White Poppy

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Now now, be nice. One of my favourite comedians is female. Aisling Bea is gorgeous... and mildly amusing too. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p

Oh dear, you are just digging yourself a deeper hole there lol

I will sit back and wait for the feminists to swarm :D:D:D:D:D

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
awww didn't realise that you were a poet :p

Now rhyme something with orange :D:D:D

The Blorenge, a mountain in south Wales, UK. It overlooks Abergavenny.

Last edited:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Well done Silver star for you :) ... it would have been a Gold star if not for the spelling mistake.. It's The Blorenge tsk tsk :D:D:D

A 'Fcukyou Orange'...Found here.... right now...;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yet another thread hijacked by the usual suspects ^^^^^^^, but returning to the original subject. . .

Did anyone see on the news yesterday that moron in Manchester setting off fireworks during the two minutes silence, what's the thinking behind something like that? at times i struggle to understand human nature. Whilst not agreeing with the ugly scenes that followed of the crowd trying to get at him I can appreciate the strength of feeling.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yet another thread hijacked by the usual suspects ^^^^^^^, but returning to the original subject. . .

Did anyone see on the news yesterday that moron in Manchester setting off fireworks during the two minutes silence, what's the thinking behind something like that? at times i struggle to understand human nature. Whilst not agreeing with the ugly scenes that followed of the crowd trying to get at him I can appreciate the strength of feeling.
The moron was a homeless person i think i read this morning

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I assume you indicate me as a hijacker. If you remember, or f you don't you can scroll back, I was the first to respond to this thread with very clear and heartfelt opinions on your view regarding white poppies... There are only two posters here that only made "hijack" comments and several of us that made lighthearted comments (admittedly off subject) as the conversation progressed.

But back to the subject in hand, sadly it wasn't an isolated incident and not only during Remembrance silences.. There were incidents a few years ago with protesters defacing a War Monument in Whitehall... These idiots have no idea that they only have the freedoms today because of the actions and and sacrifices made by others in the past and present.

Yet another reason to keep the Poppy Red and the message given loud and clear.. LEST WE FORGET

Reaction score
I read something about someone who was in the second great war who didn't wear a poppy, he saw it as a load of tosh. Which I can understand these days, reading comments from people who don't really seem to appreciate just how bad bad can be. Many people I know won't talk about it, it being that difficult to remember. Just because people don't follow the crowd doesn't mean they don't care.

23244518_10154724959175670_4431550923523011272_n.jpg

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I read something about someone who was in the second great war who didn't wear a poppy, he saw it as a load of tosh. Which I can understand these days, reading comments from people who don't really seem to appreciate just how bad bad can be. Many people I know won't talk about it, it being that difficult to remember. Just because people don't follow the crowd doesn't mean they don't care.

View attachment 1514
My Dad wont talk about it at all , he died at young age of 54 1972, Was not till after he passed away that my Mother opened up and told us what he gone through .
He was a prisoner of war but then 'the yanks' freed them he went on with them to 'help' out if he could the horrors he saw never left him so my mother told us if he was staring into the fire she tell us to hush we never knew why . But now we do . So i dont care about what colour your poppy will be mine will always be RED...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The moron was a homeless person i think i read this morning
Well, he's not homeless anymore, he's pleaded guilty to a public order offence and been sentenced to 16 weeks imprisonment. British justice can be swift when it wants to be. . . 16 weeks does seem a tad excessive given the non custodial sentences handed out to some violent offenders, but no doubt some will think hanging would be too good for him. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
My Dad wont talk about it at all , he died at young age of 54 1972, Was not till after he passed away that my Mother opened up and told us what he gone through .
He was a prisoner of war but then 'the yanks' freed them he went on with them to 'help' out if he could the horrors he saw never left him so my mother told us if he was staring into the fire she tell us to hush we never knew why . But now we do . So i dont care about what colour your poppy will be mine will always be RED...

Sometimes silence speaks more than words.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
As a pacifist my poppy will always be white, I will wear it with considerable pride and if anyone in the street hassles me they'll get a punch up the bracket.

fionauk

i am as i am but diff
Reaction score
yes buy the red poppy. but the government showed pay for those in the armed forces not a charity and those that need help

Back