Be sure you want what you want

O

Oswestrian

There is one thing, maybe more, we can say about Boris: we have been a tad critical on here." He was the man for the job...remember BREXIT?
He is THE frontman...the Maitre d'... the Master of Ceremonies, the Spieler, and frankly the only man to get us our Brexit. And he crushed What's his name...oh yes... Corbyn"
We must be grateful for that, forever, what ever he gets up to next.
As to his record on the Coronavirus outbreak; well. he says he is proud of it.
Who are we to argue?
I reflect upon the point that he is not yet a well man...nor is his Demon (see Sir Phillip Pullman).
Can we make allowances for those that rule us?

Dong, it's really very simple. Would there have been fewer coronavirus deaths in the United Kingdom if Boris Johnson hadn't been elected Prime Minister? The exact same question may be asked of Donald Trump.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Dong, it's really very simple. Would there have been fewer coronavirus deaths in the United Kingdom if Boris Johnson hadn't been elected Prime Minister? The exact same question may be asked of Donald Trump.
We will never know!

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Agenda 21 was bound to surface on this thread but remember its wasnt me that brought it up!:cool:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well? If coronavirus was intended to action agenda 21 it was not even a near miss.
Who was in charge...Donald?

Reaction score
Boris has the economy to worry about, all the big businesses are losing money because of the lockdown. Theres still chances of second waves of the virus but any families of people dying should feel proud that their now dead loved ones helped a big business survive.

B

Bad_Influence

Boris has the economy to worry about, all the big businesses are losing money because of the lockdown. Theres still chances of second waves of the virus but any families of people dying should feel proud that their now dead loved ones helped a big business survive.

Does Momentum pay you for posting nonsense like that? It should.

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
PS.
Think upon Winston Churchill, Boris' idol, who survived two strokes and a heart attack whilst in office!
Didnt he say...those who forget their past are bound to repeat it.....? well looks like the 1930's and '60 here in the USA. guess we are repeating history ! we as a world leader country should have stayed up to date on these issues !

B

Bad_Influence

Didnt he say...those who forget their past are bound to repeat it.....? well looks like the 1930's and '60 here in the USA. guess we are repeating history ! we as a world leader country should have stayed up to date on these issues !

What? Did you have looting and riots by idiots just jumping on a bandwagon back then too? I'm not condoning the police in any way but too many of these protesters are not there because of what the police did.

The same is the case here... where were the riots after Lee Rigby got hacked to death? Where were the riots after the Manchester bombing?

It's all to easy to play the race card nowadays.

T

Tandy

Everything in nature is a cycle, only so much new stuff can be born. A Rave fan Terence Mckenna predicted a singulaity where repeating cycles come faster and faster, he thought it would be 2012 and called it timewavesero, he dead now ;-)

Reaction score
Does Momentum pay you for posting nonsense like that? It should.

The South-West has just received news that its R value is going up and that local lock-downs may be enforced if it continues to rise. Its probably risen because the tourism industry was begging for tourists to be allowed to return otherwise more Government funding would be required to keep businesses afloat. Next thing you know, lock-down is lifted, visitors swarm to the South-West, and the dreaded R value rises. Did the Cornerstone Group pay you for your remark?

101560518_2424644417639053_8291143260634611712_n.jpg

B

Bad_Influence

The South-West has just received news that its R value is going up and that local lock-downs may be enforced if it continues to rise. Its probably risen because the tourism industry was begging for tourists to be allowed to return otherwise more Government funding would be required to keep businesses afloat. Next thing you know, lock-down is lifted, visitors swarm to the South-West, and the dreaded R value rises. Did the Cornerstone Group pay you for your remark?

View attachment 1916

Oh of course it's so easy to balance easing the lockdown and giving the whole of the economy a chance to recover isn't it? Financial experts say get people back working AND don't get people back working.... medical experts say ease the lockdown AND dont ease the lockdown, It's impossible to please everyone no matter who is in charge. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot or deluded, of more likely a deluded idiot.

T

Tandy

Oh of course it's so easy to balance easing the lockdown and giving the whole of the economy a chance to recover isn't it? Financial experts say get people back working AND don't get people back working.... medical experts say ease the lockdown AND dont ease the lockdown, It's impossible to please everyone no matter who is in charge. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot or deluded, of more likely a deluded idiot.

Locking down the world was the easy part (and i for one didnt think it was even a possible) but anyone with eyes can see opening back up again is, well impossible. Even if the virus vanished right now you have all the players of the world playing, too much has been lost and nobody wants to pay the bill, the dominos are still falling, they cannot be stopped. The virus has not gone, it's not going to vanish, the new normal equals a VERY difficult time ahead (i mean we are fcuked).

B

Bad_Influence

Locking down the world was the easy part (and i for one didnt think it was even a possible) but anyone with eyes can see opening back up again is, well impossible. Even if the virus vanished right now you have all the players of the world playing, too much has been lost and nobody wants to pay the bill, the dominos are still falling, they cannot be stopped. The virus has not gone, it's not going to vanish, the new normal equals a VERY difficult time ahead (i mean we are fcuked).

I will definitely agree with your final sentence. How the world recovers remains to be seen but it will, eventually. What annoys me is the fecking nutters who think being PM or the Government during this time is easy. Yes we know mistakes have been made, but if you watch or read the media you'd believe that only Conservative MPs broke the guidance, you'd think the whole general public has abided by the regulations set out meaning they can take the moral high ground. The facts remain that at least 3 Labour MP have been caught out (but I think that was on page 7 of The Guardian), and we all know the public has, since day one of the lockdown, flouted the rules. It's biased reporting in the extreme and some folk buy into it.

T

Tandy

I will definitely agree with your final sentence. How the world recovers remains to be seen but it will, eventually. What annoys me is the fecking nutters who think being PM or the Government during this time is easy. Yes we know mistakes have been made, but if you watch or read the media you'd believe that only Conservative MPs broke the guidance, you'd think the whole general public has abided by the regulations set out meaning they can take the moral high ground. The facts remain that at least 3 Labour MP have been caught out (but I think that was on page 7 of The Guardian), and we all know the public has, since day one of the lockdown, flouted the rules. It's biased reporting in the extreme and some folk buy into it.

I don’t blame politicians for this, they are what they are, they most definitely cannot protect the whole of society, they at best can play a catch-up game saving what they can (futile really if this virus is what they say it is). No government can protect its people from the world, this is not a Boris problem, it’s a humanity problem. I will not pass easy, it will require difficult intervention, and prognosis is not great.

O

Oswestrian

If a government isn't willing to follow its own rules then why should anybody else? It's all about the collective good.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bad_Influence

If the government isn't willing to follow it the rules then why should anybody else? It's all about the collective good.

That's a stupid question. Maybe for your own health, or that of your family? Ya think? MPs have died through autoerotic asphyxiation so are you going to try it too Os just because MPs have done it?

T

Tandy

The Virus just does what it does, it is here, it is global, the reason people rushed for TP is not going away. Social norm will expand in to a controlling state, fighting to keep infection balanced against hospital cpapacity. We are only seeimg the first draconion laws, wait till gov aid is pulled and the jobless cant pay their pills. Right now the social rules are out the window, the street is thinking its a done deal, either fake or less problematic. Now if like me you beleive that this is the most fruitfull of viruses then you also know things are not going to get betterl The good weather will abate/mitigate the problem but only for now. Numbers are hight after such a sunny warm perion (this should worry you), My opinon on this is that people should start taking more responsibility over their own welbeing, do not expect others to provide in a time of turmoil,

Back