Unlocking.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
It is now being leaked to the public that there is a possibility that lockdown will not be totally removed before an effective vaccine is available to all. This applies especially to the medically vulnerable and the aged and...possibly other groups.
This has been apparent for some time to the thinking person who wonders how easing restrictions will affect us all.
Obviously, even when a suitable vaccine is available it will be ages before we are all safe from Corona.
What a dismal future!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It is now being leaked to the public that there is a possibility that lockdown will not be totally removed before an effective vaccine is available to all. This applies especially to the medically vulnerable and the aged and...possibly other groups.
This has been apparent for some time to the thinking person who wonders how easing restrictions will affect us all.
Obviously, even when a suitable vaccine is available it will be ages before we are all safe from Corona.
What a dismal future!
If pl do as they told we be out of social distancing [ your not locked in at all ] a bit quicker . they will review this week not till thursday

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What a dismal future!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I must admit to a feeling pf relief in that Boris did not make any concessions regarding our lockdown in his address to the nation this morning.
It is obviously too soon to ease things a bit and thus begin another rash of infections.
I despair of those who defy lockdown policy, well most of it. They could kill us.
Nothing much wrong with beaches and park benches however, and observing isolation policy!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
why are you in such a rush to get anywhere soon? sit back and enjoy the peaceful times . because man your a long time dead.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
why are you in such a rush to get anywhere soon? sit back and enjoy the peaceful times . because man your a long time dead.
In a rush!!! Moi? you must be joking. The nearest I have come to a rush in the past weeks was one to the bathroom,

T

Tandy

I feel the easing of lockdown will be more problematic than its introduction (and who ever thought you could stop the world from turning in the first place)

For one the masses have had to realise the solid ground they once stood upon can suffer liquefaction, the whole premise of safety and protection by the state dissolved almost overnight and like scared rabbits we have bolted to our homes. Even if the gov advised the masses to go back to normal I feel they would not, yes you will get the early adopters dive right in and get back to it but most will stand back to see if the early adopters die first.

The ‘Invisible Enemy’ is still little understood, how it transmits, how it may evolve, can we retain immunity once recovered, long term health effects, huge variance in symptoms, was it a weapon, would rushed vaccine be safe, who are the elite.

The endless drivel from ‘experts’ in the media changing their assertions like a girl changes cloths, they push the science as though it is factual but time and time again they have shown it was just poor guesswork (Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics) and using modelling as though it is a perfect representation of the current state of affairs. Nobody on this planet (unless it’s a weapon) knows enough to safely ease this lockdown mess, it is pure Russian roulette.

This is without doubt the greatest social experiment in human history and in my opinion has only just started, the economy will not recover in any normal pre-virus sense, the agricultural impacts will cause immense hunger and loss of life (yes in the west we may avoid famine), supply chains will increasingly suffer from kinks where nobody even suspected kinks could occur.

If feel aggression both within countries and between countries will evolve over time and we will look back at the lockdown era as the happy days before the fall of humanity.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I feel the easing of lockdown will be more problematic than its introduction (and who ever thought you could stop the world from turning in the first place)

For one the masses have had to realise the solid ground they once stood upon can suffer liquefaction, the whole premise of safety and protection by the state dissolved almost overnight and like scared rabbits we have bolted to our homes. Even if the gov advised the masses to go back to normal I feel they would not, yes you will get the early adopters dive right in and get back to it but most will stand back to see if the early adopters die first.

The ‘Invisible Enemy’ is still little understood, how it transmits, how it may evolve, can we retain immunity once recovered, long term health effects, huge variance in symptoms, was it a weapon, would rushed vaccine be safe, who are the elite.

The endless drivel from ‘experts’ in the media changing their assertions like a girl changes cloths, they push the science as though it is factual but time and time again they have shown it was just poor guesswork (Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics) and using modelling as though it is a perfect representation of the current state of affairs. Nobody on this planet (unless it’s a weapon) knows enough to safely ease this lockdown mess, it is pure Russian roulette.

This is without doubt the greatest social experiment in human history and in my opinion has only just started, the economy will not recover in any normal pre-virus sense, the agricultural impacts will cause immense hunger and loss of life (yes in the west we may avoid famine), supply chains will increasingly suffer from kinks where nobody even suspected kinks could occur.

If feel aggression both within countries and between countries will evolve over time and we will look back at the lockdown era as the happy days before the fall of humanity.
Twaddle!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Its what i do best :)
""This is without doubt the greatest social experiment in human history. ""
No it isn't...it's a powerful, reaction to a threat.
We will deal with it!

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
What a dismal future!
I refused to allow Covid 19 make me feel like the future is dismal ! It is what it is and we will each make our own decisions about how safe we want to be .....wear mask ...wear gloves shopping ..simple !

