Movies watched , reviewed and rated ➳ ➳ ➳

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
So for someone living alone i guess i find myself watching a lot of movies right now......

I can never decide what to watch and sometimes end up watching stuff and i wish i had not bothered ,

Please drop anything decent you have watched with a short review and a rating out of 10 if you wouldn't mind.

Any Film or Movie nothing else please ,

Thanks in advance :D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
1917 - (2019 WW1 War Drama) -

During World War I, two British soldiers -- Lance Cpl. Schofield and Lance Cpl. Blake -- receive seemingly impossible orders. In a race against time, they must cross over into enemy territory to deliver a message that could potentially save 1,600 of their fellow comrades -- including Blake's own brother.

Some good period scenes and touching in parts -
I like a decent war movie but this was fairly tame for me

7/10

berryfan333

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
So for someone living alone i guess i find myself watching a lot of movies right now......

I can never decide what to watch and sometimes end up watching stuff and i wish i had not bothered ,

Please drop anything decent you have watched with a short review and a rating out of 10 if you wouldn't mind.

Hacksaw Ridge - Glory - Oldboy (Korean subtitled) - The Chaser (korean subtitled) - Grizzly Man - Control - Let the right one in - Harry brown - Pans Labrinth are just a few of the great films ive seen.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Hacksaw Ridge - Glory - Oldboy (Korean subtitled) - The Chaser (korean subtitled) - Grizzly Man - Control - Let the right one in - Harry brown - Pans Labrinth are just a few of the great films ive seen.

Cool , thank you i will take a look :D

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've just got round to watching 'Parasite' today, a foreign language film that won the Oscar for best picture. It's by no means a bad film but it's better than 'Joker'.. '1917'.. 'Once upon a time in America'? It got me thinking....
What's the worst film to win the Oscar for best picture.? The first one to come to mind was 'The Hurt Locker' not a bad film but also not very realistic, but no, to me the clear winner, or loser! is the 1963 film 'Tom Jones', a most pretentious film.
6 /10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I've just got round to watching 'Parasite' today, a foreign language film that won the Oscar for best picture. It's by no means a bad film but it's better than 'Joker'.. '1917'.. 'Once upon a time in America'? It got me thinking....
What's the worst film to win the Oscar for best picture.? The first one to come to mind was 'The Hurt Locker' not a bad film but also not very realistic, but no, to me the clear winner, or loser! is the 1963 film 'Tom Jones', a most pretentious film.
6 /10

Tom Jones the Welsh singer guy ?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The movie 'Tom Jones' predates the singer Tom Jones's rise to stardom by a year or two. I think the film's title may well have been the inspiration for Tom's stage name.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

Well, I've just watched a film recommended to me in the Chatroom. I'd never heard of it before. It is called "The Devil's Mistress" - and is the story of a beautiful Czech actress, Lida Baarova who became Josef Goebbels' mistress. It's a long time since I was so moved by a film -- it is very powerful. Don't be put off by the fact it is a Czech language film (it's of course subtitled in English). 10 out of 10 for me, unless you don't like your emotions being tossed around like a small boat on a wild ocean!

berryfan333

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I've just watched a film recommended to me in the Chatroom. I'd never heard of it before. It is called "The Devil's Mistress" - and is the story of a beautiful Czech actress, Lida Baarova who became Josef Goebbels' mistress. It's a long time since I was so moved by a film -- it is very powerful. Don't be put off by the fact it is a Czech language film (it's of course subtitled in English). 10 out of 10 for me, unless you don't like your emotions being tossed around like a small boat on a wild ocean!
Sounds like my kinda film.. where could i find this film? i have netflix.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh I just used the Netflix "Search" menu option and found it that way by typing in the name of the film. You won't be disappointed..well I wasn't. Happy viewing!

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score

Have been binge watching TrueBlood the series on HBO . its an older series which i never found interesting but clearly my tastes have changed due to virus ! lol

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Shove your pay per view up yer arse .

Hmmmmm

Not heard of that movie but thank you anyway for your time and imput .......

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Have been binge watching TrueBlood the series on HBO . its an older series which i never found interesting but clearly my tastes have changed due to virus ! lol

Oh i have not got the patience to follow a series i never bother ,

I can manage a 2 hour movie without getting jumpy lol

Unless it's a 5 hour Nascar race then that's perfectly fine :D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
im watching poco loco doing donny bit of a horror :)

I hope you managed to get all the Egg goo from your hair ..........

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
WOW poco_loco has ad in his response ?! go figure

Back