What is your opinion of yesterdays D Day commemorations?

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So moving yet there are those who thought of it as 'just a bit of history' If it were not for this 'just a bit of history' many of us would not be here today and still living in a comparatively free country.

B

Bad_Influence

Whilst I have nothing but respect for those who lived through that, I'm a whole lot more concerned with the current state of this country. We, as a nation, as a society, seem to have learned nothing from the past. England has lost all its identity, to the point the Flag of St George is deemed offensive to some, and that's shameful.

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Whilst I have nothing but respect for those who lived through that, I'm a whole lot more concerned with the current state of this country. We, as a nation, as a society, seem to have learned nothing from the past. England has lost all its identity, to the point the Flag of St George is deemed offensive to some, and that's shameful.

The current state of the country would have been a lot worse if it were not for those heros, all of those left now in the sunset of their life. What has brought about the state the country is in today? IMO too much of 'We must help the poorer nations of the world' instead of looking at the problems in our own country which are many.
It is not just England (The flag of St George) it is the whole of the British Isles that will soon be a Third World Country until someone, somewhere puts Britain First. By the way, are politics permitted on this forum? I post on one other forum where politics are taboo.

B

Bad_Influence

The current state of the country would have been a lot worse if it were not for those heros, all of those left now in the sunset of their life. What has brought about the state the country is in today? IMO too much of 'We must help the poorer nations of the world' instead of looking at the problems in our own country which are many.
It is not just England (The flag of St George) it is the whole of the British Isles that will soon be a Third World Country until someone, somewhere puts Britain First. By the way, are politics permitted on this forum? I post on one other forum where politics are taboo.

I could not agree more. It is time that those in power put the British public first or they will eventually be shown the error of their ways.. I do believe we are at that crossroads now, people are tired of being seen as second class citizens in their own country..

I think politics are allowed but racism, homophobia, xenophobia etc will rightly be censored. I'm sure I'll be corrected if that is incorrect.:)

P.S. I save my racism and xenophobia for elsewhere. lmao :D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I WISH you had been in the room I was in yesterday evening, talking about this but answered by no-one who cared. I watched the 6 o'clock news and decided I would be unable to watch those old men crying again at 10. They were so humble and genuinely upset, it was painful. My man was fuming, having seen the reports of English football fans throwing bottles at police, saying, 'My God - these old guys gave everything just so these could be free to behave like cocks now' (sorry for the expletive, but I quote with accuracy). The people we saw last night will not be celebrating another D-Day milestone anniversary and it will all be forgotten by the masses. Later, the news showed pupils from some school in England who were speaking with gratitude to the soldiers and others and recognition for all that had been sacrificed by these people; I was so pleased, I almost wished I had some social media platform I could have used to contact them: they renewed my faith in us all.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Franden, it is not politics. This is down to people. Just people and the way they choose to raise their children and care about nothing. There is nothing wrong with your post.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I should have had a child! I could have made it good and kind! I would have bought it a puppy and everything!

:p

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Arse, you are. Shower. Bed. Nos da. x

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
An incident came to me and I wonder Do some people really know what they are saying? There was a picture of a 'young' lady screaming at a man because he was a Trump supporter and calling him a Nazi. Does she know what a Nazi was really like? Ask her and I,m willing to bet she did not know. Being a supporter of someone whose policies you do not agree with does not make you a Nazi.
Not all Germans living in Nazi Germany were Nazis They were living under a country ruled by a Nazi government with a madman as their 'boss' .They lived every minute in fear of their lives. If this man was displaying a banner saying "Hitler was innocent" then perhaps she had every reason to call him a Nazi. His banner was in support of Donald Trump and whatever she thought of Trump, calling a supporter of his a Nazi is going too far.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
An incident came to me and I wonder Do some people really know what they are saying? There was a picture of a 'young' lady screaming at a man because he was a Trump supporter and calling him a Nazi. Does she know what a Nazi was really like? Ask her and I,m willing to bet she did not know. Being a supporter of someone whose policies you do not agree with does not make you a Nazi.
Not all Germans living in Nazi Germany were Nazis They were living under a country ruled by a Nazi government with a madman as their 'boss' .They lived every minute in fear of their lives. If this man was displaying a banner saying "Hitler was innocent" then perhaps she had every reason to call him a Nazi. His banner was in support of Donald Trump and whatever she thought of Trump, calling a supporter of his a Nazi is going too far.
People who think and learn and have intelligence know this. Worry not. Think not of those who don't.

Reaction score
Politics and money, roots of all evil.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the whole 'Commemorations', I didn't want to.

Of course, I have great respect for the soldiers that were faced with such atrocities and suffered the most horrific of battles.

What is often forgot, the German Soldiers had it just as bad. They were only doing as they were Ordered.

They should all be remembered...but do we need reminding on such a grand scale?

As Bad_Influence say's, the UK....what those soldiers fought for, is no longer recognised by its OWN people.

Our attention should be focused on the Here and Now...Not the past.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Religion is the root of all evil, including politics. :)

Religion is the root of all evil. Politics...? Politics are used by Insecure and deluded men and women( and Gender Neutral's, and Lesbians..Gay people, and Bi people...Any one else I forgot? :rolleyes:!) , who have nothing better to do than argue with themselves about stuff they think the general public care about.!

Fairway

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting subject, without the Polish contingent the Battle of Britain would have failed without their support, yet they are always overlooked, and still denied invitation to attend officially...

B

Bad_Influence

That’s a big claim. There’s no proof it would have failed.

Back