Be sure you want what you want

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Poor Boris. All his life has been given to his one ambition...… to emulate his hero and become Prime Minister: then he did: and since then I think he has found out that he is not very good at it.
He is still not a well man, after his bout with Corona and the actions of his one time colleague leaves much to be desired.
However, he has shown strength over the Dominic affair, in giving his support, and I suppose we have to hope that Mr Cummings is able to return the favour by getting us out of the strangled mess we are in.
It is probably true to say that after all the TV briefings by men of science, politics and media, we, the sufferers of all this, are now totally confused in what we think we know, or can do, in this period of pandemic. Advice has been muddled. unclear, inept and patronising.
Boris has to get a grip!
The alternative is, after the mass sunshine protests we have seen this glorious weekend, of a spike...which means another lockdown. And one that he really means.
I hope this makes all those Durdle Door certifiable idiots understand their responsibility for this, should it happen...… and it will.
Then there's the economy! That's the other argument.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What do you suggest he does? Solutions to the problem are far more beneficial than the blame game. And if we're being fair here, no matter who was put into that position of power, no one would be happy with the solutions either way. Whether it was Boris or Corbyn who took the mantle at number 10, we would still be in the same problem. Corbyn or whoever became Primeminster in December would have faced the same troubles.
And this isn't a defence of Boris by any means. I think he could have handled it better, but he was only listening to the experts, including Dr Neil Ferguson, who also broke the lockdown rules to see his bit on the side. I wonder where the pours of outrage and disdain by the media for him, that Dominic Cummings and his family had experienced?

And these "protests" as the media like to call them these days, are no longer about the poor man who was murdered. These looters don't care about skin colour as they're raiding and destroying businesses. They don't care if someone of colour has built a business for themselves from scratch, even when they pleaded with the looters to stop and that they're black, these looters don't care. This is why this whole thing is no longer about justice for the murder of George Flyod by corrupt Police Officers, and more about an opportunity to loot and cause chaos. Zero social distancing to boot also.

After that analysis of the whole situation, i wouldn't be surprised if we see a complete lift of the lockdown rules. I mean what is the point if people are refusing to abide by them? I think it's finished.

T

Tandy

I have no solutions only observation. Met office says this month we have had 615hrs of sunshine beating the previous record set at 555, the virus does not like UV radiation which kills it in seconds. Our farmers have said the due to the wet winter and dry spring at best we can expect 50% loss of grain harvest. We still have a high number of infected people, the economy is now in a deep recession, in fact this is an historic depression the like of which the world has not seen before.

I speculate that this autumn will be a bleak period, the R will increase, the economy will worsen and a sense of our true difficult reality will be felt. No government could have protected us from this; we are at the mercy of nature.

A palpable sense of tension is growing across the world; fear and division are exploding whilst solutions to the malaise are fuelling more tension. The future is not going to look like our past, the problems ahead are immense, nature does not care and will continue regardless of us silly little people.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have no solutions only observation. Met office says this month we have had 615hrs of sunshine beating the previous record set at 555, the virus does not like UV radiation which kills it in seconds. Our farmers have said the due to the wet winter and dry spring at best we can expect 50% loss of grain harvest. We still have a high number of infected people, the economy is now in a deep recession, in fact this is an historic depression the like of which the world has not seen before.

I speculate that this autumn will be a bleak period, the R will increase, the economy will worsen and a sense of our true difficult reality will be felt. No government could have protected us from this; we are at the mercy of nature.

