They must be evil

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Black man shot seven times in the back by American policeman, whilst others looked on, is in hospital, yes he survived, but will not walk again.
He was kept in handcuffs for 'safety reasons and has only just been released.
What sort of people are these Americans? Do they even have the right to wonder why relations between the black and white population is so skewered?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Black man shot seven times in the back by American policeman, whilst others looked on, is in hospital, yes he survived, but will not walk again.
He was kept in handcuffs for 'safety reasons and has only just been released.
What sort of people are these Americans? Do they even have the right to wonder why relations between the black and white population is so skewered?

Is this the same Jacob Blake who was wanted for sexual assault and domestic abuse? Not all black Americans support defunding the Police or what BLM stands for. This is the misconception. It's a minority group, boiled in extremism. Every single Police incident, even if the Police were justified to take lethal force, which they were in this case, are being under the microscope of extremists looking to loot, burn, destroy, even kill citizens in a mob like mentality who disagrees with them, or refuses to raise the fist at their demands.

This situation isn't as black and white as you're describing it, which is very disingenuous of you to do. There are two sides to this, but you decided to leave out the bit where he was wanted, and was facing a maximum of ten years in prison for his crimes.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Is this the same Jacob Blake who was wanted for sexual assault and domestic abuse? Not all black Americans support defunding the Police or what BLM stands for. This is the misconception. It's a minority group, boiled in extremism. Every single Police incident, even if the Police were justified to take lethal force, which they were in this case, are being under the microscope of extremists looking to loot, burn, destroy, even kill citizens in a mob like mentality who disagrees with them, or refuses to raise the fist at their demands.

This situation isn't as black and white as you're describing it, which is very disingenuous of you to do. There are two sides to this, but you decided to leave out the bit where he was wanted, and was facing a maximum of ten years in prison for his crimes.

They shot him in the back...seven times!!!
He was unarmed! And he was laying in bed with a smashed back, unable to walk///with his wrists handcuffed!
FGS...It's not human behaviour.

B

Bad_Influence

There’s a lot more to this story than we are being told I’m sure. Just a with the George Floyd killing, the truth shown on the police body cam was only released once all the rioting, looting and domestic terrorism had kicked into full swing. It showed that his claims that he couldn’t breathe had nothing to do with the policeman’s knee on his neck, it was a claim that he suffered from claustrophobia and prevented him from getting in the police car. It also showed him resisting arrest.

More details of this latest death will emerge but until then people will make assumptions based on very little information For example why was he handcuffed in hospital? Maybe he didn’t fancy 20 years in prison and was deemed a flight risk (I’m sure he has nice mates who would break him out of a hospital).
Far too many see these social media videos and jump to incorrect conclusions, and as recent events prove, that is very dangerous.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They shot him in the back...seven times!!!
He was unarmed! And he was laying in bed with a smashed back, unable to walk///with his wrists handcuffed!
FGS...It's not human behaviour.

Because he failed to comply with the Police when he was told to stop where he was, but he failed to comply and went for the glove compartment, which was later proven he was reaching for a knife. The Police in America have a right to use lethal force if someone runs at them, or if the Police feel threatened by the actions of the person in question. It's completely different over in America than here.

What are the Police supposed to do? Wait until the criminal potentially open fires or strikes with a lethal weapon first, before they take the shot which may save theirs or their colleagues' lives? These are people who put their life on the line to uphold law and order, otherwise we get what we see in Portland and Wisconsin. Lives destroyed, including black owned businesses.

It's not so black and white by calling something good or evil. Police are people too, with families to support. They go out that door with the chance that they may not come back home that evening. It's certainly not a race issue in my opinion. If i ran at a Policeman in America all threatening, he would more than likely open fire out of self defence.

We're all responsible for our own actions and how we deal with situations. We can either comply with authority and their instructions, or resist and face the consequences.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There’s a lot more to this story than we are being told I’m sure. Just a with the George Floyd killing, the truth shown on the police body cam was only released once all the rioting, looting and domestic terrorism had kicked into full swing. It showed that his claims that he couldn’t breathe had nothing to do with the policeman’s knee on his neck, it was a claim that he suffered from claustrophobia and prevented him from getting in the police car. It also showed him resisting arrest.

More details of this latest death will emerge but until then people will make assumptions based on very little information For example why was he handcuffed in hospital? Maybe he didn’t fancy 20 years in prison and was deemed a flight risk (I’m sure he has nice mates who would break him out of a hospital).
Far too many see these social media videos and jump to incorrect conclusions, and as recent events prove, that is very dangerous.

It's in relation to your posts earlier. It's easy for people to look at a thirty second clip online, not know the full details of what transpired and the full context of the clip, and then make a judgement based on what someone has seen. It doesn't look good when you look at it without context, and the media certainly ignites the flames of violent riots by feeding the narrative that "racist" Cops shot an "unarmed" black man in the back.

