Saint Patrick's/Corpus Christi School Leicester Alumni Reunion

Pat_Gordon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I'm an ex-pat, so to speak, from Leicester. A few years go I organized a Saint Patrick's/Corpus Christi male only alumni reunion. It was a great hit with larger than expected attendance. I would like to do the same again and have opened this account to begin collecting names of those who want to come.

We were kept very much segregated from girls at school. Most, not all, classes were mixed but my Irish teacher was quick to a surprise sharp smack to the head if I was eying female classmate. Consequently we had little opportunity mix with the girls. Boys shared most of their school experience with other boys. A get together with other guys to discuss old times is more relevant, interesting and fun.

I've been out of touch for a couple of years and someone may have already organized another get together for all I know, if so please respond to this note and give me the details.

Regards, Pat

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I expect you will find 100's of organisers and willing names for the above alumni reunion. In fact make another thread while you are at it.

It's going to be popular!

Yeah, 100's, popular.

Pat_Gordon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
It's free advertising. I plan to do many threads to get the word out.

B

Bad_Influence

I can understand that you’d like to contact people but do you think this is the place? At best there’s probably 30
-40 people from Leicester on here and the odds of any one of them sharing your school, at the same time as you, are astronomic.
Good luck but I think you’ve more chance of plaiting fog than getting the result you hope for.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes, that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I give you 12 hours at most

billy goats gonna getcha

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
my troll radar is twitching.

big time.

Pat_Gordon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I can understand that you’d like to contact people but do you think this is the place? At best there’s probably 30
-40 people from Leicester on here and the odds of any one of them sharing your school, at the same time as you, are astronomic.
Good luck but I think you’ve more chance of plaiting fog than getting the result you hope for.

Pat_Gordon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of a site better targeted a Leicester?

However, many of the targeted audience have moved all over the world in the past 50 years or so, Alumni of both St Pat's and Corpus Cristi must be older guys like me now.

I used this same approach several years ago and it worked great. We will see.

B

Bad_Influence

I think it falls into the NFC category. No Fecking Chance.
As I remember being told as a kid... it’s only YOUR time you’re wasting.

Pat_Gordon

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
You obviously don't understand Degrees of Freedom: "It is practically certain that any two individuals can contact one another by means of at most two intermediaries. In a [socially] structured population it is less likely but still seems probable. And perhaps for the whole world's population, probably only one more bridging individual should be needed".

B

Bad_Influence

You obviously don't understand Degrees of Freedom: "It is practically certain that any two individuals can contact one another by means of at most two intermediaries. In a [socially] structured population it is less likely but still seems probable. And perhaps for the whole world's population, probably only one more bridging individual should be needed".

Epically wrong on more levels that I care to count (I counted to 1 and got bored)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
it took less than 12 hours.

took less than to the end of the very first typed sentence.

what will be next? I may start a poll.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

Thoughtful comment but....C'mon Bad...Jeez, it's not like You to fall for crap like this. :rolleyes:

An Ex-Pat (male only alumni) called Pat...Hmm okay...!:D

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of a site better targeted a Leicester?

However, many of the targeted audience have moved all over the world in the past 50 years or so, Alumni of both St Pat's and Corpus Cristi must be older guys like me now.

I used this same approach several years ago and it worked great. We will see.

My BOLD...

How about we WON'T...!

Do one.

B

Bad_Influence

Well the attacking of one of MY Oil Tankers was NOT gracefully accepted...Them blasted Iranian Pirates... at it again...!!

View attachment 1056
But Mr Corbyn said it might not be... Mr Corbyn never tell lies. Oh hold on, what was it he said about the Novichok poisonings? Oh yes, it wasn't the Russian Gov't. Strange how it turned out it WAS Putin and co.
Corbyn is so quick to defend everyone that wants to harm us but never trusts our own armed forces. Anyone would think he hates the country he wants to lead. :D:D:D:D:D

Back