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

lololololol hahahahaha no one stopped the world from turning you idiot ,

it not a lockdown are u being held as a prisoner is?. NO. you are free to walk the streets for n hour. your free to go fetch food. you are free to go to work where possable, our free to fetch medicines you require so your not locked down it a silly word to be using.
The other countries were locked down but we are not we not got armed police on streets . the word has been copied.
rest of ur statement is TWADDLE.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

An interesting post, with quite a few insightful comments.
When the schools do reopen (If the teachers allow it, I think they're hoping for the whole summer off), I wonder how many parents will keep their children at home (just in case)? especially as health experts are now looking at reports of coronavirus-related syndrome among children.

T

Tandy

lololololol hahahahaha no one stopped the world from turning you idiot ,

it not a lockdown are u being held as a prisoner is?. NO. you are free to walk the streets for n hour. your free to go fetch food. you are free to go to work where possable, our free to fetch medicines you require so your not locked down it a silly word to be using.
The other countries were locked down but we are not we not got armed police on streets . the word has been copied.
rest of ur statement is TWADDLE.

Yes we have permission to do a handful of things which obviously could not have been taken away from us, for instance without being allowed to fetch food we would all have died of starvation by now, without required drugs millions could die or require hospitalisation, without exercise again health would be severely impacted (prisoners are allowed exercise for this reason).

I fail to see how we are free in any sense but worse than this I fail to see how our freedoms will return. The only hope for the global population is a reliable vaccine but this would be years away at best, do you feel we can continue with economic collapse and lockdowns while we wait? Do you feel supply chains will hold up?

We live within a just-in-time global system, who is going to pick your fresh fruit and veg this year? You call me an idiot, that is fine it’s all you had in your arsenal but in this world of clever naysayers I am thrilled to be different.

T

Tandy

""This is without doubt the greatest social experiment in human history. ""
No it isn't...it's a powerful, reaction to a threat.
We will deal with it!

Yes it is without doubt a reaction to a problem, who could deny that but I cannot see how it will provide a solution. The hole we are in has been dug for many decades, we rely totally on global trade and our United Kingdom cannot survive (in a normal sense) without the delicate supply chains remaining intact (no man is an island etc)

I call it a social experiment because this has never been done before, the future is highly uncertain and experts are relying on the hindsight of modelling past figures which have been shown to be inaccurate. It is most definitely an experiment and obviously a social one, I am not suggesting it is the wrong action to take we simply do not know.

Yes we will deal with it right up until we don’t. This is the greatest clusterfcuk to hit humanity and a Disney fairy-tale ending where the hero banishes the invisible enemy back to whence it came is not a realistic outcome.

If you feel I am wrong please let me know how this virus can be put back in its box(globally) whilst retaining some freedom for the people (in a timeframe that will not cause a global mental health crisis on top). Remember just with Brexit (a very small global issue) we stockpiled meds and food, we planned for years and argued to extreme, we feared for the future of our country, there we stories of economic collapse and shortages etc but this is not a political problem this is a real world fear inducing virus that we know so little about. When will go back to shaking hands and offering free hugs to those in need?

T

Tandy

An interesting post, with quite a few insightful comments.
When the schools do reopen (If the teachers allow it, I think they're hoping for the whole summer off), I wonder how many parents will keep their children at home (just in case)? especially as health experts are now looking at reports of coronavirus-related syndrome among children.

This virus just keeps giving, it has so many symptoms. They find it affecting the digestive system, heart, lungs, brain, nervous system, blood, kidneys, liver and sperm to name just a few. The virus seems to have the ability to remain dormant with suggestion of reigniting of symptoms and transmissibility after months of dormancy (could be years like other viruses but too soon to say).

The testing for the virus is problematic and there are many experts saying that true accuracy of tests cannot be obtained and we do not have the ability to create a ‘Gold Standard’.

It is a very interesting social question as to whether parents will wish to put the lives of their children at risk and thus themselves. I’m sure some would take that risk from reading the reactions to my initial post here but when more time has passed and we learn more about this event those attitudes may change.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You fear too much. Our great nation has, in a sense, been here before. We survived. Not because of doomsters like you but because we did something about it.
We will probably, in time to come, treat Corona as we treat flu...as a bloody nuisance that requires a yearly jab.
Calm down dear, be patient. all will be well again, in time...until the next scare.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You fear too much. Our great nation has, in a sense, been here before. We survived. Not because of doomsters like you but because we did something about it.
We will probably, in time to come, treat Corona as we treat flu...as a bloody nuisance that requires a yearly jab.
Calm down dear, be patient. all will be well again, in time...until the next scare.

""Remember just with Brexit (a very small global issue) we stockpiled meds and food, we planned for years and argued to extreme, we feared for the future of our country.""

Who is this ;we;? We won, and again all will be well, despite the sad naysayers!

Back