Homeless Vagrants .....

C

CatFromHell

I just wish they would learn to talk properly ,

I just walk around nodding with an urge to be polite like.....

Brizzle ? lol
I didn't actually talk to anyone, I would have probably punched them (or at least imagined doing so) if I had :)

C

CatFromHell

After a late finish at work last night i decided i would stay the night as i sometimes do.

Long story short , i did my rounds locking up and checking things over etc,
As i got to my last check which is a fire escape stairwell that is not really used i noticed the fire door exit had been forced open.

After taking a closer look i noticed that some homeless guys had broken in and had set up camp in the cove at the bottom of the stairwell ,

They were smoking and injecting all kinds of sh**,

On my approach i was greeted with "Fcuk Off" as well as a disgusting smell of piss aftershave !!!

Police were called and all taken care of (eventually)

Repair bill will exceed £700 as a new door/frame is required , trust me our business is small and this hurts!

More to the point though is this ,

In an age of Hybrid cars and Nike owned high streets can't something be done ??

I mean are we just ignoring these poor (Way off track people) ?????

They are humans and we need a plan.

Our streets are crawling with homeless junkies while we sleep and that saddens me no end.

Fcuking annoyed too.

Twats.
Bit late but would insurance not cover that? Like, what's the excess?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Bit late but would insurance not cover that? Like, what's the excess?

It's just not worth the premium increase tbh ,

Insurance is also big business and geared toward larger claims only.

I might take a look at it but i'm just glad its repaired with a much more modern sturdier effort.

C

CatFromHell

It's just not worth the premium increase tbh ,

Insurance is also big business and geared toward larger claims only.

I might take a look at it but i'm just glad its repaired with a much more modern sturdier effort.
Yeah actually I've only ever made one insurance claim and they tried to put my monthly payments up by over £100 afterwards. Needless to say I declined.

J

jenny

It's so cheap that's the issue and seems to have an effect of users smoking to much and their bodies completely shut down ,

Causing death in some cases as the heart fails.

"The Undead"

Horrific.
Skunk cannabis causes long term probs , I can vouch for that :(

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Skunk cannabis causes long term probs , I can vouch for that :(

Agreed but it effects people differently
Used properly it can be advantageous for some,
I know this as I've used it for muscle and nerve damage caused by a traffic accident and from my work.

It is not a physical addiction either its in your mind.

Drugs like spice and crack cocaine or Heroin are far more serious.

The medicine I was subscribed for my injuries made me very ill to a point where I was bleeding out.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Some of these people choose to live this way ,given alternatives they still prefer the streets , some don't .... It can't be difficult to provide shelter , counselling , if required, medical help and just a caring non judgemental attitude to these vulnerable people ?? Mental health issues happen it's lucky if you have support from family, devastating/ critical if you don't !
This is correct...most of these people couldn't look after a home. They prefer to live in squalor, in fact many have probably been evicted because of that. They are what used to be called, 'layabouts'. The language they used shows clearly what sort of people they are. If they are content to live that way, fine, but decent people should not have to put up with them, they should be banned from town centres.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This is correct...most of these people couldn't look after a home. They prefer to live in squalor, in fact many have probably been evicted because of that. They are what used to be called, 'layabouts'. The language they used shows clearly what sort of people they are. If they are content to live that way, fine, but decent people should not have to put up with them, they should be banned from town centres.

Wow, the milk of human kindness is certainly not flowing here is it....
While there will always be those that "chose" to live this way, it's not the case for the vast majority of homeless in the UK. Care in the community, although a good idea in principle, means a lot of people with mental health issues are abandoned by the system. Mental Health Care is decimated beyond belief, especially in youth services.
Do kids that have been abused by parents, those in the care system, LGBT youths that are evicted from home at age 18, ex servicemen/women suffering PTSD and associated addiction problems to name a few also fall into your category of the homeless that "decent people should not have to put up with" and "should be banned from town centres".......

