UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 OR 8 TO WINDOWS 10

G

Greatscott

i'm creating this this due to the fact that microsoft is ending support and updates for windows 7 on the 14th January 2020. When Microsoft released Windows 10, there was a period where users with a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 could upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Microsoft ended the free upgrade program a long time ago, however, With the end of Windows 7 around the corner, users have once again found a way to get a free upgrade to Windows 10. so to put vit in laymans terms if you download a tool called WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL, i am including a video which will explain in detail how to complete the process on windows 7, 8 or 8.1. i hope some of you find this thread helpful.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I never agree with these upgrades,

Windows 10 works better on touchscreens tbf ,

If you have an older laptop i would suggest Windows 7 is probably more suited to it.

Just my thoughts Scotty ya lemon :D

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm still running Windows Vista, the lack of support/updates from Microsoft hasn't been detrimental to my internet experience.

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
Chances are that you'll sit for hours waiting for the installation only then to be told not enough memory, so ya best bet it is to either buy a new lappy/pc or continue using the windows you already have.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Chances are that you'll sit for hours waiting for the installation only then to be told not enough memory, so ya best bet it is to either buy a new lappy/pc or continue using the windows you already have.

Pretty much what i said ;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Windows 10 is pretty shocking.. I have it on a couple of systems. It's extremely unreliable and keeps updating every 5 minutes.!

It's pretty much a loaded version of the Xbox One Console system.

And as Poco says, it's more suited to touch screens.

Windows 7 is the most stable version of Windows I know of. (One of my systems has win 7 and apart from the service pack, it has NEVER been updated and it runs Perfectly.!

The updates are More a 'Information Gathering Exercise' on a grand scale..;)

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Its only old offal nobody wants

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Are you Priscilla of the desert?( aussie movie )

Back