Banned.....

MisterMerlin

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
#YoungAtHeart: Cannot Join Room (You're Banned)

Haven't been in said room since last weekend.....

What the f*$k is going on??

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

I don't know but Im probably banned there too for no reason

Last edited:

MisterMerlin

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Just

Just tried logging in again... Same result. And so my original question remains...

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What's the point of that?

I am trying to find out why there is a ban in place.....
If you got in as a guests would have proved you can and it was for another reason,, If you havent been here a while this may have happened a couple of weeks ago when everyone was banned cos chat went arse upwards

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I was just wondering how and why anyone gets banned in chat.......sounds so childish to me.

R

retiremunter

I don't know but Im probably banned there too for no reason
Ive just asked a question about blocking mods and been banned. Hollie is becoming hitler...I ask her to verify a comment she made about us being banned if we block a mod, I dont agree with Paula/Hester and silk being mods, they are power hungry, so I asked the other night if I can block them to be told no, I ask Hollie to verify it in a room and im kicked out, WHAT can you ask..... WHAT can you discuss besides rolling joints and periods????

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have never understood the reason for banning anyone from a chat site. I have only heard of pub and club bans due to misbehaviour in them so that the real life customers can enjoy without trouble.... but chat is totally different. No one is real, and peeps just talk rubbish as they cannot be identified in fact thats probably the reason they do it. So long as defamation and discrimination is not used I cant see the point in administering a Ban ...........all pretty childish and stoopid to me. LOL :cool:

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Ive just asked a question about blocking mods and been banned. Hollie is becoming hitler...I ask her to verify a comment she made about us being banned if we block a mod, I dont agree with Paula/Hester and silk being mods, they are power hungry, so I asked the other night if I can block them to be told no, I ask Hollie to verify it in a room and im kicked out, WHAT can you ask..... WHAT can you discuss besides rolling joints and periods????
I dont know

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have never understood the reason for banning anyone from a chat site. I have only heard of pub and club bans due to misbehaviour in them so that the real life customers can enjoy without trouble.... but chat is totally different. No one is real, and peeps just talk rubbish as they cannot be identified in fact thats probably the reason they do it. So long as defamation and discrimination is not used I cant see the point in administering a Ban ...........all pretty childish and stoopid to me. LOL :cool:
I understand banning if someone gave a reason to be banned but I never did. I have never understood the reason for banning anyone for no reason.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
....... but is there ever any reason Mac and if so wat would it be?

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh well you know I dont ban unless absolutely essential lol. :rolleyes:

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I replied to your post earlier but seeing as you wish to take it further let me enlighten the readers

Earlier today there was yet again another argument in YaH reguardng this Connie/Hester situation.
At the time there was approximately 40 people in the room.
Because I felt everyone had the right to be heard, I did not ban anyone, I did not kick anyone nor did I mute anyone.
However (and this will be borne out by those in there) having let those who wanted to have there say over quite a length of time, the opportunity to do so...................(thank you btw to all those who messaged me saying how patient I had been and so polite in asking for the arguing to stop etc and for letting everyone have their say)

I then asked very nicely and patiently for the chatters concerned to please stop as enough room disruption had happened.
I was ignored.
I then asked several more times again very nicely asking them to please stop.
I was still ignored.
I at this point did say in the room that action would be taken if it did not stop immediately

For what ever reason, retiremunter, decided that she was going to carry on ignoring my request completely.

I did NOT want to do a ban, and felt that removing her from the foray would both assist in calming the room AND prevent a more serious action needing to be taken. The fact that the action showed the word "banned" is an automated programmed one and not a word that i can change. Within a very very short time both her and another chatter were able to chat again in the room. ( about 6 minutes I believe)

The question (again can be confirmed by those in the room at the time) regarding blocking mods was FULLY answered by myself very clearly.

The fact that you dislike the "AOL" mods has been apparent for a long time and shown itself through remarks most unbecoming.
Mods do get a lot of abuse from various quarters and for various reasons, and, when we do make a mistake its understandable to be cross about it.

BUT

You do NOT have a god given right, to come onto this site and behave in a manner that is completely against the rules and then have the audacity to accuse them of being power hungry when they do an action because you have flagrantly ignored either requests from mods and/or the site rules.

YOU are in charge of your actions, not me, not anyone else .... YOU. So try taking responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming me .... IF you break the rules then expect an action to happen and if it does, don't come running into the forum badmouthing me, calling me Hitler (One doesn't look good, trying to make others look bad!).

