Covid-19. Are we going about it all wrong?

B

Bad_Influence

It can't just be me but I think from a species point of view we are, globally speaking, dealing with this pandemic in the wrong way. For long term benefits we should have taken a short term hit.
We should have prevented anyone showing symptoms from going to hospital, and let the virus run its course. Yes we may have had to face up to a 20% loss of the world population, but let's all be honest, the globe is massively over-populated and nature will always find a way to balance things.
I know nobody wants to lose family and friends, but the vast majority of those who would be taken by Covid-19 are, to put it bluntly, on their way out anyhow.
The gains of this approach are numerous... Less financial strain on pensions, more food means less starving people in the world, more available housing, far less strain on the NHS and associated businesses, no disruption to the education system, more available jobs for those out of work, to name just a few.
As I have said, nature ALWAYS wins, and if we are to be arrogant enough as a species to believe we can carry on as we have done, then this virus will be drop in the ocean compared to what comes next.
This is only my opinion and I accept that many or most will call me uncaring / thoughtless / sociopathic or worse, but one thing is unquestionable... I AM a realist.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

ToughType

It can't just be me but I think from a species point of view we are, globally speaking, dealing with this pandemic in the wrong way. For long term benefits we should have taken a short term hit.
We should have prevented anyone showing symptoms from going to hospital, and let the virus run its course. Yes we may have had to face up to a 20% loss of the world population, but let's all be honest, the globe is massively over-populated and nature will always find a way to balance things.
I know nobody want's to lose family and friends, but the vast majority of those who would be taken by Covid-19 are, to put it bluntly, on their way out anyhow.
The gains of this approach are numerous... Less financial strain on pensions, more food means less starving people in the world, more available housing, far less strain on the NHS and associated businesses, no disruption to the education system, more available jobs for those out of work, to name just a few.
As I have said, nature ALWAYS wins, and if we are to be arrogant enough as a species to believe we can carry on as we have done, then this virus will be drop in the ocean compared to what comes next.
This is only my opinion and I accept that many or most will call me uncaring / thoughtless / sociopathic or worse, but one thing is unquestionable... I AM a realist.
you are a born leader i couldn't have put what u said any better , sad as it is to lose loved ones it has to be done

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Not like the 'Bit has to be done'.
no its not nature!!! was it ? man made in a lab?.. some put me right if i am wrong nicely mind you.

HeroesAreVillains

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I know nobody wants to lose family and friends, but the vast majority of those who would be taken by Covid-19 are, to put it bluntly, on their way out anyhow.

Lets just do away with all health care services and medicine too, as "nature always wins", so why bother?

Fcking simpleton.

HeroesAreVillains

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Thank you. Maybe you could elaborate on the reasoning behind your comment instead of just spewing insults like a spoilt child?

My posts are clear and straight forward, there's no need to elaborate.

They highlight perfectly how your thread here is merely just an expression of nothing but a seething bitter hatred of other people, and humanity in general, dressed up as some kind of justification for why lots of people ought to die.

You're just one of life's pathetic losers.

It's already too late. But it's 34 million years since the last ELE asteroid so we are due another.... bring it on and let Mother Nature try again without the scourge that is humanity.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The easiest and most sensible solution would would have been to just let the virus run its course. Herd immunity! which we're not hearing much about of late. but no politician would dare countenance that course of action, Imagine the opposition putting the boot in? " he's murdering people"! he'd be voted out at the next election. So instead, we have to go through all this palaver to save people, most of whom, already have one foot in the grave. No doubt, someone will be thinking, you wouldn't be saying that if it were your relative dying - getting personal to support their argument, yes, that old chestnut. :rolleyes:

B

Bad_Influence

My posts are clear and straight forward, there's no need to elaborate.

They highlight perfectly how your thread here is merely just an expression of nothing but a seething bitter hatred of other people, and humanity in general, dressed up as some kind of justification for why lots of people ought to die.

You're just one of life's pathetic losers.

I'm sorry you don't have even a residual grasp of reality. The fact that you can not explain WHY you disagree, and instead choose to insult me, merely proves that you don't have the mental capacity to discuss a topic in an adult manner.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's a lovely day out there. Anyone fancy a game of marbles?:p

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I think some fecker buried them in their plot just to confuse me. :D
Seems to me that if you wipe out all the old people you also wipe out their experience, knowledge and understanding of the human condition.
I reckon that any society that would sanction leaving their parents and grandparents to an early and unnecessary death would not be one I would want to live in.
Perhaps this is the answer you wanted?

HeroesAreVillains

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'm sorry you don't have even a residual grasp of reality. The fact that you can not explain WHY you disagree, and instead choose to insult me, merely proves that you don't have the mental capacity to discuss a topic in an adult manner.

Be as condescending and deflective as you like, you still didn't (can't) answer to what blew your thread apart:

Lets just do away with all health care services and medicine too as "nature always wins", so why bother?

Back