A palpable sense of tension is growing across the world; fear and division are exploding whilst solutions to the malaise are fuelling more tension. The future is not going to look like our past, the problems ahead are immense, nature does not care and will continue regardless of us silly little people.
Oh how I love "my glass is half empty" kinda people. Let's forget the great resilience of human kind and the countless examples of how we have overcome great adversity in the past shall we? You may be right of course, there's no denying that. But I work at Specsavers. I prefer to be an eternal optometrist!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Whatever happened to 'herd immunity' that the government was pushing before the start of this lockdown?
I was never in favour of this lockdown and that the virus should have been allowed to run its course. Planet Earth simply cannot cope with the number of people living on it, there's a population time bomb. It's no use cutting down on aerosols/carrier bags, using eco-friendly light bulbs or anything else on the Green agenda. There's only one answer - population control. Some may consider the view that for the sake of the planet, half the population needs to be culled by a virus, abhorrent. and that I wouldn't be saying that if one of my relatives was a virus victim, but... where emotion takes over, rational discussion collapses. . . .. and then name-calling starts and then. . . . threads get deleted :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Whatever happened to 'herd immunity' that the government was pushing before the start of this lockdown?
I was never in favour of this lockdown and that the virus should have been allowed to run its course. Planet Earth simply cannot cope with the number of people living on it, there's a population time bomb. It's no use cutting down on aerosols/carrier bags, using eco-friendly light bulbs or anything else on the Green agenda. There's only one answer - population control. Some may consider the view that for the sake of the planet, half the population needs to be culled by a virus, abhorrent. and that I wouldn't be saying that if one of my relatives was a virus victim, but... where emotion takes over, rational discussion collapses. . . .. and then name-calling starts and then. . . . threads get deleted :rolleyes:
Well, there is really only one way to stop population growth. Make sex unattractive!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well, there is really only one way to stop population growth. Make sex unattractive!
And I could quote...Promote homosexuality, make it compulsory!!!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
And I could quote...Promote homosexuality, make it compulsory!!!
Now that's going a step too far! Mind, I have a cheek to talk, what with having 4 kids. They may all have the same dad, but I'm a fine one to talk about population control.

Reaction score
Well if Agenda 21 is to get its way with controlling population growth then the best way, other than conflict, would be to create a deadly disease to kill people. But theres no use creating a disease to lower population numbers if noones going to catch it, you've got to catch the virus to die from it. Then the survivors will be overjoyed that they can fart more often without worrying about killing the planet.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Intresting debate on the radio today.
A student, said he was willing to catch covid and die to stand up to racism.
Totally missing the point, he could kill others, as the host pointed out.
I think this weekend will be very violent.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
News said here 4000 protestors expected in the city here,
I wonder how many in london or the bigger citys..

O

Oswestrian

Wojcik, your two paragraphs about the woes affecting Great Britain and the United States are poorly reasoned. They are poorly reasoned because you assume that as far as Britain is concerned (a) no one would be happy with the solutions either way and (b) we would still be in the same problem. Just because Boris Johnson isn't been up to the task doesn't mean that nobody is. I am quite sure that Britain has many people talented people who could have easily done a much better job than the current Prime Minister. And by better job I mean one in which TENS OF THOUSANDS OF LIVES could and should have been saved from this pandemic. But Boris Johnson, like Dominic Cummings, is a cheat who insults the intelligence of the people of the United Kingdom. Today The Telegraph reported that Tens of thousands of covid-19 tests have been double-counted in the Government’s official tally, public health officials have admitted. Diagnostic tests which involve taking saliva and nasal samples from the same patient are being counted as two tests, not one. The Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England each confirmed the double-counting. This inflates the daily reported diagnostic test numbers by over 20 per cent, with that proportion being much higher earlier on in the crisis before home test kits were added to the daily totals. Would Corbyn have double-counted those tests? Let us assume that he would have. Would that mean that every Prime Minister would have done this ?

Your comments seem to me as if they are a diatribe against anybody who is critical of the present Prime Minister. But worse than that, you are actually telling your readers that all this is inevitable and that there is nothing anybody can or could have done.

As for the United States and the death of George Floyd, I believe the family's lawyer is going to ask that the policeman who knelt on Mr. Floyd's neck whilst he was hand-cuffed from behind be brought up on charges of premeditated murder. After all, Mr. Floyd told the policemen he couldn't breathe (as did several bystanders) during the first few minutes of his final ordeal. If I were the family's attorney, I would also insist that the charge of conspiracy to commit murder be brought up against the other three policemen present at execution of Mr. George Floyd. When our institutions work against us, it's time to burn them to the ground.

"... but there is nothing like a site of an amputated spirit."

Lt. Col. Frank Slade in Scent of a Woman

B

Bad_Influence

Os you do talk some sense. Mostly sh** but some sense.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There is one thing, maybe more, we can say about Boris: we have been a tad critical on here." He was the man for the job...remember BREXIT?
He is THE frontman...the Maitre d'... the Master of Ceremonies, the Spieler, and frankly the only man to get us our Brexit. And he crushed What's his name...oh yes... Corbyn"
We must be grateful for that, forever, what ever he gets up to next.
As to his record on the Coronavirus outbreak; well. he says he is proud of it.
Who are we to argue?
I reflect upon the point that he is not yet a well man...nor is his Demon (see Sir Phillip Pullman).
Can we make allowances for those that rule us?

Back