Just as an aside you were not removed because you asked me a question, you were removed because you refused to stop causing more room disturbance.

Thank you.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I was just wondering how and why anyone gets banned in chat.......sounds so childish to me.
Someone thinking I'm a spammer is also childish. I was told a few times I'm not banned. What is that ban message then?

You were disconnected from the server by ukchat.com.

Reason: Banned: You have been flagged as a spammer/scammer. VPNs are not allowed. Countries known for spam are also blocked.

R

retiremunter

I replied to your post earlier but seeing as you wish to take it further let me enlighten the readers

Earlier today there was yet again another argument in YaH reguardng this Connie/Hester situation.
At the time there was approximately 40 people in the room.
Because I felt everyone had the right to be heard, I did not ban anyone, I did not kick anyone nor did I mute anyone.
However (and this will be borne out by those in there) having let those who wanted to have there say over quite a length of time, the opportunity to do so...................(thank you btw to all those who messaged me saying how patient I had been and so polite in asking for the arguing to stop etc and for letting everyone have their say)

I then asked very nicely and patiently for the chatters concerned to please stop as enough room disruption had happened.
I was ignored.
I then asked several more times again very nicely asking them to please stop.
I was still ignored.
I at this point did say in the room that action would be taken if it did not stop immediately

For what ever reason, retiremunter, decided that she was going to carry on ignoring my request completely.

I did NOT want to do a ban, and felt that removing her from the foray would both assist in calming the room AND prevent a more serious action needing to be taken. The fact that the action showed the word "banned" is an automated programmed one and not a word that i can change. Within a very very short time both her and another chatter were able to chat again in the room. ( about 6 minutes I believe)

The question (again can be confirmed by those in the room at the time) regarding blocking mods was FULLY answered by myself very clearly.

The fact that you dislike the "AOL" mods has been apparent for a long time and shown itself through remarks most unbecoming.
Mods do get a lot of abuse from various quarters and for various reasons, and, when we do make a mistake its understandable to be cross about it.

BUT

You do NOT have a god given right, to come onto this site and behave in a manner that is completely against the rules and then have the audacity to accuse them of being power hungry when they do an action because you have flagrantly ignored either requests from mods and/or the site rules.

YOU are in charge of your actions, not me, not anyone else .... YOU. So try taking responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming me .... IF you break the rules then expect an action to happen and if it does, don't come running into the forum badmouthing me, calling me Hitler (One doesn't look good, trying to make others look bad!).

Just as an aside you were not removed because you asked me a question, you were removed because you refused to stop causing more room disturbance.

Thank you.
Hollie let me enlighten the readers as well.. I made a comment i then left the comments as 'others' were discussing it, I was then saying in the room that i am not allowed to block mods, a font told me you are, to which i then asked you to step in,(which you didnt!) I asked you twice to clarify, I was banned.... Only 2 of us were taken out of the room when there were plenty of others discussing the connie situation, so please do not come on here and make me out to be something im not, I have the decency to pm you and to try and discuss issues with you as you are the ONLY mod that answers when we have issues.... I thought if you were a mod you should ALL help and THAT again is a problem with the likes of silk and paula. There is a issue on the site and whether you like it or not and regardless of how well they mod in YOUR eyes, they do not answer when issues arise, because they have a history .They dont even answer the members they dislike in the room. Thats the reason you have a problem. I was a guide on AOL and we HAD to help ALL ...history or not...we were not allowed to whisper sexual comments , which have been seen by the whole room, we were not allowed to be blatantly rude, the guides and hosts were respected and were anonymous. I actually had a chat with you about this and told you that you would have an issue over it, or has that slipped your mind? I will own what I say, and I will take a ban if I feel It was deserved. It seems to me that this site is a case of if ya font fits you can do what you like...
EXAMPLE again!!!! i was banned the other day for sexual content, rightly so after a chat about it.... LAST NIGHT in the yah room....sexual content, drug chat.... nothing done.... surely a blind bat can see that that doesnt look too clever .

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
hi peeps i am back what have i missed?.

shaz1970xx

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
ooh why is it the room clown lufctillidie can tell me to " hush my gums " thats fine who is he to tell another chatter to hush i asked silkinthemist to put him straight and she said its fine BUT when i say it bk to silk she offended and mutes me ???

Back