David Attenborough preaching

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Why do we listen to hypocritical old men in a hurry like Attenborough? What a pompous clown always droning on about global warming and we're all doomed, it's getting very tedious. He must have one of the largest carbon footprints of anyone alive today.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Future generations are likely to be doomed if we don't address global warming, caused by human activity, NOW!

B

Bad_Influence

It's already too late. But it's 34 million years since the last ELE asteroid so we are due another.... bring it on and let Mother Nature try again without the scourge that is humanity.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Why do we listen to hypocritical old men in a hurry like Attenborough? What a pompous clown always droning on about global warming and we're all doomed, it's getting very tedious. He must have one of the largest carbon footprints of anyone alive today.

it's pretty much the same story for all academics and scientists in the media spotlight they ideologues to a certain degree they know they can only speak with the status quo (global warming is gonna kill us we need more of your money to save us) as if you speak out or have a theory against it you will be exiled from the media spotlight and educational institutions like all the scientists that have rational theories as to why global warming is a natural occurrence

natural wobbles in the earths orbit and changes in distances either slightly closer or further from the sun have always caused fluctuations of earth's temperature (ice age ect) throughout history global warming to me is a complete scam for tax dollars from citizens. They never fine industry or corporations that would be the main cause of this so called 'global warming' or other forms of environmental damage.

It's the celebs and media academics that preach about global warming and overcrowding the most whilst they are the ones with 5 houses , fly around on private jets and talk down to the man on the street as to why they shouldn't leave the tap running whilst having a shave

Don't be surprised if it's a new hate crime in a few years for being a ''global warming denier'' things are already feeling dystopian enough as it already is

Last edited:
B

badly

He's an opinionated old fool.
I had enough listening to his obsessive evolution tosh decades ago.
Why does anyone believe anything he says anymore?.
The Met Office has confirmed there has been no global warming for eighteen years. The IPPC has confirmed the earth has been cooling for two years. The university of Stockholm registers no sea level rise from Roman times.
Credibility' is certainly missing.
Global warming hoax.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I once found a half-eaten worm in my garden and being a pt-time eco warrior I decided to nurse it back to health, which wasn't easy, have you ever
tried putting a splint on a worm? it's hard to tell one end from the other. It would have made a great film along the lines of 'Born Free'. So I emailed that Attenborough bloke some photos of the patched up worm to see if he had any interest in its plight but was shocked that he didn't even bother to reply. So much for him caring about the environment, because If you're familiar with the 'butterfly effect' saving that worm could one day end up saving the planet.

Buggleskelly

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
he was on radio 4 asking if we should be having all these new year eve firework displays around the world. not good for the planet. the money might be better spent else where might have a point.

B

Bad_Influence

he was on radio 4 asking if we should be having all these new year eve firework displays around the world. not good for the planet. the money might be better spent else where might have a point.

If we spend all money 'wasted' on fun and entertainment surely there's no point having a world to save? Life NEEDS a reason to smile and celebrate sometimes.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
If we spend all money 'wasted' on fun and entertainment surely there's no point having a world to save? Life NEEDS a reason to smile and celebrate sometimes.

Life...! Life need's NO reason to do ANYTHING but Reproduce. . Life IS...Life.

In all the forms that we observe today.

Humans may need some sort of Celebration. Life Doesn't.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Piers Corbyn(brother of Jeremy Corbyn) is a Climate Scientist. There's a significant difference between what a celebrity tells you about Climate change, and what an actual scientist with statistics to back up his thorough analysis on the subject.
The late David Bellamy was ostracised by the BBC because he didn't tow the line of this Climate Change debate. I think it's become silly really. Instead of solutions to these problems, i see loons gluing their bits to the pavement, handcuffing themselves to trains, and gaining criminal records for daft public actions. Those kinds of people who disrupt every day people's lives, will certainly not have public support on their side.

Xax50

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I am of the opinion climate change is cause by humans activity. We need to do something to halt it very soon or we are all doomed.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am of the opinion climate change is cause by humans activity. We need to do something to halt it very soon or we are all doomed.

Piers Corbyn has called that out to be untrue. He states that it's not a man-made issue.

In 2008 Corbyn stated that "CO2 has never driven, does not drive and never will drive weather or climate. Global warming is over and it never was anything to do with CO2. CO2 is still rising but the world is now cooling and will continue to do so."

Corbyn's been a heavy critic of the Climate Change debate for decades now. Unfortunately though, anyone who disagrees with Climate Change is silenced and ridiculed. David Bellamy was one of those people who were silenced because he had a different view to this topic.

My opinion is that Climate Change has been happening since the dawn of time. It's something that we can not fully control. I don't think switching to driving fancy electrical cars are going to help either. But saying that, the UK is not the worst place for attempting to change. India and China are the worst offenders for pollution.

Last edited:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ever heard of 'Solar Lull' theory?
Many scientists believe that the sun operates in roughly 100 year cycles. At the moment we are moving into a lull period where the sun becomes less effective.
Been like this forever! ;)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

David Bellamy was blackballed for his views on Climate Change. It even ended his career on TV because his views didn't match a certain agenda.

"All of the work dried up after that. I was due to start another series with the BBC but that didn't go anywhere, and the other side [ITV] didn't want to know. I was shunned. They didn't want to hear the other side." But does he still believe he is right? "Absolutely. It is not happening at all, but if you get the idea that people's children will die because of CO2 they fall for it."

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Extinction Rebellion are happy about this Corona thing, what with industry shutting down, pollution levels have dropped considerably.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Extinction Rebellion are happy about this Corona thing, what with industry shutting down, pollution levels have dropped considerably.
And the streets and Market places are strangely empty and quiet.
Busses pass by with no people, and I can hear the birdsong.

Back