Tales from a care home

M

MrFishy

Hmmmm.... you don't seem to understand how this would have effected you personally.

So I'm going to spell it out for you.

In Dec 2020 there was a risk of rolling black outs. Too many staff were off and at the time due to the lack of spare parts.... parts had to be striped from non essential systems. It was the same with the water supply.

Ambulance weren't much better with mechanics breaking a few rules too.

At point one we'd ran out of pipe and had to strip it from a new build we'd finished.

Without the vaccine roll out and covid death toll hitting 1500 per day in Feb..... you'd be sat in the dark drinking your own piss with no tv, internet or phone. Even the supermarkets would have closed down.

Did you really want to wait until 2023 for the results of full trials or take the risk of a short one?

B

Bad_Influence

Hmmmm.... you don't seem to understand how this would have effected you personally.

So I'm going to spell it out for you.

In Dec 2020 there was a risk of rolling black outs. Too many staff were off and at the time due to the lack of spare parts.... parts had to be striped from non essential systems. It was the same with the water supply.

Ambulance weren't much better with mechanics breaking a few rules too.

At point one we'd ran out of pipe and had to strip it from a new build we'd finished.

Without the vaccine roll out and covid death toll hitting 1500 per day in Feb..... you'd be sat in the dark drinking your own piss with no tv, internet or phone. Even the supermarkets would have closed down.

Did you really want to wait until 2023 for the results of full trials or take the risk of a short one?
I understand all that but it does not change the fact that the vaccine do not prevent Covid. Therefore all you typed is wholly immaterial.

M

MrFishy

And you seem to miss the point of the vaccine.

Its not about if the vaccine works or not...... its convincing workers they have hope and protection.

Otherwise they give up and stay home.

Or do you think the arm police are going to round them up and march them into work?

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
It doesn’t even do what a vaccine is supposed to do, ie prevent the virus, or prevent spread of the virus.

Brilliant. Even though different vaccines are NOT intended to do what you claim no doubt you will now go away and google crazily until you become an online expert on the subject.

You don't even understand the basics.

B

Bad_Influence

Brilliant. Even though different vaccines are NOT intended to do what you claim no doubt you will now go away and google crazily until you become an online expert on the subject.

You don't even understand the basics.
:rolleyes:

SamBally

Reaction score
In an ideal world, all vaccines would induce sterilising immunity. In reality, it is actually extremely difficult to produce vaccines that stop virus infection altogether. Most vaccines that are in use routine use today do not achieve this. For example, vaccines targeting rotavirus, a common cause of diarrhoea in infants, are only capable of preventing severe disease. But this has still proven invaluable in controlling the virus. In the US, there have been almost 90% fewer cases of rotavirus-associated hospital visits since the vaccine was introduced in 2006.

B

Bad_Influence

All your posturing and grandstanding, all your “facts”, all your Google searches, all you pathetic pictures…. and only one thing is clear, you are incapable of cognitive thought. I thought Tiddles was the stupid half of your partnership but even he isn’t as lame as you. At least he only posts silly pictures, he doesn’t pretend to be intelligent.

SamBally

Reaction score
Don't understand herd immunity and avoids discussing it for that same reason.

Same with vaccines. Stupidly assumed all vaccines are supposed to kill viruses and halt infection.

How stupid can you get?

Pissed-up insults are all it can manage.

B

Bad_Influence

Don't understand herd immunity and avoids discussing it for that same reason.

Same with vaccines. Stupidly assumed all vaccines are supposed to kill viruses and halt infection.

How stupid can you get?

Pissed-up insults are all it can manage.
:rolleyes:

SamBally

Reaction score
you are incapable of cognitive thought

Ha Ha Ha. Can't get anything right this one.

You carry on Mr Please Type To Me it's 3 am.

Enjoy your cheap booze you auld soak.

B

Bad_Influence

Ha Ha Ha. Can't get anything right this one.

You carry on Mr Please Type To Me it's 3 am.

Enjoy your cheap booze you auld soak.
Back to making assumptions eh? Move on Shouty Man. You are embarrassing yourself now.

