Homeless Vagrants .....

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ah the age-old "Let down by the system" chestnut. While in some case this is undoubtedly true, it is all to easy to blame the system or society, instead of taking responsibility for ones own actions. I accept that blame for this blame culture could also be placed of the shoulders of "society", but that would cause a paradox, and my head would implode.

I see Mr Cynical has awoken, good afternoon :)....I am guessing you would vote for the cull option if it was available then?:D:D
Maybe I am grossly misinformed, I am sure you will enlighten me of my failings, but please tell me where the system provides homes for many that end up on the streets before they fall into the abyss of addiction? Why do we need charities to provide "Help for Heroes", "Help the Aged", "Shelter" the list goes on and on. If this wonderful system was working so well, surely these charity organisations and many others would be defunct?
I'm pretty sure the little shites that burgled my home many years ago were after cash for drugs or booze, but very unlikely homeless.
There have always been "the dregs of society" whether they are addicts, homeless, both, or neither, but to label everyone that sleeps rough as not fit to be around decent people and to ban them from town centres shows a very narrow minded view.
The "system" could provide decent policing of drug dealers, a better judicial service, homes for those in need, improvements in the NHS especially Mental Health care and Care for the Elderly.
Society could do better than banner waving over PC issues and instead start lobbying government to deal with the issues that affect everyone, which would include drug problems in the UK and homelessness. The amount of money sent in overseas aid would be far better spent on the welfare of UK citizens, or do you disagree with that too?

#Don'tDoOldChestnutso_O

B

Bad_Influence

I see Mr Cynical has awoken, good afternoon :)....I am guessing you would vote for the cull option if it was available then?:D:D
Maybe I am grossly misinformed, I am sure you will enlighten me of my failings, but please tell me where the system provides homes for many that end up on the streets before they fall into the abyss of addiction? Why do we need charities to provide "Help for Heroes", "Help the Aged", "Shelter" the list goes on and on. If this wonderful system was working so well, surely these charity organisations and many others would be defunct?
I'm pretty sure the little shites that burgled my home many years ago were after cash for drugs or booze, but very unlikely homeless.
There have always been "the dregs of society" whether they are addicts, homeless, both, or neither, but to label everyone that sleeps rough as not fit to be around decent people and to ban them from town centres shows a very narrow minded view.
The "system" could provide decent policing of drug dealers, a better judicial service, homes for those in need, improvements in the NHS especially Mental Health care and Care for the Elderly.
Society could do better than banner waving over PC issues and instead start lobbying government to deal with the issues that affect everyone, which would include drug problems in the UK and homelessness. The amount of money sent in overseas aid would be far better spent on the welfare of UK citizens, or do you disagree with that too?

#Don'tDoOldChestnutso_O

I would never suggest a legal cull, but yes, Thanos had it spot on in The Avengers:Infinity War... Get rid of half the population to give the remainder a chance. Mother Nature must be pissed off at the way we have abused her.

I never claimed that every poor soul on the streets is not capable or fit to be around, only that too many DO fit into that category.

I couldn't agree more that the whole system needs policing far better than currently happens, too much money is wasted on quangos and think-tanks set up to deal with the problem.... fortunes spent failing to actually do anything.

Overseas aid is a tricky subject. I'd happily send feck all abroad... EVER. However this would have a knock-on effect with overseas trade deals and export agreements, which are often set up to include handouts. In my humble opinion I'd keep all cash here and renegotiate all the above. I am hoping that Brexit goes some way towards allowing this to happen.

That said, if all the monies donated to charities went to the people it was intended for, that would be a start.
This is only my personal opinion but all these "Give £3 a month" adverts should be banned... Nadia's family can move nearer the water instead of walking 12 miles every day... Cancer Research is a con that fools so many simply because so many have been touched by such a terrible disease that they will give out of guilt. If the medical geniuses do actually cure all cancers (most unlikely) then the pharmaceutical companies would lose £billions and as theses are the companies with MP's, Oligarchs, and Billionaires on the Boards Of Directors, it will never happen.

In summary, yes I'm a cynic... and proud :):):D:D

PS... All monies donated to animal charities is fine. They are probably still corrupt but animals are worth the risk, humanity isn't. :D

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I would never suggest a legal cull, but yes, Thanos had it spot on in The Avengers:Infinity War... Get rid of half the population to give the remainder a chance. Mother Nature must be pissed off at the way we have abused her.

I never claimed that every poor soul on the streets is not capable or fit to be around, only that too many DO fit into that category.

I couldn't agree more that the whole system needs policing far better than currently happens, too much money is wasted on quangos and think-tanks set up to deal with the problem.... fortunes spent failing to actually do anything.

Overseas aid is a tricky subject. I'd happily send feck all abroad... EVER. However this would have a knock-on effect with overseas trade deals and export agreements, which are often set up to include handouts. In my humble opinion I'd keep all cash here and renegotiate all the above. I am hoping that Brexit goes some way towards allowing this to happen.

That said, if all the monies donated to charities went to the people it was intended for, that would be a start.
This is only my personal opinion but all these "Give £3 a month" adverts should be banned... Nadia's family can move nearer the water instead of walking 12 miles every day... Cancer Research is a con that fools so many simply because so many have been touched by such a terrible disease that they will give out of guilt. If the medical geniuses do actually cure all cancers (most unlikely) then the pharmaceutical companies would lose £billions and as theses are the companies with MP's, Oligarchs, and Billionaires on the Boards Of Directors, it will never happen.

In summary, yes I'm a cynic... and proud :):):D:D

PS... All monies donated to animal charities is fine. They are probably still corrupt but animals are worth the risk, humanity isn't. :D

Wow.... Only a 50% population cull, you big old softie lol.

