1,500 male asylum seekers to be housed in small rural village.

S

Saphire

"Villagers have branded a planned asylum centre on an ex-RAF station site an "open prison in the middle of nowhere".
The Home Office wants to place up to 1,500 male asylum seekers at Linton-on-Ouse near York.
Residents have flooded the prime minster and home secretary with dozens of letters opposing the proposal.
The government previously said the centre would help towards saving £4.7m in hotel costs.
Locals encouraged "villagers of all ages" to join a "vigorous campaign" against the plans, which they said were announced without warning.

Alison Thewliss, the chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Immigration Detention said she fully supported the Linton-on-Ouse Action Group.
She said the Home Office had "foisted the centre on to local residents without consultation."
The Home Office has previously apologised to residents for the way the announcement was made.
Ms Thewliss said facilities in the area were not "suitable or appropriate" to deal with an "overwhelming number of people coming into a small area".

A senior North Yorkshire Police officer said there had been an increase in patrols and he would expect his officers to listen to residents' concerns.

He said policing would be increased, and two police officers - from the community, who understood the community - would be on patrol between 8.30 and midnight every day.

A resident claimed that a police officer had advised that women should not go out in short skirts, but the police officer said it would be unacceptable for any officer to have said that."

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Whenever you change a demographic you get problems.
Especially when you have people of different cultures.

Look at any warzone and you will get women who want the new men and men who want the new women.

Always happens with demographic change.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Sounds like the start of some kind of dystopian fantasy, fantasised by fantasists.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Sounds like the start of some kind of dystopian fantasy, fantasised by fantasists.

Theres no fantesy.

How should I name thee,

The cities where grooming has been covered up.
The cities where women cant go out at night without abuse for being dressed the way we accept.
The cities where women are raped because they are viewed as "Easy" because they dont cover up.
The cities where knife crime between gangs has risen by 1200% in 10 years

Ask London.
Ask Paris.
Ask Berlin.

Mass migration in a short term always leads to crime, first against women than when they are established to drugs and people smuggling.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Our local news often reports on this story at Linton-on-Ouse. The refugees will be mostly single men, coming from countries that have what I would charitably term, a 'dubious' attitude towards women... You have to feel for those villagers living in an idylic part of England's green and pleasant land, now to be known as Guantanamo-on-Ouse :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

Our local news often reports on this story at Linton-on-Ouse. The refugees will be mostly single men, coming from countries that have what I would charitably term, a 'dubious' attitude towards women... You have to feel for those villagers living in an idylic part of England's green and pleasant land, now to be known as Guantanamo-on-Ouse :rolleyes:
It's a ridiculous situation, whether it be in a small rural village or a town or city.
Placing 15,000 men in an enclosed space, men who have different upbringings, and like you say, different attitudes, especially towards women, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Where are the women, the wives, mothers, daughters? did they get left behind in the rush to get out of their war torn countries?
I doubt there will be many Ukranian men amongst the 15,000.

S

Saphire

Theres no fantesy.

How should I name thee,

The cities where grooming has been covered up.
The cities where women cant go out at night without abuse for being dressed the way we accept.
The cities where women are raped because they are viewed as "Easy" because they dont cover up.
The cities where knife crime between gangs has risen by 1200% in 10 years

Ask London.
Ask Paris.
Ask Berlin.

Mass migration in a short term always leads to crime, first against women than when they are established to drugs and people smuggling.
Sadly, I think you have summed it up well.
The key words being 'Mass' and 'Short time'.

S

Saphire

If it’s proven to be fake news I’ll happily remove my comment. However, do you really think there would be mayhem? People will accept anything it seems, just to not be labelled.
I did see this reported...."A resident claimed that a police officer had advised that women should not go out in short skirts, but the police officer said it would be unacceptable for any officer to have said that."

But as shown, the police have denied any such comment was made.

S

Saphire

I don't think the police could afford to turn any more blind eyes if Muslims started ruling the roost.
The grooming gangs that have operated round the UK for decades, have shown the police force up in such a bad light, I really don't think they can go down that road again.

S

Saphire

It seems that the Muslim council thing can’t be confirmed so I’ll remove my comment. Thanks for that.

The grooming gangs story might have shown the police in a bad light yet they still continue, all the police apologies mean absolutely nothing if they are ‘permitting’ these shameful behaviours to continue.
I agree. More is being done, still not enough.
I removed my comment that quoted yours.

C

ChasingRubies

Of course this won't end badly. Thing is though if they put them somewhere else then it'll likely be in a city in hotels, I'm not sure which is better

Back