Hughie

Take these times easy.be safe.Help others.
Reaction score
Up until last year, I had been unemployed for a number of years. I wanted to get back into work because I didn't want to be on the scrap heap (my own choice of words). In late 2020, I began working in a care home. During the interview I was informed that the home had managed to stay Covid free since the crisis began. It was also mentioned that the home had an open door policy (any resident who was able, was allowed to roam freely within the home). This would later prove to be a very unwise decision
In late December, the Coronavirus came to the home with a vengence, the home lost a third of the residents, mostly to covid, but a few died of unrelated illnesses. Many of the residents that died, had other health problems. It was a horrendous time, hindered by having the open door policy. One of the most stressful events from working in this environment under these circumstances, was when I had to make a resident's bed. Hours later, they were hospitalised because they had tested positive for covid. I would like to point out, that I was wearing full PPE, so was every other member of staff. But it was still pretty unnerving.
Weeks later, a senior member of staff approached me about having the vaccine, I declined because it was new and unproven. To be honest it was something that I neither wanted nor asked for. But due to certain pressures, I had the first part of the AstraZeneca vaccine in February, I had the second part a few months later. If I had had the choice, I would not have been vaccinated, I think I was also influenced by the "freedom" it would bring!
No one should ever be pressurised into having the vaccine, I respect those who choose not to.
I work in care too,Its a tough call this vaccine.But we take it for the best reasons.Nobody has too,( In scotland as far as i know.).Probibly more chance of catching covid in the supper market.I wasnt sure but then you think hard.Just do your best esp for your workmates,residents.Family and friends.Hope for the best.Our managers have been great and gave their all.still do.!!.Goverment well make your own mind up.
Ive lost friends and close family,Lots have.Its not over yet either.Care homes are hard enough on your mind,without covid.So hang in there,Take care.

P

PennyDreadful

I work in care too,Its a tough call this vaccine.But we take it for the best reasons.Nobody has too,( In scotland as far as i know.).Probibly more chance of catching covid in the supper market.I wasnt sure but then you think hard.Just do your best esp for your workmates,residents.Family and friends.Hope for the best.Our managers have been great and gave their all.still do.!!.Goverment well make your own mind up.
Ive lost friends and close family,Lots have.Its not over yet either.Care homes are hard enough on your mind,without covid.So hang in there,Take care.
Thank you for your kinds words, you have made a difficult day a little brighter.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Up until last year, I had been unemployed for a number of years. I wanted to get back into work because I didn't want to be on the scrap heap (my own choice of words). In late 2020, I began working in a care home. During the interview I was informed that the home had managed to stay Covid free since the crisis began. It was also mentioned that the home had an open door policy (any resident who was able, was allowed to roam freely within the home). This would later prove to be a very unwise decision
In late December, the Coronavirus came to the home with a vengence, the home lost a third of the residents, mostly to covid, but a few died of unrelated illnesses. Many of the residents that died, had other health problems. It was a horrendous time, hindered by having the open door policy. One of the most stressful events from working in this environment under these circumstances, was when I had to make a resident's bed. Hours later, they were hospitalised because they had tested positive for covid. I would like to point out, that I was wearing full PPE, so was every other member of staff. But it was still pretty unnerving.
Weeks later, a senior member of staff approached me about having the vaccine, I declined because it was new and unproven. To be honest it was something that I neither wanted nor asked for. But due to certain pressures, I had the first part of the AstraZeneca vaccine in February, I had the second part a few months later. If I had had the choice, I would not have been vaccinated, I think I was also influenced by the "freedom" it would bring!
No one should ever be pressurised into having the vaccine, I respect those who choose not to.

I think that you are over reacting to a simple rule of house . Get a vaccine to protect those who you will be working for .
If you managed to get work in (e.g.) Africa you would have to be jabbed for several things ,without which you wouldn`t get the job ! I don`t see what you are arguing about . In some jobs you have to have a Degree in some subject...would you complain if your application was turned down because you didnt `have that degree? "
Pressurised indeed ! Popecock !

Back