The Corona thing

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Seems our choices now are to go out...and die...or stay in and starve....Hmmmmm!
:eek:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Back on subject...… are we being too lackadaisical in our approach to Coronavirus?
Many other countries have closed borders, stopped transport, enforced isolation, and as an extreme,,, in N Korea they shot their first Corona suspect.
We are allowing bus and train and plane-loads of people who may have been in contact with a carrier, in to our country, and we are not even making a list of who they are...(James O'Brian, this am).
Getting worried?

The consequence of a irresponsible immigration policy. If we let masses of people in unchecked of their medical backgrounds, we then do run the risk of bringing serious viruses into the country that could very well devastate people and their families. God knows what Europe has due to the Freedom Of Movement policy. There are always negatives and positives.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The consequence of a irresponsible immigration policy. If we let masses of people in unchecked of their medical backgrounds, we then do run the risk of bringing serious viruses into the country that could very well devastate people and their families. God knows what Europe has due to the Freedom Of Movement policy. There are always negatives and positives.
Don't think we can hang Corona on recent immigrants. Came from a snake, I heard.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Don't think we can hang Corona on recent immigrants. Came from a snake, I heard.

Perhaps not, but all I'm saying is that there are more deadlier things out there that we don't know about that unchecked people coming in could be carrying. This is why i think stricter medical background checks are a benefit for everyone health wise.

A

AGirlHasNoName

The thing about COVID-19 is that its practically impossible to contain UNLESS nobody is allowed to fly/train/boat etc into the UK. Every single case in the UK was brought in from badly affected countries, it was going to start spreading from person to person here because people are morons and don't self isolate and just walk into a&e/GP with symptoms, knowing full well how bad this could be. Unfortunately travel into the UK, until this has settled down, will not be stopped, because of the dent it would make to our Economy. However, I'm not sure what the pros and cons are figure wise between the loss of tourism etc / how much it will cost the NHS and other services if this became much worse. Really we should be banning people from flying in from China, Italy and other badly affected places, that and people using their brains (too much to ask) by not going into public places a&e etc, washing their hands, using hand gel, AND COVERING THEIR DAMN MOUTHS WHEN COUGHING/SNEEZING. Not gonna happen though.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Perhaps not, but all I'm saying is that there are more deadlier things out there that we don't know about that unchecked people coming in could be carrying. This is why i think stricter medical background checks are a benefit for everyone health wise.
Well...people are really taking care! The box pile of CORONA LAGERS in my local supermart are still there, untouched since last Friday.
WTAB?

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What Covid-19 has shown me this far is this: that in the event of a real crisis, this country can't / won't cope. Also, that people are beyond selfish. Today, a woman told me that when she mentioned to a loudly coughing woman that she should cover her mouth, she replied, 'Oh, we'll all get this virus anyway'. (!)

I stupidly imagine that in hard times, people would pop round to elderly (and not so-) neighbours and check they still had provisions, etc. Now I know to the contrary. It's time for 'I'm all right, Jack' and practically looting shops. I PROMISE I don't have a massive stockpile of food; I will be able to source vegetables etc. without going near shops and I have plenty of flour for the bread maker. I WILL be asking people if they are ok for milk and bread and so on if shops continue to be unable to restock (as they seem to be now). I am rather annoyed with us all.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
oh shoot me now i be very selfish unless your close family ya not getting near me .I am NOT even checking on neighbours they dont bother me i dont bother as rule,
i got plenty milk and bread my shopping slots been booked in advance for yonks, my cupboards are well stocked , soups and pasta , i can cook a meal for family if they get stuck with me . well stocked freezer too.

so me me me oh yes,

B

Bad_Influence

What Covid-19 has shown me this far is this: that in the event of a real crisis, this country can't / won't cope. Also, that people are beyond selfish. Today, a woman told me that when she mentioned to a loudly coughing woman that she should cover her mouth, she replied, 'Oh, we'll all get this virus anyway'. (!)

I stupidly imagine that in hard times, people would pop round to elderly (and not so-) neighbours and check they still had provisions, etc. Now I know to the contrary. It's time for 'I'm all right, Jack' and practically looting shops. I PROMISE I don't have a massive stockpile of food; I will be able to source vegetables etc. without going near shops and I have plenty of flour for the bread maker. I WILL be asking people if they are ok for milk and bread and so on if shops continue to be unable to restock (as they seem to be now). I am rather annoyed with us all.

The only surprising thing is that you're surprised. You only have to look at this place, or any social media, to see people in general (not all, but increasingly most) only care about themselves. They all want their opinions to be listened to above anyone else, their needs are more important, the world owes them fame and fortune and they moan on FB, Twatter or Instagrump if they aren't heard. Society is crumbling and I don't see it getting any better while we have a generation with the mindset it does now. :(

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
oh shoot me now i be very selfish unless your close family ya not getting near me .I am NOT even checking on neighbours they dont bother me i dont bother as rule,
i got plenty milk and bread my shopping slots been booked in advance for yonks, my cupboards are well stocked , soups and pasta , i can cook a meal for family if they get stuck with me . well stocked freezer too.

so me me me oh yes,
Well, I have usual stocks too - I think we're only well-organised - but no more than usual is what I mean!

L

lucianthp

Jonathon Pie. Coronavirus : Survival of the Richest (Please be warned there's a bit of swearing, but I love this character)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Went to Lidl today this morning at 10, when it opened, just to get a few bits, not to stock up! The car park was full, this is clearly going to get worse :(

Mousepatch

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I am locked in at my parents house as I have been mums carer for the last 6 months while she underwent treatment for leukemia. Now she is cancer free, but still very vulnerable due to the stem cell transplant she had. All I can do is hope that people start to think about others and stay in so we can stop this thing. The longer they keep going out, the longer we will have to stay in hoping that we can get a supermarket delivery before the food runs out.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am locked in at my parents house as I have been mums carer for the last 6 months while she underwent treatment for leukemia. Now she is cancer free, but still very vulnerable due to the stem cell transplant she had. All I can do is hope that people start to think about others and stay in so we can stop this thing. The longer they keep going out, the longer we will have to stay in hoping that we can get a supermarket delivery before the food runs out.

Look to your local council web site for help they had pointers to where u can get help.
or your local social services. .

Back