Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pls post recommendations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
W

Wren

Why is there no post about our Great City and surrounding area's

We have historic site and landmarks of beauty

like i think, who ever you talk to around the world , everyone knows the story of Robin Hood , Disney even made a movie on it LOL

I say Nottingham is famous =D

E

Evonne

there should be regional rooms so people can talk about local issues. Porthmadog sounds an awful place but is charming.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

like i think, who ever you talk to around the world , everyone knows the story of Robin Hood , Disney even made a movie on it LOL

The 'Actual' grave of 'Robin Hood' is no where near Nottingham...And Little John is buried in Hathersage.. just out side of Sheffield.

W

Wren

The 'Actual' grave of 'Robin Hood' is no where near Nottingham...And Little John is buried in Hathersage.. just out side of Sheffield.
LoL where ever he's lay in rest makes no odds, the tales of hood still stand
Surrounding areas .. Woodlands of Lush, and back then riches :D

Thanks for your historic information tho, most useful if their grave sides wanted to be visited, or can just go to Wallaton Hall and use ur imagination ;), find the tree and enjoy the deer
Xx

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
LoL where ever he's lay in rest makes no odds, the tales of hood still stand
Surrounding areas .. Woodlands of Lush, and back then riches :D

Thanks for your historic information tho, most useful if their grave sides wanted to be visited, or can just go to Wallaton Hall and use ur imagination ;), find the tree and enjoy the BEER..
Xx

^^^ My Bold...^^^ X ;):D

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

This thread has attracted very few responses for obvious reasons.

1. It's not actually about 'Robin Hood Country' at all.
2. There was NO need to make a Disney reference as it is NOT American' history. That doesn't exist yet. Disney thrived on romantic fiction.
3. Various counties claim that Robin Hood was active in places other than Nottingham. Not least Yorkshire, where there is speculated evidence that he died, namely in the vicinity of Kirklees Priory.

I am disappointed, however, that England's greatest (legendary) hero does not get the acclamation he deserves.
I strongly suspect moves would be made to remove ANY statue of Robin Hood these days because he was 'an outlaw'.
This country!!!
:rolleyes:

W

Wren

This thread has attracted very few responses for obvious reasons.

1. It's not actually about 'Robin Hood Country' at all.
2. There was NO need to make a Disney reference as it is NOT American' history. That doesn't exist yet. Disney thrived on romantic fiction.
3. Various counties claim that Robin Hood was active in places other than Nottingham. Not least Yorkshire, where there is speculated evidence that he died, namely in the vicinity of Kirklees Priory.

I am disappointed, however, that England's greatest (legendary) hero does not get the acclamation he deserves.
I strongly suspect moves would be made to remove ANY statue of Robin Hood these days because he was 'an outlaw'.
This country!!!
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: an just linger on my wings wicked..aka:WeirdOne!

W

Wren

P.S
I'm not a penguin and u reek of Fish!

Back away from me ... Ty!

eddie-eagle

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score

your also famous for little Jon the clock I suppose it's London's equivalent to big Ben not many people know though.
how are u anyway ready for another lockdown

W

Wren

your also famous for little Jon the clock I suppose it's London's equivalent to big Ben not many people know though.
how are u anyway ready for another lockdown
Lockdown , cage supported with steady brach.

Not many do I guess, little Jon - big Ben , something says that's a tiny bit similar

Hope Ur doing alright too?... I thinks...times are coming ...winter too. :p

No usual bonfire today, will be using a mini camping cooker :p special effects will be twinkle night lights in the background

:)

Back