What would discipline you!!

EnglishLearner

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Chatting websites do show you the reality of each community. It is not a rule of course, but you can say that a chat website gives you an impression on a certain community.
People are free here to say what they want, and most of them (if not all) are sure that they are not restricted by any laws or principle. They are sure that they are unknown by their government, society, work’s manager and even their parents! Or... partner which is the most important haha

what would discipline an unrestricted human being?!

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't think it's true to say that people are free to say what they want in chatrooms. Many may be ignorant of the laws of libel or defamation for instance but they apply just as much to what is said within chatrooms as outside them. It is not the House of Commons after all. I'm not sure what you mean by an "unrestricted" human being. If you mean that there were no laws, then each individual's behaviour I guess would be determined by their moral compass, if any. But it's complicated. If there were no laws, this would lead to an erosion of societal norms and with it a blurring of what behaviour is and is not acceptable. Over time, this would lead to a complete breakdown of society. Children would be reared without any reference points as to acceptable behaviour. In short, the moral compass may become a thing of the past.....unless you believe that humans possess an innate idea of what is right and what is wrong that is not learned. But that is maybe an entirely different conversation.

EnglishLearner

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I don't think it's true to say that people are free to say what they want in chatrooms. Many may be ignorant of the laws of libel or defamation for instance but they apply just as much to what is said within chatrooms as outside them. It is not the House of Commons after all. I'm not sure what you mean by an "unrestricted" human being. If you mean that there were no laws, then each individual's behaviour I guess would be determined by their moral compass, if any. But it's complicated. If there were no laws, this would lead to an erosion of societal norms and with it a blurring of what behaviour is and is not acceptable. Over time, this would lead to a complete breakdown of society. Children would be reared without any reference points as to acceptable behaviour. In short, the moral compass may become a thing of the past.....unless you believe that humans possess an innate idea of what is right and what is wrong that is not learned. But that is maybe an entirely different conversation.
an unrestricted human being means that they are not ruled by any laws, of government, society and even norms or tradition.
Talking about moral compass, a guest has just sworn at me and when I reported him, I was asked to block and ignore him. What did that guest do? he just showed his reality as he was sure that no one would hold accountable him.
I was pondering what would discipline such an individual when there are no laws?

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Over time?
Society is already broken and has been for many yrs (decades) and moral compass is already a thing of the past, for so many.
Omega....you sound a glass half empty kind person. I prefer to remain hoodwinked :)

S

silentfem

as freedom of speech is being curtailed by laws,humans are herded like sheep to be easy controlled thats the norm of life and truths are watered down to appease.so we us internet to break from it but big brother will be watching

B

Bad_Influence

as freedom of speech is being curtailed by laws,humans are herded like sheep to be easy controlled thats the norm of life and truths are watered down to appease.so we us internet to break from it but big brother will be watching

Ain’t that the truth? Too many live in blinkers.

jefffs

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Skipped in then all excited, thought it was going to be about masters and mistresses..... i'll just leave :)
Lau40 don`t leave ,get the thigh high boots and whip out lol

S

Steven56

Discipline begins with yourself. Taking care of your mind keeping it sharp. Taking care of your body, keeping yourself in good shape. What type of person, character you are by your actions, your words. Being able to swallow your pride in certain situations takes a great deal of discipline.

EnglishLearner

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Discipline begins with yourself. Taking care of your mind keeping it sharp. Taking care of your body, keeping yourself in good shape. What type of person, character you are by your actions, your words. Being able to swallow your pride in certain situations takes a great deal of discipline.
Well, just yesterday, someone told me that they got fatter everyday because that made them feel better.
Who sets the good and bad things?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Best bum on telly... Just saying :D

'RDJ'? .... I am unfamiliar with these initials but I take it that you mean Robert Downey Jr.
If I am wrong then please do enlighten me. I am always eager to learn.
:)

Perhaps you should open a thread on the subject as opposed to detracting from the actual topic in hand.
Just saying.

Back