A room for registered users only

J

JustinCredible

I do understand that the core principle of this site is chat without registering but surely we could have just one room for registered users only? It would be like a private and exclusive room! The constant coming and going of guests can have a destabilising effect on a room. I would suggest the Young At Heart room would be most suitable as it's mainly older people who have already registered that use that room.

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Agree 100% I find the constant PM messages from "guests" who are just on the wind up annoying.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Iagree with you about a room with out guests but not please YAH room

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
wont stop the pm's will it? I dont get why they can just join and not be guests.

crusti

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I like the idea, but how are guest ever gonna chat to decent chatters if they only really chat to mainly other guests.
We can make our own rooms, make them secret and or invite only, maybe thats the answer.
But yes alot of `guests` are out to wind up chatters without giving their regular name away (i think)

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
o got a better idea delete my profile

T

ToughType

You never know who they are like that User-Billy hes a pain

J

Jo_King

A room for Mods only? good idea there's enough of them, counted them, they're multiplying, breeding, dirty sods! right, can't stop, work calls, happy chatting.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I do understand that the core principle of this site is chat without registering but surely we could have just one room for registered users only? It would be like a private and exclusive room! The constant coming and going of guests can have a destabilising effect on a room. I would suggest the Young At Heart room would be most suitable as it's mainly older people who have already registered that use that room.

I've found that the guest feature can be exploited to freely abuse registered members. I think a members only room or implement harsher punishments for guests who come on here to abuse others. From what I've seen, It's mainly the female chatters that are targeted.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I like the idea, but how are guest ever gonna chat to decent chatters if they only really chat to mainly other guests.
We can make our own rooms, make them secret and or invite only, maybe thats the answer.
But yes alot of `guests` are out to wind up chatters without giving their regular name away (i think)

Why don't they register like everyone else. To me, being a guest is like a try before you buy in feature. I would implement a time limit on guests, so they have to register, but are given enough time to decide if they want to continue to chat.

J

JustinCredible

When I suggested a room solely for registered users I didn't mean half the site. What we have now is separate development - chat apartheid! banning coloured fonts will be next you just watch . . . .
and btw Words an Jude don't you dare ask what apartheid is! and how's life on planet Jude?

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Jude il leave it up to you as im shy lol

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Just get rid of "guests"

One thing I have noticed is a lot of users signing up with very similar names to my registered name - ie just a lower case L etc

I have had a lot of PMs saying we spoke the other day etc and it wasn't even me

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Maybe u could change it to sommat else like ' HANDS OFF ITS MINE'

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do you have to make sarcastic remarks about everything anyone posts on forum.

Back