Things to roll your eyes at...

S

Saphire

And that law is getting changed in some US states.

The debate on abortion is very complex, whilst I agree with it in principle under certain circumstances, the ones who are calling for it to be extended until after birth, them I cannot agree with.

As for the person who mentioned "We in the UK dont have gun violence because it is banned", you do know that Londen had a higher murder rate then New York a while ago.

How many of the victims of knife crime in Londen were kids, a hell of a lot.
How can you abort after birth?? isn't that called infanticide.
And gun deaths are now the biggest cause of child deaths in the US.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
And that law is getting changed in some US states.

The debate on abortion is very complex, whilst I agree with it in principle under certain circumstances, the ones who are calling for it to be extended until after birth, them I cannot agree with.

As for the person who mentioned "We in the UK dont have gun violence because it is banned", you do know that Londen had a higher murder rate then New York a while ago.

How many of the victims of knife crime in Londen were kids, a hell of a lot.
It's not 'banned' as such. Just tighter laws. Iv'e had a gun licence since 1991.

I own several REAL guns. I just don't have them stored at 'Home'.

S

Saphire

Sadly that’s exactly what some nutters want to be made legal now.
Seriously?
But then some nutters think it's OK to kill innocent people with guns, or rape little children and old ladies, it doesn't mean it'll ever be legalised.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Seriously?
But then some nutters think it's OK to kill innocent people with guns, or rape little children and old ladies, it doesn't mean it'll ever be legalised.
What makes YOU so certain that they are 'Innocent'. Many Bandits out there may fool you into thinking that they are innocent...When in fact..They may not be as innocent as you think they are. Take ME...For Example. ;)

S

Saphire

I’ve not seen anyone calling for it over here but certainly in the States a few idiots think they should be allowed to abort their kids up to 4 weeks AFTER birth, and they are getting very loud.
Madness....just found this online.

"Last week, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed a piece of legislation that drastically expands access to abortion in the state and endangers women’s health. The bill—now law—expands abortion access in three devastating ways.

First, the bill codifies a radical “right” to abortion, which allows abortion for any reason up until birth."

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
How can you abort after birth?? isn't that called infanticide.
And gun deaths are now the biggest cause of child deaths in the US.

The highest cause of death in US minors is vehicle related.

Motor vehicle crash​
4,074​
5.21 (5.06–5.38)​
20.0 %​

Should we ban cars?
Also, in adolescents, over a third of firearm related deaths are by suicide.

Firearm-related injury​
3,143​
4.02 (3.88–4.16)​
15.4 %​
 Homicide​
1,865​
2.39 (2.28–2.50)​
 Suicide​
1,102​
1.41 (1.33–1.50)​
 Unintentional​
126​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
 Undetermined intent​
50​
0.06 (0.05–0.09)​

Roughly the same amount as die by suffocation.

Suffocation†​
1,430​
1.83 (1.74–1.93)​
7.0 %​
 Suicide​
1,110​
1.42 (1.34–1.51)​
 Unintentional​
235​
0.30 (0.26–0.34)​

It's a lot more complex than "Ban Guns".
Why are so many young people killing themselves should be the first question should it not?

Data from The National Library of Medicine.

S

Saphire

The highest cause of death in US minors is vehicle related.

Motor vehicle crash​
4,074​
5.21 (5.06–5.38)​
20.0 %​

Should we ban cars?
Also, in adolescents, over a third of firearm related deaths are by suicide.

Firearm-related injury​
3,143​
4.02 (3.88–4.16)​
15.4 %​
 Homicide​
1,865​
2.39 (2.28–2.50)​
 Suicide​
1,102​
1.41 (1.33–1.50)​
 Unintentional​
126​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
 Undetermined intent​
50​
0.06 (0.05–0.09)​

Roughly the same amount as die by suffocation.

Suffocation†​
1,430​
1.83 (1.74–1.93)​
7.0 %​
 Suicide​
1,110​
1.42 (1.34–1.51)​
 Unintentional​
235​
0.30 (0.26–0.34)​

It's a lot more complex than "Ban Guns".
Why are so many young people killing themselves should be the first question should it not?

Data from The National Library of Medicine.
Those records are out of date.
The latest news is that firearm killings cause the highest number of child deaths in the USA.

"Firearms are the leading cause of death for American children, according to recently released data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
More than 5 deaths per 100,000 Americans between the ages of 1 and 19 were due to guns in 2020, the most recent year for which the CDC has data.
That number represents a nearly 30% increase in firearms deaths among children over 2019, according to an analysis of the data published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Gun-related deaths now outpace motor vehicle deaths as the leading cause of childhood mortality."

The US won't ban guns, the right to hold one is in their DNA.
The restrictions of owning one should be made much tighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ChasingRubies

There is also a massive difference between poor souls dying in a car crash and a deranged shooter conducting a mass execution in front of a school full of 5-11 yr old kids. It seems so sick to me that there have been multiple mass shootings in schools and colleges but nothing is ever put in place to mitigate it. Like Saphire says, they won't ever "ban" guns over there anyway, because its their "constitutional right" but something has to be done doesn't it, what that is, I honestly don't know. I just know I'm thankful not to live in the US.

Back