of a job.
It's utter madness, and not that unusual from what I hear.

What has happened in so many cases now, practices have combined, we used to have 3 separate Dr's....around 3 years ago they combined, and it's been chaos ever since.

They can blame the pandemic, blame the vaccination programme (my surgery was boarded up for months, vaccinations were done elsewhere) blame everything but the fact that MANY GP's have either gone part-time, or just expect other NHS organisations to take on their workload....in my opinion, they have got used to not actually seeing patients, it's almost impossible to get even a telephone conversation now.

Nightsky

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

You are out of line.
She's not wrong, she's right. You can't get to see a doctor anymore, just phone calls.

S

Saphire

She's not wrong, she's right. You can't get to see a doctor anymore, just phone calls.
I don't deny that some practices are worse than others, but I speak the truth, and the vast majority of people I know say the exact same thing Nightsky.

The odd troll, who is just looking for forum attention, won't change that.

Back