My presumption on your attitude towards those on the streets was based on your liking the rather charming post that claimed "decent people should not have to put up with them" etc.. not on anything you claimed per se.

As for overseas aid, as far as I am aware , it does not affect any major deals that act in our favour. It's part of a UN agreement for us and other "rich" countries to give 7% of their gross national income to poorer developing countries to enhance their growth. The figure given by the UK in 2016 was 13.4 billion... a sum I am sure would be better spent at home.

I never once mentioned poor Nadia or any other overseas charities, only ones that seem to have to try and fill the gaps in our society that the system leaves sadly lacking. As for animal charities, I am in partial agreement and I am setting up my own to help feed my poor hounds.. all donations welcome :D:D:p

BTW Nothing wrong with being a cynic, as long as you don't become a bigot :D:D:D

B

Bad_Influence

Wow.... Only a 50% population cull, you big old softie lol.

My presumption on your attitude towards those on the streets was based on your liking the rather charming post that claimed "decent people should not have to put up with them" etc.. not on anything you claimed per se.

As for overseas aid, as far as I am aware , it does not affect any major deals that act in our favour. It's part of a UN agreement for us and other "rich" countries to give 7% of their gross national income to poorer developing countries to enhance their growth. The figure given by the UK in 2016 was 13.4 billion... a sum I am sure would be better spent at home.

I never once mentioned poor Nadia or any other overseas charities, only ones that seem to have to try and fill the gaps in our society that the system leaves sadly lacking. As for animal charities, I am in partial agreement and I am setting up my own to help feed my poor hounds.. all donations welcome :D:D:p

BTW Nothing wrong with being a cynic, as long as you don't become a bigot :D:D:D

As I said, I'd prefer we sent feck all abroad and renegotiate any deals with the UN or other organisations/countries... I could make use of £13 Billion far better than corrupt multi-national faceless bureaucrats. :D

I have no doubt charities who aim to help old folk / veterans / children / etc DO help, and although they shouldn't be necessary, but they are and always have been. They would exist even if there were no need because there are vast amounts of cash to be made from the generosity (gullibility) of the public. You only have to see the £millions given to Children In Need every time it comes around.

BTW.... I'm a bigoted cynic. But I prefer the term REALIST. :)

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
As I said, I'd prefer we sent feck all abroad and renegotiate any deals with the UN or other organisations/countries... I could make use of £13 Billion far better than corrupt multi-national faceless bureaucrats. :D

I have no doubt charities who aim to help old folk / veterans / children / etc DO help, and although they shouldn't be necessary, but they are and always have been. They would exist even if there were no need because there are vast amounts of cash to be made from the generosity (gullibility) of the public. You only have to see the £millions given to Children In Need every time it comes around.

BTW.... I'm a bigoted cynic. But I prefer the term REALIST. :)
So you must agree on some level that the "system" , in sending billions abroad has failed the homeless by not using the money to fund the amounts needed to tackle the problem. As for you making better use of the £13 billion, the jury is still out.....Not sure a collection of 50+ year old whiskey is useful lol.:p

As for you being a cynical, bigoted realist......NO COMMENT :D:D:D:D:D

B

Bad_Influence

By sending billions overseas the systems has failed the UK as a whole, not just the homeless. I'd suggest there are many other sections of society that are equally if not more deserving of financial assistance.

And now you're being silly... I'd only spend a couple of billion on vintage scotch. :D:D

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
By sending billions overseas the systems has failed the UK as a whole, not just the homeless. I'd suggest there are many other sections of society that are equally if not more deserving of financial assistance.

And now you're being silly... I'd only spend a couple of billion on vintage scotch. :D:D

I agree that there are plenty of sections of society failed by the system, but as this thread was about the homeless, and in some cases their vilification, I kept to that subject.... Being female of course helped me focus on the topic in hand :p:p

I must say that I admire your self control in only planning on spending a couple of billion on vintage scotch :D:D

Speaking of topics in hand, have you heard that Mars are scrapping Snickers and bringing back Marathon bars :D:D:D:p:p

B

Bad_Influence

"Being female of course helped me focus on the topic in hand"? Let's not turn this into a battle of the sexes, you know you'd lose. :D:p:eek:

Snickers are out??? About fecking time too. Marathons were so much nicer. lol

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"Being female of course helped me focus on the topic in hand"? Let's not turn this into a battle of the sexes, you know you'd lose. :D:p:eek:

Snickers are out??? About fecking time too. Marathons were so much nicer. lol

That's fighting talk if ever I heard it......

Let me know when you have finished beating your chest and psyching yourself up for the battle ahead :p:p:D

B

Bad_Influence

That's fighting talk if ever I heard it......

Let me know when you have finished beating your chest and psyching yourself up for the battle ahead :p:p:D

It certainly was not fighting talk, I'm not stupid ya know. :D

B

Bad_Influence

Oi MEGATART, don't you start or I'll tell everyone about your penchant for strawberries dipped in Marmite, and that crochet is your favourite hobby.

Nigh Towel got it right.... I'm a sensible man. So there. :D

G

Greatscott

Oi MEGATART, don't you start or I'll tell everyone about your penchant for strawberries dipped in Marmite, and that crochet is your favourite hobby.

Nigh Towel got it right.... I'm a sensible man. So there. :D
well well what i like to do in the privacy of my home is private, but as far as you are concerned you do actually remind me of stan laurel and hells is oliver hardy as you two are so close lmao :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

B

Bad_Influence

well well what i like to do in the privacy of my home is private, but as far as you are concerned you do actually remind me of stan laurel and hells is oliver hardy as you two are so close lmao :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Look Mr Bean, behave yourself. :D:D:D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Is there someone out there who does not like sex ?

Put those oversized monsters away you utter MELT!

Do you even own them.

Back