When is it okay to use the C word????

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Early October and stores all over the UK are rapidly filing their shelves with the usual Halloween tat, closely rivalled by the plethora of Christmas "must haves" that nobody actually needs.
When I was a child I'm sure Christmas wasn't even thought about until after the 5th November and we'd had our fill of Standards Fireworks ads and shocking Safety films about why you should never throw fireworks or pick up a spent sparkler by the wrong end.

Oh and for the Bah Humbugs and Grinches on here, NEVER is not a useful answer lol.

B

Bad_Influence

Early October and stores all over the UK are rapidly filing their shelves with the usual Halloween tat, closely rivalled by the plethora of Christmas "must haves" that nobody actually needs.
When I was a child I'm sure Christmas wasn't even thought about until after the 5th November and we'd had our fill of Standards Fireworks ads and shocking Safety films about why you should never throw fireworks or pick up a spent sparkler by the wrong end.

Oh and for the Bah Humbugs and Grinches on here, NEVER is not a useful answer lol.

Not fecking ever. :D
OR if it is really necessary I suppose I'd allow use of the 'C' word between 23rd and 26th December. And that's being generous. :):):):)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Totally agree with you xmas is not thought of in this house till after 24th Nove. to many biffdays before then.
My Dad used to love both fireworks and xmas , but never planned for xmas till he had his rockets and sparklers. [ he secretly store our xmas presents in local shop paying for them from August as there was so many of us we never knew till after he died how he did it].

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Totally agree with you xmas is not thought of in this house till after 24th Nove. to many biffdays before then.
My Dad used to love both fireworks and xmas , but never planned for xmas till he had his rockets and sparklers. [ he secretly store our xmas presents in local shop paying for them from August as there was so many of us we never knew till after he died how he did it].

He sounds a lovely man megs.. my mum used to pay for things weekly ready to pick up xmas too, something I only found out when I was older..I wonder if people still have Christmas clubs.
Bonfire night was such fun when I was a kid, now I moan because my hounds get scared when fireworks go off lol.... Thinking I may make some toffee apples soon :D:D

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
He sounds a lovely man megs.. my mum used to pay for things weekly ready to pick up xmas too, something I only found out when I was older..I wonder if people still have Christmas clubs.
Bonfire night was such fun when I was a kid, now I moan because my hounds get scared when fireworks go off lol.... Thinking I may make some toffee apples soon :D:D

Think its the time that we was brought up inget my gist . we use a plug in Adaptil to help calm hound.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Think its the time that we was brought up inget my gist . we use a plug in Adaptil to help calm hound.

Lmao, yes we are both of an age lol... I use Bach Pet Rescue Remedy if it's really bad ( on the hounds not me :p )

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Please do not use the "C" word

I am a little b**** and get offended easily.

Thanks.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Please do not use the "C" word

I am a little b**** and get offended easily.

Thanks.
Many apologies... To prevent further offence, may I suggest that you close your eyes and hum a nice tune, although I'm guessing Jingle Bells wouldn't be a good idea :D:D:D

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
NO heart with any of you! ya know I work in retail! No Chrismtmas trees up yet lol

" No Christmas tree up yet " I am shocked and appalled at the lack of commitment to the festive season shown by your retail establishment :D:D:p

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Many apologies... To prevent further offence, may I suggest that you close your eyes and hum a nice tune, although I'm guessing Jingle Bells wouldn't be a good idea :D:D:D

I will not close my eyes for 1 second with you lunatics.

Nice try ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Roasted Chestnuts are lovely.

That's an English tradition i like ..........

Back