Brexit - Second Referendum

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Unable to stand alone? You have got to be from Europe?? Us Brits are more than confident we can't flourish without being dragged down by the unelected, cash-sinkhole that is the EU. Don't underestimate the British ability to stick two fingers up and prove we are strong enough.

I am a UK citizen, who believes the UK is better off in Europe than out of it. The pathetic way the leavers are behaving is making this country look almost as stupid as the US looks under the rule of Trump!

B

Bad_Influence

I am a UK citizen, who believes the UK is better off in Europe than out of it. The pathetic way the leavers are behaving is making this country look almost as stupid as the US looks under the rule of Trump!

It's not the leavers trying to overturn a democratic vote. The remoaners want a second referendum, then what? Best 3 out of 5 I suppose? Keep demanding until they get the result they like then claim it's the democratic result? It's the remoaners making this country look stupid, but fortunately they are in the minority.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It's not the leavers trying to overturn a democratic vote. The remoaners want a second referendum, then what? Best 3 out of 5 I suppose? Keep demanding until they get the result they like then claim it's the democratic result? It's the remoaners making this country look stupid, but fortunately they are in the minority.

If we leave the EU, we will see who looks stupid then, especially when the NHS falls apart. We need people from the EU and other countries to help run it. Britain is very insignificant these days and I suspect will be even more so without the backing of the EU.

B

Bad_Influence

If we leave the EU, we will see who looks stupid then, especially when the NHS falls apart. We need people from the EU and other countries to help run it. Britain is very insignificant these days and I suspect will be even more so without the backing of the EU.

Insignificant? PMSL... We have had our power diminished BY the EU... something we can and will regain once we leave. We will still make trade deals with European countries as well as those outside Europe... and they will be deals on OUR terms, without having to pay the EU for the 'privilege'.
I hate to burst your bubble but the NHS is already falling apart so Brexit will have little to no effect on that. And as for needing staff, I agree we need more nurses but we do not need the standard of nursing care that we currently employ in large parts of the NHS. Half the nurses from abroad can't speak English, have no clue what the words 'care and compassion' mean, and are inept at best.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Insignificant? PMSL... We have had our power diminished BY the EU... something we can and will regain once we leave. We will still make trade deals with European countries as well as those outside Europe... and they will be deals on OUR terms, without having to pay the EU for the 'privilege'.
I hate to burst your bubble but the NHS is already falling apart so Brexit will have little to no effect on that. And as for needing staff, I agree we need more nurses but we do not need the standard of nursing care that we currently employ in large parts of the NHS. Half the nurses from abroad can't speak English, have no clue what the words 'care and compassion' mean, and are inept at best.

You seem to have a problem with migrants, which is rather silly as Britain is built on incomers. Most 'true Brits':p ancestors started off as migrants. Of course the nurses can speak English, they wouldn't be taken on if they couldn't.

B

Bad_Influence

I have a problem with uncontrolled, mass immigration, yes. You said yourself we are a tiny country... we are having our national identity eroded and I lay the blame firmly at the door of Blair and co.
You have obviously never been in hospital... most foreign nurses could just about get by holding a conversation but no more than that.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have a problem with uncontrolled, mass immigration, yes. You said yourself we are a tiny country... we are having our national identity eroded and I lay the blame firmly at the door of Blair and co.
You have obviously never been in hospital... most foreign nurses could just about get by holding a conversation but no more than that.

The more migrants the merrier in my opinion. I probably know more about the NHS than you do as there are a lot of medics in my family.

B

Bad_Influence

The more migrants the merrier in my opinion. .

WTF???? I give up... that is quite simply the most stupid comment I've ever read here. If you hate Britain and the British way of life so much why are you still here?

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
WTF???? I give up... that is quite simply the most stupid comment I've ever read here. If you hate Britain and the British way of life so much why are you still here?
I don't hate Britain, but I do detest racists.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
JJ50

May i ask where you are from please ?
Apologies if you said but i didn't see it

:D

B

Bad_Influence

But you do hate what Britain stands for or you wouldn't want to completely undermine it by allowing all and sundry to come here.
I am not racist... please tell me where you got that idea from. It's all too easy to scream RACIST, with nothing to back it up. Shameful!

