Forum Life

Is there life on this forum?

• No - there's more life in a tramp's vest the ship's sinking, man the lifeboats

• Yes - but only a few non-sentient life forms

• Brexit

Results are only viewable after voting.

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Forums, ALL forums are what members make of them. We get posts from posters saying such and such a forum is boring or they are 'rubbish' and they are leaving. OK, leave. Everyone has different views on various topics but to chastise someone for expressing a view you do not agree with does not mean the forum is rubbish. Everyone is entitled to their view and that view should be respected. What a boring life it would be if everyone agreed with everyone else. I am a member of three forums and one is very 'clique' but it does not bother me. I have often replied to a thread and have received no response because I am not 'one of the gang' . What I do not like is downright rudeness from one poster to another. I left one forum for that reason. To me a forum is a place to meet and have friendly chit chat with each other. Share laughs and have friendly discussions not 'bear bait' each other.
I,m going now before someone tells me I am spouting a load of crap. Maybe I am but that,s the way I am.

W

Wren

Forums are great,

Clear the mind of clutter , sometime even read the clutter too, but mostly its always fun , or funny
If you don't like something ,just move on,

Long live Forums .... life :D

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Stop spouting a load of crap, Franden! Only kidding. Indeed; forums wouldn't be that if only one person posted about one point of view! I love a bit of babble with whoever will tolerate me!:p

B

Bad_Influence

Forums are great,

Clear the mind of clutter , sometime even read the clutter too, but mostly its always fun , or funny
If you don't like something ,just move on,

Long live Forums .... life :D
If I clear the clutter from my mind there'd be nothing left in there.:D

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
haven't posted in a while because nothing has caught my wonky eye. it's all I've been banned ....blah blah blah.

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
haven't posted in a while because nothing has caught my wonky eye. it's all I've been banned ....blah blah blah.

Pray tell me what has been banned and why?
There are some forums that put a ban on some subjects but I would like to know what is banned from discussing on this forum.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There are some forums that put a ban on some subjects but I would like to know what is banned from discussing on this forum.
what Gem means its all about ppl moaning abut being banned.

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I take it u haven't been on this site for long?

B

Bad_Influence

No I have not and if I am going to continue getting messages I do not understand like "ty meg simples" I won,t stay long.
One thing you need to learn about these pages Franden is never to take ANYTHING to heart. As I'm sure you're aware, words on a screen can be read different ways. Without the inflection of the spoken word, a typed sentence can take on many meanings. Just as grammar can be the difference between "Let's eat, grandma" and "Let's eat grandma", never judge a comment solely on the content. :):D:p

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No I have not and if I am going to continue getting messages I do not understand like "ty meg simples" I won,t stay long.
I was replying to megs233 as she explained my statement in simpler terms and not yourself actually. Alot of the forum posts or actually almost nearly all posts of late are about people asking over turning bans/how long does their ban last for/unfair bans and so the list goes on. I hope this explains my rather vague statement/post.

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I was replying to megs233 as she explained my statement in simpler terms and not yourself actually. Alot of the forum posts or actually almost nearly all posts of late are about people asking over turning bans/how long does their ban last for/unfair bans and so the list goes on. I hope this explains my rather vague statement/post.

Thanks for your response. The problem is that I am still living in the past when things were much simpler. Today's generation, to me, appear to be conversing in an alien language. I have great grand children who speak what I have heard as 'Star Trek' language.
This forum,sadly, appears to be for the younger folk and not for the likes of an oldie like me.

B

Bad_Influence

I've not been called "Younger folk" for a long time..... thank you :D:D

Back