What is your opinion of yesterdays D Day commemorations?

Fairway

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I got that information from doing a little research on the Web. Also I was fortunate to have known my grand father who was an allied pilot flying Hurricanes.Historians back up the fact that Polish allied pilots shot down more enemy aircraft than the RAF. The then chief of staff made comment to churchill, and it is documented, We could not have done it with out them. See the film. , Hurricane.

B

Bad_Influence

Ok, I got that information from doing a little research on the Web. Also I was fortunate to have known my grand father who was an allied pilot flying Hurricanes.Historians back up the fact that Polish allied pilots shot down more enemy aircraft than the RAF. The then chief of staff made comment to churchill, and it is documented, We could not have done it with out them. See the film. , Hurricane.

I’m in no way questioning or demeaning their contribution, there can be no doubt it was intrinsic to the victory in the sky. All I meant was it is impossible to state we WOULDN’T have won without them. Maybe others would have taken their place.
Predictions are hard enough when you know all the parameters, nigh on impossible when there are so many variables. :):)

Fairway

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Of course, you are correct and your interpretation is the only one allowed. . Cherio

B

Bad_Influence

Of course, you are correct and your interpretation is the only one allowed. . Cherio

I am allowed MY interpretation yes, correct.
However YOU are not obliged to agree.
This forum is in the DEBATES section, it’s not much of a debate if everyone agrees. :):)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairway

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yes of course, definitely and only your interpretation, such a `mine`of the only explanation, motion carried, definately
Phew, you won that one. .

B

Bad_Influence

Yes of course, definitely and only your interpretation, such a `mine`of the only explanation, motion carried, definately
Phew, you won that one. .
What planet are you on? I’ll visit one day.

B

Bad_Influence

With respect. ;) Reign it in Bad'. The guy is 60 years old and is a relatively New member. ! :)
Rein what in? He obviously doesn't like anyone having an opinion unless it matches his.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You're talking to the wrong one. If he is going to start with sarcasm what does he expect in return?

Fair enough bang on.... But do you really think he was being sarcastic or just returning a comment to the best of his ability?..!

B

Bad_Influence

Fair enough bang on.... But do you really think he was being sarcastic or just returning a comment to the best of his ability?..!
"Of course, you are correct and your interpretation is the only one allowed. . " If that's not sarcasm...........

B

Bad_Influence

BLAST...I feel your sorrow...Don't be so defeatist...You can always have a mega argument with me if you fancy it big lad...;) :D:D:D
Been there. Done that. Made a fortune selling the tee shirt :D

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Been there. Done that. Made a fortune selling the tee shirt :D

NO...Perhaps i should Re-Phrase..You have Never come any where near close to 'Been there'...I will let you off just this once dear fellow.

The rest is poppycock...;) :D

B

Bad_Influence

NO...Perhaps i should Re-Phrase..You have Never come any where near close to 'Been there'...I will let you off just this once dear fellow.

The rest is poppycock...;) :D
I think you may have heat stroke. I’m concerned.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I think you may have heat stroke. I’m concerned.

Don't be.;).. I do not suffer from anything.. apart from withdrawal from Alcohol. And when I do, I turn a funny shade of yellow...!

On the plus side, i often get asked to star on the Simpsons. ;)..:D

Back