Swearing in YAH

Do you want swearing in YAH?

• Yes

Votes: 78 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.0%
  • Look into creating another room like YAH but with swearing...

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jefffs

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
proud to be part on the PC brigade, I have no need to use the C word on any occasion and never will, just part of the way i was raised, and I do put people on ignore when they use it and NO i dont want to use YAH room
A vote was taken not too use the C word in YAh. this is a tad like Brexit, the remoaners want to keep voting until it go`s their way

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Yeah there's no revote happening, but changes are coming.

shaz1970xx

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Can we go bk to our silly names in yah also i quite liked my " belt ya bishop " name before i was told its too rude

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Yep I did. I don't have time to babysit petty issues.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
so true jeffs let them keep moaning
Boris will sort them out

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What people find offensive is purely subjective. There are hard and fast rules over blatant racism, homophobia etc and as adults we should all be aware of these by now. Swearing on the other hand is just another way of expressing your feelings surely and just words after all. I find personal attacks on people far more offensive tbh, should everyone be banned for that regardless of whether language deemed "offensive" is used or not ? If so where does it end, is chat about sport, politics, whether you agree on the best holiday resorts etc to be banned too? Conversations would be reduced to hi, bye and what the weather is like if that were the case. There is a fine line between offence and abuse, sometimes a hard one to call but again mainly subjective..
Good luck to mods/admin that have to make the decision.

If I don't like the conversation I block chatter/s or leave the room, an option we all have.

B

Bad_Influence

I hate the C word with a passion, although I can’t really explain why. As others have said it’s just a word, four letters in a certain order. I suppose I think it’s only EVER used to offend whereas most other profanities can be used generally.
Blocking users is an option but not if a mod uses language I find offensive so kinda pointless in my view.
If the allowing of swearing is the only change in YAH I certainly won’t be complaining.

On a side note... I hope and expect using the N word to still be bannable. Yes it's still just a word but I think we can all agree it is beyond offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I hate the C word with a passion, although I can’t really explain why. As others have said it’s just a word, four letters in a certain order. I suppose I think it’s only EVER used to offend whereas most other profanities can be used generally.
Blocking users is an option but not if a mod uses language I find offensive so kinda pointless in my view.
If the allowing of swearing is the only change in YAH I certainly won’t be complaining.

It's only the hatred of a word that gives it power.. Personally I prefer to give others as little power as possible over me :cool:

#LongLiveTheSwingingBrick

B

Bad_Influence

It's only the hatred of a word that gives it power.. Personally I prefer to give others as little power as possible over me :cool:

#LongLiveTheSwingingBrick

As I said, I can't really explain why it offends me. At least I can explain why I find the word 'Liverpool' offensive. :D:p;) lol

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

On a side note... I hope and expect using the N word to still be bannable. Yes it's still just a word but I think we can all agree it is beyond offensive.
The N word comes under the hard and fast rules that we all, as adults, should know about by now..

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
The N word comes under the hard and fast rules that we all, as adults, should know about by now..

giphy.gif

Reaction score
What if you type the words backwards?

azureblue

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I do not care for the idea of banning any words online or off. To me it smacks of Orwell's 1984 when it was planned that 'Newspeak' would par down the language so much that no alternative thoughts would be possible. If a word hurts your poor eyes so much just close them or hit that good 'ole ignore button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back