#WalkAMileInTheirShoes

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wow, the milk of human kindness is certainly not flowing here is it....
While there will always be those that "chose" to live this way, it's not the case for the vast majority of homeless in the UK. Care in the community, although a good idea in principle, means a lot of people with mental health issues are abandoned by the system. Mental Health Care is decimated beyond belief, especially in youth services.
Do kids that have been abused by parents, those in the care system, LGBT youths that are evicted from home at age 18, ex servicemen/women suffering PTSD and associated addiction problems to name a few also fall into your category of the homeless that "decent people should not have to put up with" and "should be banned from town centres".......

#WalkAMileInTheirShoes
Like i said before # there but for grace f god go I #

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Puny God!

;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
lolol!!

G

Greatscott

actually you need to evaluate your thoughts as some of the homeless are ex soldiers who fought for our country and people who have lost loved one going through grief so do you still think that most are as you state if so you have your head buried in the sand :):):):):):)
# deluded thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bad_Influence

actually you need to evaluate your thoughts as some of the homeless are ex soldiers who fought for our country and people who have lost loved one going through grief so do you still think that most are as you state if so you have your head buried in the sand :):):):):):)
# deluded thoughts

True, but the vast majority are not Veterans. Too many are addicts of one denomination or another who wouldn't know how to behave or survive in a civilised society.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
True, but the vast majority are not Veterans. Too many are addicts of one denomination or another who wouldn't know how to behave or survive in a civilised society.

There will always be those that become addicted to one substance or another through their hedonistic ways, that's true. There are also many others that have been failed by the "system". Ex veterans who cannot readjust to society, kids that are drawn into prostitution as a way to survive , people suffering life traumas to name a few become addicted to either drugs or alcohol because they are homeless or end up on the streets as a result. Too many define them by their addictions and not what led them there in the first place. This government and society, like many others before it, have failed these people in on way or another.
We do not live in a "one size fits all" world.
Maybe we should reintroduce the workhouse and poor asylums to keep them hidden away from "decent" people? How about a mass cull? Or do you think the government should step up to the mark and cut some of the billions it sends abroad in overseas aid and spend it on our own social issues instead ?

#OnMySoapbox:)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
There will always be those that become addicted to one substance or another through their hedonistic ways, that's true. There are also many others that have been failed by the "system". Ex veterans who cannot readjust to society, kids that are drawn into prostitution as a way to survive , people suffering life traumas to name a few become addicted to either drugs or alcohol because they are homeless or end up on the streets as a result. Too many define them by their addictions and not what led them there in the first place. This government and society, like many others before it, have failed these people in on way or another.
We do not live in a "one size fits all" world.
Maybe we should reintroduce the workhouse and poor asylums to keep them hidden away from "decent" people? How about a mass cull? Or do you think the government should step up to the mark and cut some of the billions it sends abroad in overseas aid and spend it on our own social issues instead ?

#OnMySoapbox:)

People can be helped , Sure ,

But how ??

I have followed all the comments closely and looked into this more ,

Only a small handful of these homeless people are not junkies !

They have to know that injecting Heroin to mask whatever problems you may have as well as being homeless is not acceptable ...

These people are spending 2-300 a day on Crack & Heroin !!

That's enough to sustain a family home with 2 kids and a Mondeo !!

I don't care what their previous employment was they showed no respect to my property and nor would they if you housed them,

I have noticed in Bristol centre the Police are handing out Begging ban orders and they are given a 28 day lay down if breached in Prison.

I do not know what the answer is but at 6am every morning Bristol's shop fronts are full of sleepers !!

It's very sad and the amount of rubbish they generate is everywhere ....

Something needs to be done.

B

Bad_Influence

Ah the age-old "Let down by the system" chestnut. While in some case this is undoubtedly true, it is all to easy to blame the system or society, instead of taking responsibility for ones own actions. I accept that blame for this blame culture could also be placed of the shoulders of "society", but that would cause a paradox, and my head would implode.

Back