A heart-rending tale of broken Britain and then you have the hard-right haters...

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
A football club is trying to track down a generous six-year-old boy who sent his favourite player 26p in a letter revealing he can't attend their games because his mother has no money for food.

The boy sent in a note to Swindon Town FC, signing his name simply as 'Joe, Aged 6½', with a 20p, 5p and 1p taped to the bottom for Harry McKirdy, who plays as a forward for the League Two side.

The letter read: 'Mummy doesn't have any money to come to Swindon games because she has no money for food and has to pay for my dinner at school. I like Swindon Town Harry McKirdy. I will come one day.'

A fund has generously been set up for Joe and the club is trying to contact his family to give them a lovely day out at a home match.

Then there is this putrid bile...

"No way did a 6 year old write that"

"Where did he get 26p from if his mother has no money?"

"Has no money for food, but, paper, pen, stamp, envelope, and 26p. Oh and sellotape."

"Anyone who is falling for this is incredibly naive. This is how it went: 1) Kid likes football club, and would really like to go to a game and/or meet his favourite players/get a signed shirt etc. 2) Parents hatch plan to enable this with a poor me letter knowing it will make it in to the press and a subsequent 'hunt' ensues to find "Poor Joe". 3) Press picks up story, "Poor Joe" will miraculously be found (come forward) and get the freebies he wanted."

"Who posted it and paid fir the stamp? Just asking."

"Completely set up by an adult. Not written by a child. However be sure the Twitter mob will lap up anything in order to virtue signal."

"Does he not get free school meals then?" "If I was a conservative I'd take away those free meals"

"But mummy can afford a stamp..."

"Put up job for a free shirt, cynical I know that sounds."

"So a dad trying to get cheap tickets. You think a six year old from a poor background writes like that you're a melt."

"So a 6 Yr old that's never seen them play has a favourite player? Yeah, right. What a con"

0_Football-Club-searching-for-fan-6-who-wrote-letter-saying-he-cant-afford-to-attend-matches.jpg

Last edited:

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Let's examine where the remarks originated.

Daily Mail = hard-right.

Then point the finger at people who always claim that everyone else is on the take, even 6-year-old kids or female victims of predatory Princes.

Yes, I am looking at you.

This country is a shitpit because of you and people just like you.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No child should starve its just tragic.
The only genuine kids who are starving are those in war torn countries such as Afghanistan or poor countries such as African ones. If any kids are starving in the UK then there is something wrong with the S S or parents !

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Starvation in UK today :-
:-Young Christopher " Mommy ,i`m starving !"
:-Mother " I`m sorry darling ,I know the Spagh Boll isn`t very filling. Mummy had to spend the Child Allowance and SS money on a new dress and also to have the Car valetted . Why not you try to overcome your hunger by going and playing with your Xbox for a while eat some of that lovely fruit which we got from the Foodbank ? " Good lad ".

I`m a product of WW2 and we really did know what "starving " meant ! No child allowances ,no Foodbanks ,no Social Security, ration books books .
Etc.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You are as pathetic as always .Pity that you have so many followers who must be a bit thick too !:)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You are so narrow-minded it’s actually scary.
I might agree with you if we ever have Russian tanks and troops rolling through our Country.
I bet you are one of those who really believe that Andrew honestly didn`t know that the girls were underage etc ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What part of the question was too difficult?
All of it ...be specific you silly person.
Do you mean that the kids in Afghanistan are NOT hungry ? or the kids in poor villages with no water are not starving ? That all the Refuges who are prepared to drown getting away from those Countries are NOT REFUGEES ??

Come back SB ,all is forgiven !

Back