What they don't tell you is that there was a warrant for his arrest for a domestic abuse and sexual assault charge, which will give him a maximum of ten years in prison. The Police asked him to comply, but he decided to walk around instead of stopping, then he walked to towards his vehicle even though Officers warned him to stop, and then he grabbed for something in the glove compartment as the Officers opened fire. It was later proved that he was reaching for a knife.

B

Bad_Influence

Now it’s reported that the police were there because of a telephone report that Blake was trying to steal a car. He put one officer in a headlock, was tasered twice and still wouldn’t comply. He was allegedly told multiple times to drop a knife too.
Isn’t it strange how only the part of the video that paints the police in a bad light is shown by the media? They should be ashamed of themselves. They are the reason there have been more riots and looting by only telling one side of the story while ignoring the facts.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I know that if armed police told me to stop, I would. I know they shoot people who pose a risk if they continue to move, potentially towards a weapon of their own. This man chose not to; the policeman who shot him was close enough to pull on his vest (I have seen this clip once, on the news) and probably felt he couldn't risk not opening fire. I don't know why he didn't shoot just to incapacitate; I don't know why he shot him 7 times, but I know the guy should have stopped trying to get into his car.

I'm afraid we are revering and making idols of the wrong type of person at the moment. Black, white, purple or orange (I don't mean Donald) - I don't think we should be making heroes of criminals who have been shot while being less than upstanding citizens. I really don't think it matters what colour your skin is - if you're deliberately obstructing the law, you're not in the right. I don't believe people should be shot willy-nilly either, but how is a criminal, shot by police, automatically put on a pedestal? It seems very skewed to me.

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score

What has the man's history got to do with an officer seeing fit to shoot someone in the back several times? I believe the question was about police conduct not the allegations of the citizen shot in the back. Not all people who support better standards from professionals are black or part of 'BLM'. I have noticed that a lot of people are pointing the finger at a group to discredit the cause. If you cannot see an issue with someone being shot in the back 7 times and then being handcuffed whilst paralysed then you simply do not want to see.

I'm afraid we are revering and making idols of the wrong type of person at the moment. Black, white, purple or orange (I don't mean Donald) - I don't think we should be making heroes of criminals who have been shot while being less than upstanding citizens. I really don't think it matters what colour your skin is - if you're deliberately obstructing the law, you're not in the right. I don't believe people should be shot willy-nilly either, but how is a criminal, shot by police, automatically put on a pedestal? It seems very skewed to me.

I do not understand how criticising police conduct makes him a hero on a pedastal? What have people been saying to suggest they find him heroic or someone to be revered?

B

Bad_Influence

What has the man's history got to do with an officer seeing fit to shoot someone in the back several times? I believe the question was about police conduct not the allegations of the citizen shot in the back. Not all people who support better standards from professionals are black or part of 'BLM'. I have noticed that a lot of people are pointing the finger at a group to discredit the cause. If you cannot see an issue with someone being shot in the back 7 times and then being handcuffed whilst paralysed then you simply do not want to see.

I do not understand how criticising police conduct makes him a hero on a pedastal? What have people been saying to suggest they find him heroic or someone to be revered?

His history gives the police reason to be extra vigilant and to take measures to protect themselves. Nobody is claiming the police are beyond reproach but nobody riots or demonstrates when a police officer is killed doing his job.
And as for making him a hero, there have already been murals and at least one statue of George Floyd, also a career criminal, so it only a matter of time before folk want the same for Blake.
It’s time the police were celebrated for getting rid of scum like these two criminals, not vilified, and that has feck all to do with the colour of their skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
His history gives the police reason to be extra vigilant and to take measures to protect themselves. Nobody is claiming the police are beyond reproach but nobody riots or demonstrates when a police officer is killed doing his job.
And as for making him a hero, the has already been murals and at least one statue of George Floyd, also a career criminal, so it only a matter of time before folk want the same for Blake.
It’s time the police were celebrated for getting rid of scum like these two criminals, not vilified, and that has feck all to do with the colour of their skin.

The criticsm of the US police conduct has not come from this one incident, has it? Still... 7 times... really?

Well I don;t see those things as revering or hero status just symbolic of the struggles black people have go through still in 2020.
To me though it is not just about a race issue it's about poor police standards, procedures, training and disciplinary action.

B

Bad_Influence

The criticsm of the US police conduct has not come from this one incident, has it? Still... 7 times... really?

Well I don;t see those things as revering or hero status just symbolic of the struggles black people have go through still in 2020.
To me though it is not just about a race issue it's about poor police standards, procedures, training and disciplinary action.

As I said nobody is suggesting the police are perfect and yes the case should be investigated on its own merit, using ALL the evidence available, not just rumour and here say, which is all you and I have right now. Then if found to have acted incorrectly they should face the music.

Struggles of black people? It amuses me that everyone is kicking up about Black Lives Matter. Putting aside for a moment the fact that BLM is known to be a group of Black Supremacists who want to defund the police and have black people is all positions of power, whether they are the best for the job or not. If black lives really mattered to people they ought to be campaigning against the rulers in some African countries that hold their citizens in poverty while living the high life. But hey, that wouldn’t make the news would it. Far easier to use the media to cause even more racism and social unrest in civilised nations.