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You seem to have it in for me, but no matter it doesn't worry me in the slightest. In fact I feel rather sorry for you as you appear to be trying to convince yourself you are correct to hold the views you do.

For your information I like living in the UK, I have lived here since 1969 when I married my English husband. I am half English, a quarter Channel Islander, and a quarter Irish. I am a staunch Monarchist, my late father was a senior politician, he and my mother attended several of the Queen's garden parties as well as a private dinner party on the Royal Yacht, where he got on extremely well with the Duke of Edinburgh. One of my brothers-in-law was a senior civil servant before he retired, it was his job to organise Royal visits to my home island, he has been to Buck House many times. I probably know rather more about the make up of this country than you do due to my connections. So forgive me if I find your assertions rather amusing. You are free to ignore my posts if they are not to your taste.

B

Bad_Influence

You seem to have it in for me, but no matter it doesn't worry me in the slightest. In fact I feel rather sorry for you as you appear to be trying to convince yourself you are correct to hold the views you do.

For your information I like living in the UK, I have lived here since 1969 when I married my English husband. I am half English, a quarter Channel Islander, and a quarter Irish. I am a staunch Monarchist, my late father was a senior politician, he and my mother attended several of the Queen's garden parties as well as a private dinner party on the Royal Yacht, where he got on extremely well with the Duke of Edinburgh. One of my brothers-in-law was a senior civil servant before he retired, it was his job to organise Royal visits to my home island, he has been to Buck House many times. I probably know rather more about the make up of this country than you do due to my connections. So forgive me if I find your assertions rather amusing. You are free to ignore my posts if they are not to your taste.

Thank you for that but please explain why you called me a racist? At least have the common decency to back up your insult. I have not attacked you in any way... all I've done is disagree with your views that mass immigration is a good thing.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Thank you for that but please explain why you called me a racist? At least have the common decency to back up your insult. I have not attacked you in any way... all I've done is disagree with your views that mass immigration is a good thing.

I apologise, I got the impression as you appear to have such a problem with migrants you didn't like people who weren't British born and bred.

B

Bad_Influence

I apologise, I got the impression as you appear to have such a problem with migrants you didn't like people who weren't British born and bred.

Apology accepted, thank you. I have no problem with migrants, I DO have a problem with MASS immigration especially when immigrants are treated better than UK Citizens (OF ALL COLOURS, CREEDS, RELIGIONS).

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I also wonder why those of us who express concern about migrants are branded 'racist'. There is a limit to the number of people any country can support...that's just common sense. To be concerned about it is not racist at all.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Portugal are supporting 750.000 Brits with a struggling Economy and 3 bail outs later.

I'm not one for an argument (lol)

But .....

*Flipside* Think before you type , that's all i am asking ,

:D:D:D:D:D

Time for a chooooooooooooooooooon ;);)

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Portugal are supporting 750.000 Brits with a struggling Economy and 3 bail outs later.

I'm not one for an argument (lol)

But .....

*Flipside* Think before you type , that's all i am asking ,

:D:D:D:D:D

Time for a chooooooooooooooooooon ;);)
If Portugal has a problem then it's up to them to do something about it. This is part of the problem...people grumble but no-one does anything.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
If Portugal has a problem then it's up to them to do something about it. This is part of the problem...people grumble but no-one does anything.

I didn't state any problem and i don't grumble.

It was a "Ghost Approach" *Flip Side*

Have you got a problem cause i have all freekin night .....

I will swear in Portuguese too and get away with it.

*These are not the droids you are looking for*

B

Bad_Influence

I also wonder why those of us who express concern about migrants are branded 'racist'. There is a limit to the number of people any country can support...that's just common sense. To be concerned about it is not racist at all.

Because people generally have no better argument than to throw unwarranted insults, it is basically an admission that they want to be seen as 'caring and compassionate' but don't understand the consequences. Mass immigration IS a huge problem but the liberal snowflakes don't care that their attitude is causing damage that soon will be irreversible.

Back