Not YAH any longer

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Popped in recently 99 chatters!! 15 were actual YAH regulars, not one talking on the main screen. Did anyone say hi nope, not a single solitary soul! Dont think anything else needs typing

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I dont blame AOL people, i blame the owners, they knew AOL was closing why didnt they make a room for them to use and not take over YAH

Sniper

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I dont blame AOL people, i blame the owners, they knew AOL was closing why didnt they make a room for them to use and not take over YAH
You Actually hit the nail on the head, yes they knew of course they did, and knew their revenues would increase too, and that for them, it was purely financial, it always is, and the run of the mill chatter knows nothing of the carnage these people cause when they take over sites, and leave everyone blaming other people over silly rules, that just causes in house squabbling, which is totally unfair to all concerned, each click to them is another revenue earner, and the fact so many of the AOL people have been excellent, YAH is a room for everyone to enjoy, change is a real pain in the A++e and a fact of life.

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Im sure your not surprised jacqui
I'm not ,but disappointed yes. Truly only saw two possibly 3 say they respected it was our room and they wanted to integrate not take over.... Obviously how that went eh!

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It doesn’t help that chatters are now treated like children. No swearing at all, no innuendos, no banter, so more like bible study on a Sunday afternoon!
Why bother going in to chat if there’s no fun!
Thought it was ( use the term loosely) it was Adult! over 18!! The owners are not interested as they have the AOL'rs...
Am sure there are more than me who will pass by every now and then!

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You Actually hit the nail on the head, yes they knew of course they did, and knew their revenues would increase too, and that for them, it was purely financial, it always is, and the run of the mill chatter knows nothing of the carnage these people cause when they take over sites, and leave everyone blaming other people over silly rules, that just causes in house squabbling, which is totally unfair to all concerned, each click to them is another revenue earner, and the fact so many of the AOL people have been excellent, YAH is a room for everyone to enjoy, change is a real pain in the A++e and a fact of life.

Totally concur with all the Sniper but this is in point of fact not change, it was a hostile take over.... perhaps some may feel that strong words, it is one view of the situation and accept there will be a VERY large number who do not share the view!

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Just gone in 65 chatters not a single hi!!!! this would appear to be the norm....

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score

I

iLaura

When I go in everybody, AOL and UKChat alike is very welcoming and polite :)

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Just gone in 65 chatters not a single hi!!!! this would appear to be the norm....
I find mornings and afternoons more quieter/civilised and at least u get a hi. but yeah got to agree with u on that one.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I was from AOL and I would hate to think I exclude any regular chatters in YAH, I chat to everyone in there
Its not one person that has stopped old YAH's coming in its the other 50 odd, we had a few there before AOL closed and it was ok its just the quantity

jacqui0

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I find mornings and afternoons more quieter/civilised and at least u get a hi. but yeah got to agree with u on that one.

I have gone in a couple of times midget_gem this week at different times of the day.....I was even told by a regular from the old uk chatters site, "just force your way into a conversation like I do"....

No thanks that's not what YAH was about or its members, its clearly the new regime. I will not name name but there are only 4/5 of the Aol take over group that have actually acknowlesged not only my entrance but others.

Its clear by the amout who have left and those who agree with comments on this thread it is an issue but not one that Aolers want to or are interested in rectifying...

The nepotism is very obvious.

J

JustinCredible

People do not brown nose the Mods! . .well..not many and not often. . i think..maybe!

Back