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
As I said nobody is suggesting the police are perfect and yes the case should be investigated on its own merit, using ALL the evidence available, not just rumour and here say, which is all you and I have right now. Then if found to have acted incorrectly they should face the music.

Struggles of black people? It amuses me that everyone is kicking up about Black Lives Matter. Putting aside for a moment the fact that BLM is known to be a group of Black Supremacists who want to defund the police and have black people is all positions of power, whether they are the best for the job or not. If black lives really mattered to people they ought to be campaigning against the rulers in some African countries that hold their citizens in poverty while living the high life. But hey, that wouldn’t make the news would it. Far easier to use the media to cause even more racism and social unrest in civilised nations.

OK, do you think defunding means strip them of funding or do you think it means put a fair proportion of the funding into other sectors like education etc which will be beneficial to the community and be a preventative measure in terms or crime?
Why shouldn't they try and better their own lives just because the lives of others are in need of help too? It's not one or the other.

B

Bad_Influence

OK, do you think defunding means strip them of funding or do you think it means put a fair proportion of the funding into other sectors like education etc which will be beneficial to the community and be a preventative measure in terms or crime?
Why shouldn't they try and better their own lives just because the lives of others are in need of help too? It's not one or the other.

My definition of defunding is irrelevant, surely it’s their definition that matters here? But I think the police, certainly in this country are understaffed and underpaid as it is (except the top brass obviously but that can be said for every part of the public sector) To reduce police numbers even further would only be beneficial to those who choose a life on the wrong side of the law.

And as for bettering themselves, please don’t believe all you read. Do you not think, for example, (and an example used by many to prove their point) that top football clubs would employ a black manager if they thought he was the best person for the job? Do you think they are happy to spend tens of millions on black players because they are the best, but wouldn’t do the same for a black manager? All this nonsense spouted by the so-called put upon has so little basis of fact it’s laughable.

B

Bad_Influence

They do not want equality, they want special treatment based on the colour of their skin. Now THAT is racist.

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
My definition of defunding is irrelevant, surely it’s their definition that matters here? But I think the police, certainly in this country are understaffed and underpaid as it is (except the top brass obviously but that can be said for every part of the public sector) To reduce police numbers even further would only be beneficial to those who choose a life on the wrong side of the law.

And as for bettering themselves, please don’t believe all you read. Do you not think, for example, (and an example used by many to prove their point) that top football clubs would employ a black manager if they thought he was the best person for the job? Do you think they are happy to spend tens of millions on black players because they are the best, but wouldn’t do the same for a black manager? All this nonsense spouted by the so-called put upon has so little basis of fact it’s laughable.

I do believe that if you claim to object to defunding you need to know what it means, yes.
I'm talking about black people not being able to take their movements for granted. They are treated with suspicion. I've seen it, many examples. I'm not discussing positive discrimination, I am talking about the fear they live with... the prejudice they face because of suspicion.
Surely you do not object to black people being treated fairly? Again... not talking about policies like positive discrimination, that's a different debate.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wonder how many police officers ended up dead because they hesitated when a suspect reached for a weapon in his car? but what I find staggering is that you can legally walk around the streets of Wisconsin carrying an assault rifle or with a handgun in your pocket. :rolleyes:

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
I wonder how many police officers ended up dead because they hesitated when a suspect reached for a weapon in his car? but what I find staggering is that you can legally walk around the streets of Wisconsin carrying an assault rifle or with a handgun in your pocket. :rolleyes:

Seven times.
There's reacting swiftly then there's shooting someone seven times.
Trigger happy.

B

Bad_Influence

I do believe that if you claim to object to defunding you need to know what it means, yes.
I'm talking about black people not being able to take their movements for granted. They are treated with suspicion. I've seen it, many examples. I'm not discussing positive discrimination, I am talking about the fear they live with... the prejudice they face because of suspicion.
Surely you do not object to black people being treated fairly? Again... not talking about policies like positive discrimination, that's a different debate.

Here’s a novel idea then to reduce suspicion, maybe they could stop killing each other, or maybe stop turning large parts of cities into no-go areas for white people. Sadly they only have themselves to blame for the suspicion. Obviously I don’t mean ALL black people do this but that stigma has been built up over decades and will not go away when their idea of wanting change is to riot, burn their own communities, and continue to allow their children to carry guns and knives. And again I’m not suggesting that only black people do those things but the gang culture IS predominantly black whether you like it or not.

B

Bad_Influence

Seven times.
There's reacting swiftly then there's shooting someone seven times.
Trigger happy.

There is NO excuse for him to ignore the police requests. NONE. He must know the current feeling over there so to resist arrest was either plain stupid or he wanted to make news. I’ll leave it to you to decide, I know what I think.

Back