Stopped smoking

Velvet

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
If im a moody cow for a few weeks im saying sorry now. Any ideas welcome. 2nd day and its fking hard !!!! Rant over

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If im a moody cow for a few weeks im saying sorry now. Any ideas welcome. 2nd day and its fking hard !!!! Rant over
well 1st of all congrats for takening the step of stopping i found drink oj 1st thing in morning helps, i had help with patches off NHS . my sister stopped with help of nic tabs but she got addicted to them .
i am now heading into my 14 year of smake free and i dont miss smoking .avoid places where ppl smoke walk away from them not into them or ur lapse and smoke again.
i wish all the best , and good luck

Velvet

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much guys for taking time to reply. Ill just be the crazy lady for few weeks lol x

Velvet

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Have you anything ya can think of ??? Lol

* looks at you tilted head*

Velvet

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Well let them ideas out!!

Ok this is longest if done so far. The mornings seem to harder im thinking of stopping coffee :mad: Yes still feeling like the crazy lady but the crazy lady that hasnt give in :D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Don't give in to your crazy lady lol. Think of it as your inner child throwing a tantrum because you're not allowing to get its own way.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well let them ideas out!!

Ok this is longest if done so far. The mornings seem to harder im thinking of stopping coffee :mad: Yes still feeling like the crazy lady but the crazy lady that hasnt give in :D

drink orange juice of morning before coffee.
try new hobby knitting . sewing ,
have fruit at hand to eat instead of the 'fag' [ carrot sticks apple slices.pineapple.]

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
Thank you so much guys for taking time to reply. Ill just be the crazy lady for few weeks lol x
I stopped smoking 10 years ago.
I found the actual craving for a ciggie lasted 3 minutes so i made a point of doing something else for 3 minutes. once you get past the craving the hardest part then is the habit, when u would normally have one etc once u get past that you conquered it. I also found extra mints (sugar free) to help with the need for a cig after you eat.
Well done for taking the step to stop. Keep it up and good luck.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I am so glad I have never smoked, nor has my husband or children. My late parents didn't smoke, nor do my siblings. No one has ever been permitted to smoke in our home.

Now people know the dangers of smoking it is daft if they take it up, or continue to do so, credit to those who do manage to give up the awful habit.

A neighbour of ours smoked in his youth, but gave it up some years ago. Sadly it still affected his health and he died of lung cancer last year.:eek:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Humans smoking is such an ANTI humane thing to do. Why would ANYONE willingly ingest a narcotic into their body?

They not only harm their health... they ACTUALLY PAY TO DO IT..!!

That's not a smart thing to do.

I still have shares in BAT...;)

Keep puffing...:D

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am going to start smoking. Then I am going to stop, thus saving loads of money and lowering my risk of cancer and heart disease. I have this sussed.o_O

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
hi how you doing? not given in to having smoke i hope.

Azzbo

Staff member
Reaction score
The worst thing about quitting smoking is dealing with all the judgemental pricks after you start smoking again

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The worst thing about quitting smoking is dealing with all the judgemental pricks after you start smoking again
I never judge anyone trying to give up took me three goes and a challenge from another smoker who was trying to give up as well , was a case i beat you but we both did it .

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Good luck .

When and if you want to shift the excess three stone , PM me .

Back